PDA

View Full Version : Your Perfect Shoe?

Nike Man
06-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi im just wondering what your ideal shoe would be. If you could go to a top shoe designer and tell him exactly what you wanted out of the following catagories, what would your choices be?

-BRAND
-MAIN COLOURS
-BIG LOGO/SMALL LOGO/MEDIUM SIZED LOGO
-LIGHT,LESS DURABLE/HEAVY, DURABLE/A MIX
-LOW TO GROUND/HIGH TO GROUND
-NARROW/WIDE
-STABLE/FLEXIBLE
Here are my choices:

-NIKE
-WHITE,BLUE
-MEDIUM SIZED LOGO
-LIGHT, LESS DURABLE
-LOW TO GROUND
-NARROW
-FLEXIBLE

Fatmike
06-08-2006, 08:00 AM
fit and comfort of breathe free II, durability of barricade

Ripper
06-08-2006, 09:59 AM
-BRAND
-NIKE

What has Nike done for you, that you can't look at other brands? What's it about Adidas people and Nike people with these brands? Did you know Prince made better shoes than them for less money?

mucat
06-08-2006, 10:07 AM
New Balance CT1001, unmatched cushioning.

If anyone find another pair with better cushioning, I am willing to try.

Hewitt rulez
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Mine would just be the Barricade 4's.

palikero
06-08-2006, 10:25 AM
I'd like some hybrid shoe mix between the BArricade 3 and Barricade 4. That'd be the best shoe ever made.

Nike Man
06-08-2006, 10:45 AM
What has Nike done for you, that you can't look at other brands? What's it about Adidas people and Nike people with these brands? Did you know Prince made better shoes than them for less money?

Well my answer to that is that ive never had any problem with my nike shoes (apart from VS - popped bubble!) so why should i change? The fit, cushioning and weight of most nike shoes are perfect for me and iv found my perfect shoe, the BFII, so there's no need for me to keep searching for a better one. Also Im sure other brands do do good shoes but personally i think nike shoes looks are so much better, that i will pay the extra money.

Craig Sheppard
06-08-2006, 10:53 AM
The Nike Air Court Motion Internationals were the best shoes I've ever owned...

Lakoste
06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
-BRAND
-MAIN COLOURS
-NARROW/WIDE
-STABLE/FLEXIBLE

Timberland
Black
Huge Logo
Durable-Heavy
Huge to Ground
Wide
Stable as a Rock:mrgreen:
http://tbl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTBL-2460543v250.jpg

str33t
06-08-2006, 11:12 AM
barricade 4's ... best ever.

Nike Man
06-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Timberland
Black
Huge Logo
Durable-Heavy
Huge to Ground
Wide
Stable as a Rock:mrgreen:
http://tbl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTBL-2460543v250.jpg

LOL They wud be intresting to try and play in............ can't see federer wearin them somehow:)

Mike Danger
06-08-2006, 11:14 AM
FWIW im starting to hate nike, especially since their toe boxes are always so hard, i remeber nikes in the mid 90s had these really soft uppers on the toes, but now after a couple hours in my BFII's the top of my pinky's feel like they are being jammed with a needle.
i want a fat forefoot tread with rounded heel, MAX cush in the heel, mesh upper with good toe dragging, Wild color scheme, speed lasing, no eyelets

slewisoh
06-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi im just wondering what your ideal shoe would be. If you could go to a top shoe designer and tell him exactly what you wanted out of the following catagories, what would your choices be?

-BRAND
-MAIN COLOURS
-NARROW/WIDE
-STABLE/FLEXIBLE
Here are my choices:

-NIKE
-WHITE,BLUE
-MEDIUM SIZED LOGO
-LIGHT, LESS DURABLE
-LOW TO GROUND
-NARROW
-FLEXIBLE

Don't really care what the brand is, but I always thought a really cool shoe would have flames on the sides. Narrow shoe, but with a roomy, almost square toe box - a la Frankenstein...As stable as my Barricades, but with ventilation. My feet feel like they are on fire - maybe I won't need fake flames!

wilsonfaithful
06-10-2006, 03:56 AM
-BRAND
-MAIN COLOURS
-NARROW/WIDE
-STABLE/FLEXIBLE
Here are my choices:

Nike
Red wight
Med logo
light
high to ground
wide
flexibel

jonolau
06-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Blue suede shoes with sideburns running down the edge and studded with rhinestones ...

I've used:

New Balance - twisted my ankle so many times with it that I'm never setting foot in it again. Somehow CG seems a bit high with a narrow base.
Wilson - Great price, fits like a glove. But not enough cushioning for the sole.
Adidas - Great shoes, but does not go with my Nike stuff.
Nike - Still my No. 1 choice. Brand loyalty only because I like it for it's cushioning and protection. Durability could be a little better as I find that it wear out pretty quickly. But bottom line is that you get what you pay for.

jonolau
06-10-2006, 05:40 AM
Sorry, back on topic:

Nike
White leather with black trimmings.
Medium logo
Light
Low to ground
Wide fit
Stable

ondray
06-10-2006, 06:41 AM
K-Swiss Defier forever.

jonolau
06-10-2006, 06:43 AM
K-Swiss Defier forever.
Hi ondray. Quite a number of people I know in Singapore also rave about K-Swiss. What would you say are the key features that makes it so good?

nViATi
06-10-2006, 06:50 AM
All white Barricade II with better ventilation... :twisted:

c_zimma
06-12-2006, 08:57 AM
K-Swiss Ultrascendor

http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/ProductImages/UA.JPG