PDA

View Full Version : Difference in power level between Estusa PBB and PBP?

alfa164164
07-06-2004, 10:10 AM
I imagine the 20% fiberglass in the PBP provides a more flexible feel (although the RDC stiffness rating is close).
How big of a drop in power and manueverability can one expect when going from the PB Braided to the PB Pro?
Any other comments on playability is appreciated.

alfa164164
07-07-2004, 06:31 AM
Anyone, anyone, anyone???

Kick Serve
07-07-2004, 10:28 AM
The differences aren't that great. I have played with both for extended periods of time. The Braided is stiffer so it plays a little crisper and a little more powerful. The Pro is more flexible and has more touch. The Braided plays a lot like a more forgiving Pro Staff 6.0 (85). The Pro is more buttery feeling like an old Head Prestige Classic. Due to their headlight balance both are very manueverable for their weight, so not much of a difference there. Again the differences are slight. It is basically the same racquet only tweaked ever-so-slightly. I could hit the most amazing slice backhands with the Pro, but my serve had a little more pop with the Braided. Volleys were slightly better with the Braided, but groundstrokes and drop shots were slightly better with the Pro. Both racquets generate a lot of spin, but neither are very powerful. If you want a solid old-school player's racquet and you're a player with grooved strokes that can supply your own power, you really can't go wrong with either of them.

alfa164164
07-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks much for the post.