PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in AZ during the summer

ricomon
06-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I know it gets damn hot in the Phoenix area during the summer. What time is the best to play. Where can I go to get a game. I'm a 4.0-4.5 and I might be getting out there to visit my sister in Chandler.

jamauss
06-07-2006, 11:32 PM
I'll be moving to the Glendale/Surprise area in August and I'm going to be trying to figure out when the best time to play is, too. I suspect it's before about 10am or after 7pm. Other than that, it's probably too hot to play.

I look forward to the 75 degree winters, though. :)

GS
06-10-2006, 03:07 PM
I played during a few 112 degree days in Palm Springs at a luxury resort years ago, mostly because the grass and clay court time was free back then, and the summer room rates were half price. We played 9 am to noon, wearing white clothes and drinking plenty of water, then again at 5 pm when the sun went behind the mountains and it started cooling down. Like they say, it's a dry heat, not humid, so it's bearable.

goober
06-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I'll be moving to the Glendale/Surprise area in August and I'm going to be trying to figure out when the best time to play is, too. I suspect it's before about 10am or after 7pm. Other than that, it's probably too hot to play.

That's pretty much right. 7 pm is fine but the sun goes down usually later at 7:30. Once the sun goes down it is fine. In the morning I usually play 7 - 9am. 10 am is ok but it starts getting toasty.

127mph
06-10-2006, 09:21 PM
im pretty bummed about the suns loosing to the mavericks. next year amare will be back. HOLLA!!