PDA

View Full Version : projections for 2006 ATP top 10

matty p
06-08-2006, 11:02 PM
just wondering who everyone thinks will be the year-end top 10? open for debate.

my predictions are:
1. Federer (obviously)
2. Nadal (will have a big enough lead on everyone else after clay)
3. Nalbandian (getting even better)
4. Ljubicic (will keep winning)
5. Blake (look for him to have a big time at the us open)
6. Ancic (if hes doing this well on clay will do better elsewhere)
7. Hewitt (was nearly writing him off but now hes back in form b4 wimbledon and us open)
8. Robredo (improving)
9. Davydenko (not at the level of the top players but plays alot)
10. Stepanek (will break into top 10 soon)

who do you all think?

HollerOne5
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
just wondering who everyone thinks will be the year-end top 10? open for debate.

my projections are:
1. Federer (obviously)
7. Hewitt (was nearly writing him off but now hes back in form b4 wimbledon and us open)
8. Robredo (improving)

who do you all think?

Who cares? The rankings are meaningless. Let's see who can play the big matches at the big events. There are still 3 grand slams to be had this year....

Viper
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I think the word you are looking for is "predictions"

matty p
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Who cares? The rankings are meaningless. Let's see who can play the big matches at the big events. There are still 3 grand slams to be had this year....

but much of the rankings are decided by the grand slam results. thats why they offer more rankings points. plus we all know federer or nadal will win the french open and federer will win wimbledon and us open so whats the point in predicting that?

oh and my bad viper it shouldve been predictions.

malakas
06-09-2006, 05:25 AM

my predictions are:
1. Federer (obviously)
8. Robredo (improving)

who do you all think?

You really believe Roddick will be out of the top 10??;)

tpduke112
06-09-2006, 05:33 AM
yes

matty p
06-09-2006, 06:13 AM

yeah hes not in great form. i just have a feeling he'll drop out just like he dropped out of his match in the french open

jhhachamp
06-09-2006, 09:55 AM
1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Ljubicic
4. Nalbandian
5. Ancic
6. Blake
7. Davydenko
8. Stephanek
9. Baghdatis
10. Roddick

oscar_2424
06-09-2006, 10:51 AM
I dont think Bagdhatis will be a top 10 this year, after the australian open he has not done anything greaT

siber222000
06-09-2006, 11:08 AM

my predictions are:
1. Federer (obviously)
8. Robredo (improving)

who do you all think?
you take roddick out, but u put stepanek in? u must be crazy

DariusRaiden
06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Don't forget Tommy Haas. He has been one of the very best on hardcourts this year, and once the US hardcourt swing gets going, hes going to be on fire again.

matty p
06-09-2006, 05:51 PM
you take roddick out, but u put stepanek in? u must be crazy

i just cant see roddick doing much this year. maybe im crazy putting stepanek in but hes already number 11. where would u put roddick?

JayxTheKoolest
06-09-2006, 06:32 PM
I dont think Bagdhatis will be a top 10 this year, after the australian open he has not done anything greaT

Did you see him play at the French Open? He's as lazy as I am! I strongly doubt he'll ever make the top ten.

conjunctivitis
06-09-2006, 08:01 PM
A pity, really

matty p
06-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Did you see him play at the French Open? He's as lazy as I am! I strongly doubt he'll ever make the top ten.

he was crazy during the aus open tho. dunno wot he did so differently back then. any ideas?

Jon Hampton
06-10-2006, 08:05 AM

my predictions are:
1. Federer (obviously)
8. Robredo (improving)

who do you all think?

Obviously, #1 and 2 are right. As long as Federer continues to play at the level he's at, Nadal will never surpass him. Why? Grass season. Nadal will never go far in the grass season...his "super" topspin is ineffective and he doesn't have a big serve.

The rest of your predictions. Well...Obviously I don't agree. I'm glad you didn't put Roddick in your top 10. I'm waiting to see how he does at Queens to guage how his ranking will fare. If he crashes out in the 2/3 round, then Roddick falling out of the top 10 will be sure as the sun rising.

I like Blake falling in the top 5. I think he deserves it. I don't think he'll have the hottest grass season, but once the second part of the hardcourt season rolls around, I think he could possibly push himself higher in the rankings.

Ancic and Hewitt are a mistake in the top 10. Sure, Ancic MIGHT do well in the grass season, but he's far too inconsistent to make any real damage in the top 10. And Hewitt..well, he's been out of it for awhile and I don't predict he'll ever regain the glory he had in the early 2000's.

matty p
06-10-2006, 08:12 AM
yeah maybe ancic shouldve been swapped around with davydenko? that more accurate u think? even if he doesnt make a huge impact on the top 10 i still think hes in good enough form to crack it soon.

as i said for hewitt i was nearly writing him off before the french open. i think its the 1st time hes played well this year. basically if he plays well at wimbledon he'll get there and if he doesnt he'll be well outside.

Ivanišević
06-10-2006, 08:48 AM
i think ancic will stick in top ten coz the grass season is starting, and later on a hard court season.. if he did well on a clay (which is the worst for him) he could do only better till the rest of the year..
although, i'll put rather roddick then stepanek in top 10