PDA

View Full Version : What chances do you give Ljubicic?

prostaff18
06-08-2006, 06:46 AM
I think that Ljubicic can really test Nadal. Do any of you think that Ljubicic can beat Nadal? I think that Ljubicic has a good chance because of his height; the ball bouncing up won’t bother him that much. But he is also slow compared to other pros. I think that it will be a good match.

panic
06-08-2006, 06:56 AM
I don't think he really has a chance. Nadal is gonna run him around a lot.

skip1969
06-08-2006, 07:05 AM
the quarters failed to impress. i'm hoping the semis will be better. though, clay isn't ljubicic's surface. so i'm guessing he won't be able to keep up with the king of clay.

hope i'm wrong, though. if he won, i'd buy drinks for everyone.

Shabazza
06-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Ljubicic should have won Madrid last year against Nadal, but failed (it was his best chance for a Masters title - same against Berdych) - he won't win against Nadal at RG, but could take a set from him!

Ivanišević
06-08-2006, 08:28 AM
no way.. he could only jeopardize nadal with his serve.. ljubo couldn't keep up with nadal's balls coz he has really bad footwork
althought, i'd like him to win:)

Aykhan Mammadov
06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Ljubicic is not moving fast, so his chances against Nadal are zero.

Moose Malloy
06-08-2006, 11:46 AM
"I'm not impressed with that streak. He was close to losing many times. If I play my game, I know I can beat anyone. Why not Rafael Nadal? I definitely know I have my chances. He keeps winning on clay but he can't win for ever."
-- Ivan Ljubicic on Rafael Nadal's claycourt winning streak before facing the Spaniard in the semifinal at the French Open.

Viper
06-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Vereh niec quote

LeftyServe
06-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Ljubicic has had one of the least challenging draws a seed has ever faced. He looked befuddled on the clay in Monte Carlo and Rome. Ferrero, Moya, even Massu would have sent him packing quickly packing if he had had to face them earlier in the draw. There's no reason to think he can touch Nadal. But Wimbeldon's right around the corner...

Docalex007
06-08-2006, 11:53 AM
His chances are minimal. Probably comparable to the chances of me accidentally hearing the Macarena song on the radio.

Nadal in four, probably three.

mislav
06-08-2006, 12:07 PM
His chances are minimal. Probably comparable to the chances of me accidentally hearing the Macarena song on the radio.

Nadal in four, probably three.
Hey Alex, those are pretty big chances. ;)

I believe Ljubo might have a genuine chance here to beat Nadal. But it is more likely that he would lose.

Docalex007
06-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey Alex, those are pretty big chances. ;)

I believe Ljubo might have a genuine chance here to beat Nadal. But it is more likely that he would lose.

You know, normally I don't pull for Ljubicic, but tomorrow, I'll be his biggest fan. :D