PDA

View Full Version : TV schedule for tommorows matches?

super-cool-dude
06-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Are they being shown live on espn or are they only going to be shown taped between 6-8 pm eastern time?

unkast
06-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Anyone know? Here in NYC, NBC covers 10AM to 1PM. Guess they'll show Fed-Nal?

dubsplayer
06-08-2006, 02:44 PM
10 am in all time zones on NBC. It will be a taped delayed broadcast of Roger and David.

Espn2 will show the second semi at 6pm et. NBC will reboradcast it at 1:00am in the morning.

Moose Malloy
06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
NBC will televise Friday's Federer-Nalbandian semifinal on tape delay starting at 10 a.m. in all time zones. The network's commitment to its morning franchise, The Today Show, takes precedence over presenting the semifinal match live. NBC's contractual rights prevents ESPN2 from airing the men's semi before NBC.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=15469&bannerregion=

dubsplayer
06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
NBC will televise Friday's Federer-Nalbandian semifinal on tape delay starting at 10 a.m. in all time zones. The network's commitment to its morning franchise, The Today Show, takes precedence over presenting the semifinal match live. NBC's contractual rights prevents ESPN2 from airing the men's semi before NBC.

Thanks for that, MM . So Espn's posted TV schedule must be wrong as they have NBC airing the rebroadcast at 1am.

HollerOne5
06-08-2006, 04:11 PM
is anyone else annoyed at the fact that NBC comes and messes everything up? It will be hard to wait to watch their tape delayed broadcast for me without looking at the results online. Why can't they show it live like ESPN? What a joke. And you always know if it will be a long match or not because they will start the match in progress or jump ahead in the middle. If they show all of it, you know its a quick match.

grizzly4life
06-08-2006, 06:32 PM
is anyone else annoyed at the fact that NBC comes and messes everything up? It will be hard to wait to watch their tape delayed broadcast for me without looking at the results online. Why can't they show it live like ESPN? What a joke. And you always know if it will be a long match or not because they will start the match in progress or jump ahead in the middle. If they show all of it, you know its a quick match.

i wasn't sure what was the problem.... NBC taking over coverage makes perfect sense.

you know, we (me included) should always watch what we wish for. we complain about ESPN and TSN, but then look how screwed up it gets when another network gets involved... and let's hope nothing pre-empts the coverage.

drake
06-08-2006, 07:14 PM
The worse part about this dual coverage is while waiting to watch the ESPN semi's (part 2) you don't dare watch the World Cup because you know they will blurt the FO semi results.

oiler90
06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
overall, I've been happy with ESPN's coverage. I was particularly impressed the other morning when they came on extra early to show the Nadal/Hewitt match.

I bet when NBC's contract with French Open expires ESPN with gobble it up to help get a complete monopoly on the GS tourneys.

Oricus
06-09-2006, 12:00 AM
I don't recall NBC having the rights to the Fed Nadal matchup last year in the Semis...

ESPN should attempt in the future to just some how buyout NBC's claim because do they not understand how terrible their coverage is?

We have a great chance to watch two great semis matches live yet. . . I wasn't aware NBC had rights to semis I thought only weekends. . . what a ****er

pound cat
06-09-2006, 03:21 AM
I don't recall NBC having the rights to the Fed Nadal matchup last year in the Semis...

ESPN should attempt in the future to just some how buyout NBC's claim because do they not understand how terrible their coverage is?

We have a great chance to watch two great semis matches live yet. . . I wasn't aware NBC had rights to semis I thought only weekends. . . what a ****er

CANADA 7 am TSN (ESPN INTERNATIONAL) live both matches

barry
06-09-2006, 03:32 AM
I think we should get rid of all the poor coverage both on NBC and ESPN. Let the tennis channel have a shot, or better yet whoever wants to cover the matches can, this is pretty bad coverage.

Nuke
06-09-2006, 04:07 AM
I think we should get rid of all the poor coverage both on NBC and ESPN. Let the tennis channel have a shot, or better yet whoever wants to cover the matches can, this is pretty bad coverage.

Well, whatever network pays the money for the rights to broadcast gets it. We can't just wish the tennis channel would cover it, if they can't pay the bill.

highsierra
06-09-2006, 07:15 AM
NBC's coverage just started, let me just try to understand this, instead of showing the 2nd live semi match, it's showing a rerun of the first? what the %^#*@^$*@)(... Tennis is the only one sports being broadcasted this way. I know that's maybe how the contract was structured but it exactly shows the incompetence of ATP and USTA (if USTA is even involved). Sad, these idiots are unable to prompt their sport like PGA is, and can't even negotiate TV contracts that don't shoot themselves in the foot.

pound cat
06-09-2006, 07:22 AM
Canada Live.....NBC or TSN