PDA

View Full Version : oahu hawaii

cjm2k8
06-08-2006, 03:08 PM
im going to the city of oahu on the island of oahu and i was wondering if anybody knew if there are any clay courts close to oahu

IluvBoris
06-11-2006, 07:12 AM
it's going to be hard to find clay courts there. In Honolul there are a few, although IMHO clay is awful in humid areas. So most people play on cement. There are courts all over Honolulu ( i usually play in the Hawaii Kai area), but I have no idea about Oahu. Sorry.

chex
06-11-2006, 01:51 PM
I live in hawaii kai too... no clay courts. theres quite a lot of hard courts though. I think my school(kaiser high) has the nicest court in this area(locked up)... theres a couple near my school(public), a club, and a couple courts at my brother's middle school(public). some behind my old elementary school(also public). If you tell me which part of the island you're going to, I can direct you to some hard courts, but I've never seen a clay court here...

barney
06-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Probably the best place to pick up a game on Oahu is the Diamond Head Tennis Center public courts.

As for clay courts, there are no public clay courts on Oahu (or any of the other islands) that I know of. I've heard there was a guy in Waipahu who had his own clay court. I heard he held an annual "tournament" with his friends which he titled something like the Pacific International Clay Court Invitational Championships.