PDA

View Full Version : Adidas CC Feather II supportive enough on clay?

Gee
06-09-2006, 03:13 AM
I read several times on this forum site that the ankle support and stability of these shoes are not very well on hard court.

But how is the support and stability on clay court? I guess they will be fine, because these shoes are especially made for playing clay court. Besides I saw that (nearly) all players sponsored by Adidas were wearing this model on Roland Garros but maybe they have a customized model.

wingit
06-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Feather IIs seem to be clearly designed for clay courts and I've had no problems with support and cushioning on clay. As designed, the shoe seems to be in a class by itself. Have not used the shoe on hard courts but would think durability would be a major issue and can see how forefoot cushioning might be also. The issues raised here concerning stability and cushioning stem from hard court usage and the shoe was not designed for this surface. Feathers' comfort, traction and looks understandably lead folks to want to use them on hard surfaces but such would seem to be asking for problems.

BaseLineBash
06-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Feathers' comfort, traction and looks understandably lead folks to want to use them on hard surfaces but such would seem to be asking for problems.
I guess Martina Hingis and Andre Agassi are asking for problems then.

wingit
06-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Hingis and Agassi wearing the Feathers would seem to speak to the shoe's overall quality although I believe both are under Adidas clothing and shoe contracts. I seriously doubt a shoe's durability would be of major importance to the pros, instead other qualities will dominate. I pay for my shoes which I would guess is not the case for a substantial number who use this forum. When you're on your own nickle, durability issues are important and suspect most who pay their own way would have understandable questions about the Feathers' durability on hard courts owing to the shoe's design. Obviously, there are individual differences in how durable a shoe is judged to be and if your parents' money is no object, durability is not an issue at all.

BaseLineBash
06-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Hingis and Agassi wearing the Feathers would seem to speak to the shoe's overall quality although I believe both are under Adidas clothing and shoe contracts. I seriously doubt a shoe's durability would be of major importance to the pros, instead other qualities will dominate. I pay for my shoes which I would guess is not the case for a substantial number who use this forum. When you're on your own nickle, durability issues are important and suspect most who pay their own way would have understandable questions about the Feathers' durability on hard courts owing to the shoe's design. Obviously, there are individual differences in how durable a shoe is judged to be and if your parents' money is no object, durability is not an issue at all.
There is no doubt they're not the most durable shoe, but I believe they are no worse than the S2 and Vapor Speed. When you said asking for "problems", I took it you meant stability problems.