PDA

View Full Version : pro 1 vs hps 6.1

AJP
07-06-2004, 09:57 AM
I have the option of switching to the Fischer pro 1 becasue they have the contract with PTR. I currently use the Wilson hps 6.1 and am happy with it. Was wondering if anyone has compared the two.

Just looking at the stats the fischer is a little softer, but they are both 12 + ounces and very head light. Some people rave about the fisher feel which I think must come from the soft flexing frame. So I'm curious to hear if anyone has hit with both, or swithched between the two.

07-07-2004, 05:16 AM
IMO the HPS 6.1 has a slightly larger sweetspot but other than that these 2 sticks have very similar balance points and SW. The big difference though is that the HPS 6.1 feels/is stiffer in the throat area and doesn't come close to the Pro #1 in terms of impact feel/ball feedback/damping. The HPS 6.1 'feels' buzzy & hollow/brittle even with a quality string compared to the Fischer. A back-to-back demo will really illustrate the 'Fischer feel' to you. Other than feel the racquets both play great/similarly.

!<-_->!
07-07-2004, 10:48 AM
I currently play with the HPS 6.1 with 16 inches of lead split at 3 and 9. I have tried the Fischer Pro 1 (lighter version, I think 320g) and did not like it at all. It felt unstable and flimsy. Perhaps that is because I'm used to the stiffer and heavier feel of my racquet. At net, I couldn't seem to play well with the Pro 1 because it seemed to get pushed around a lot (once again, not stable). Also, there was more power with the Pro. 1. Although there was a different feel, overall I like the HPS 6.1 better.

07-08-2004, 09:11 AM
I was referring to the 330g Pro #1 which is a very sold stick. The 320g version is NOT the same stick at all. The Pro #1 FT is a joke.