PDA

View Full Version : Time on Court - Fed v Nadal

OrangeOne
06-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Ok - this is pre-emptive, and is calculated at the end of the Fed semi, before the Nadal Semi. I should wait until after the Nadal semi really, but that's well past bed-time in Aus ;) It was prompted by some 'time on court' comments after Nalby's withdrawal...

By my calculations, Fed has spent 739 mins on court to Nadal's 850 minutes, and as above, this is before Nadal plays his semi. So the current difference of 1hr 49 minutes can be expected to increase, but certainly right now one would have to say it's not a significant difference - even 4 or 5 hours over a 2 week period - especially with Nadal's acknowledged slower "between point" play, would seem not that signicant a difference imho.

More interestingly, based on completed sets, Nadal takes almost 53 (52.9) minutes to win each set he's played so far to Federer's just over 39 (39.2)!

matty p
06-09-2006, 06:18 AM
hey im from aus too just wonderin wot happened to nalbandian? weve got no coverage of the tennis whatsoever here.

and Federer's had much less time on court per set due to his easy draw. hasn't really been challenged except by nalby in the 1st set i guess.

go aussies in the world cup!

Rhino
06-09-2006, 06:28 AM

Ha, I can't wait to see you guys play Brazil! Good luck.

Nalbandian had abdominal problems btw.

matty p
06-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Ha, I can't wait to see you guys play Brazil! Good luck.

Nalbandian had abdominal problems btw.

lol thanx we'll need all the luck we can get. the match is on at the healthy time of 1am here. should beat japan and croatia to make it to the 2nd round tho....hopefully.

i thought nalby had a chance for a while there. oh well ill keep wishin.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-09-2006, 06:41 AM
hey im from aus too just wonderin wot happened to nalbandian? weve got no coverage of the tennis whatsoever here.

and Federer's had much less time on court per set due to his easy draw. hasn't really been challenged except by nalby in the 1st set i guess.

Nalbandian had stomach ailments of some sort.

Australia will be out in the first round of the World Cup, they should feel good about making it though.

Moose Malloy
06-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Wow, these guys have it easy. Chang was on court over 21 hours en route to winning the '89 French. And he didn't get any opponents giving him a walkover.

Moose Malloy
06-10-2006, 03:15 PM
after yesterday:

Fed 12 hrs, 19 minutes
Nadal 16 hrs, 58 minutes

NoBadMojo
06-10-2006, 04:14 PM
after yesterday:

Fed 12 hrs, 19 minutes
Nadal 16 hrs, 58 minutes

Lots of this has to do with nadal going over the limit on time allotment on nearly every service point when he is serving and otherwise taking his time between points. total points played or even sets played would be more revealing than the match time. fed plays prettty fast and Nadal plays s-l-o-w. I hope they monitor this in the finals....Fed has brought up the slow play of Nadal, and I bet he will remind the chair ump on the morrow.

LowProfile
06-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow, these guys have it easy. Chang was on court over 21 hours en route to winning the '89 French. And he didn't get any opponents giving him a walkover.

I'm with you there. Chang had a brutal time winning his French Open. Epic and classic matches though.

But we could possibly see Nadal's on-court time go past 21 hours if the final is as well-played and closely contested as the Italia final.