PDA

View Full Version : Tennis shoes should be worn as tight as possible, without causing discomfort, right?

Ripper
06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I just discovered that I've been playing with shoes 1 full size larger than what my correct size is. I've been using Nike Shox (black, gold and white colors :cool: ) in size 11, but they're, almost, worn out. So, I've been shopping around for new shoes. After closely checking out the new Adidas Barricades and the new Nike Breathes, I decided that I wanted to buy the superb Prince T10s. I was surprised to discover that the 11 was a bit too large for me. So, I asked for a 10.5, without bothering to try the 10s, which could have been a mistake; read on. Today, I decided I was going to, also, purchase a pair of Adidas Feathers, to try them out in playing, to see what all the fuzz was about. When I got to the only store that had any left, they had run out of 10.5 and 11 sizes, but they had a last set of 10s. I, almost, walked out, but, suddenly, decided to try the 10s. Guess what? Yes, they fit; like a pair of correctly sized gloves should fit!. I still have to play with them, but the walk (and jump) around the store routine seemed to prove that they're going to be ok. So, what's going on here? At the Adidas shop they told me that Nike tennis shoes were always narower than their's and that this is the difference I'm seeing now (apparently, I have wide feet); is this true?

chess9
06-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I wear size 12 in Nikes, and size 11.5 in many other shoes. But, shoe sizes are not standardized. If you think tennis shoes are bad, be very careful purchasing cycling shoes!!!

-Robert

Ripper
06-09-2006, 01:24 PM
But, shoe sizes are not standardized.

Well, they are supposed to be, but I guess foot shapes are not standard either... but what about what I asked on the title? Am I right?

Btw, my Feathers are the new, Roland Garros version (the ones in black and orange... the ones in red/silver are last year's RG version) and they look so cool, I don't want to wear them!!!

Black/Orange: http://*******sports.com/images/500/Feather807280600.JPG

Red/Silver: http://www.deremate.cl/user/images/1242/12428542.jpg

PS: Replace the asterisks with m-i-d-w-e-s-t, without the dashes.