PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt vs. Argentina

snoflewis
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Sm5ed11MVg&search=nalbandian

for those who are fluent in spanish, what is this all about? it's pretty obvious that the argentines (and even spain? there was moya in there) don't like hewitt, but i was just wondering what the entire story was about.

LowProfile
06-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh this was Davis Cup Argentina v. Australia last year. Coria and Hewitt got into a fight there. Coria said that he wanted to kill Hewitt after the match because Hewitt's on-court fist pumping and celebrations ****ed him off. He also said Hewitt insulted him on court. Hewitt called Coria a sore loser. He also accused Coria of grabbed his balls while Hewitt was waiting to serve. Lots of harsh words between the two.

diegaa
06-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Hahaha!!! LMAO
excellent video, i´ll be thankful to u for all eternity. I couldnt watch many of those images cos im living abroad... haha, hewitt is a damn arsehole...
Coria explained that the bitter rivalry came from a world cup, when Argentina lost to Venezuela and Lleyton put a banner in his room balcony (in front of coria´s) about that lost, and coria said that insults came and go from each group.
The Moya part is that he was invited to an argie tv show, and stated that hewit is a stupid @sshole.
Oh, all the singing in the argie lockers (after the win against australia) was something like this: "one minute of silence, hewitt is dead (meaning his game is dead)" and "hewitt is a f***ing fearful and has no balls" (thats the general meaning, but its impossible to translate that literally).
Excellent find snoflewis.

bolio
06-09-2006, 06:01 PM
That was great! It was showing how Argentinians and Nalbandian made a cheer making fun of how Hewitt choked but in vulgar terms(se cago). Moya said players disliked Hewitt because of his attitude on the court and surprisingly said that he called Blake a racist name at one point. The sport journalists were egging him on to call him a racist though. They were also making fun of Coria and showing how he was a hypocrite by saying he didn't cuss or disrespect his opponent but accusing Hewitt of the same thing. Nalbandian was very rude and clearly hates Hewitt by the remarks he made. The funny thing is, that just like Hewitt, Argentinians are despised by many Latin-Americans and other countries because of their arrogance and superiority complex.
¿Cómo se suicida un argentino? ¡Se tira de lo más alto de su ego!:mrgreen:

ShcMad
06-09-2006, 06:07 PM
I saw this video from another post, and I laughed my butt off when Coria said something like: "Hewitt and I respect each other on the court" and they show Lleyton shouting "F*** off!" to Coria.

Volly master
06-09-2006, 06:09 PM
hahaa

COME ON GIVE IT TO ME

i never have heared hewitt say all that in a sentece before this video

LowProfile
06-09-2006, 06:15 PM
... and surprisingly said that he called Blake a racist name at one point.

This was at the 2002 US Open Hewitt v. Blake. Hewitt made some remarks that could be implied to be racist regarding a black linesman who made some calls Hewitt didn't like.

Volly master
06-09-2006, 06:22 PM
no it was 2001 ^^

2002 was a different story

Breaker
06-09-2006, 07:21 PM
So..who exactly DO the Argentine players like? It seems as though they don't really have close relations with anyone..

diegaa
06-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Well, they get along very well with the some of the spaniards (for instance, take gisella and tommy there) and other spanish speakers (as luis horna and the chile boys). Some of the old guard (above 26/27) r "friends" of guga. Thats pretty better than many pros, especially hewitt.
So this is answering that argie hater in green above.

bolio
06-09-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't hate any Argentinians or anybody else because of their nationality. The ones I've met have all been good people. I was just stating a fact about Argentinians being disliked that most Americans aren't aware of. There's millions of silly jokes about Argentininas and Galllegos in Spanish speaking countries.

Andres
06-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, they get along very well with the some of the spaniards (for instance, take gisella and tommy there) and other spanish speakers (as luis horna and the chile boys). Some of the old guard (above 26/27) r "friends" of guga. Thats pretty better than many pros, especially hewitt.
So this is answering that argie hater in green above.
Zabaleta, Chela, Calleri, Gaudio, Acasuso and Monaco goes along with almost everyone from South America and Spain.

Coria is probably the jerkest one of the group.

snoflewis
06-09-2006, 08:52 PM
lol...im glad it entertained some of you. i had no idea what the players were saying (obviously). i knew there was some beef between them..and out of nowhere, hewitt yells "F**K OFF!!" lol...pretty surprising, but hey, i'd say that if someone aimed an overhead at me too

Andy Hewitt
06-09-2006, 09:26 PM
"K'MON LAS PELOTAS" lol

superman1
06-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, who cares? They will all eventually be banned for steroid use anyway. Hewitt is the former #1 with 2 Grand Slams. I prefer a few "c'mon's" to a bunch of addicts.

RiosTheGenius
06-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I know Fernando Gonzalez doesn't get along with Coria and Zabaleta.... but he's getting along with Gisela Dulko pretty good :)

I was a bit surprised to see Nalbandian saying "Hewitt se cagó" in that interview...

Dilettante
06-10-2006, 02:53 AM
Great video, very funny.

It seems that not a single Argentinian player can stand Hewitt. Even Moya says "many players dislike Hewitt" and that Lleyton made a racist comment to Blake.

So..who exactly DO the Argentine players like? It seems as though they don't really have close relations with anyone..

Many of them (both men and women) have good relations with Spaniards.

Rhino
06-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Hewitt isn't so bad. If anything he's a bit stupid (which is an opinion I came across a lot when I was in Melbourne from Australians I met), but he's essentially a nice guy. I watched his DVD "Lleyton Hewitt:The Other Side", and he seems really nice. I think this whole "come on" attitude on court won him a lot of titles and was fun to watch, especially when it ****ed his opponents off. He doesn't seem to have that fire anymore and look at his results. Not one single "Come on" in his 2nd round defeat at the AusOpen this year.

matty p
06-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Hewitt isn't so bad. If anything he's a bit stupid (which is an opinion I came across a lot when I was in Melbourne from Australians I met), but he's essentially a nice guy. I watched his DVD "Lleyton Hewitt:The Other Side", and he seems really nice. I think this whole "come on" attitude on court won him a lot of titles and was fun to watch, especially when it ****ed his opponents off. He doesn't seem to have that fire anymore and look at his results. Not one single "Come on" in his 2nd round defeat at the AusOpen this year.

is anyone else aware that alot of australians actually really dont like hewitt? a fair majority of ppl in the country think hes really arrogant and annoying and barrack against him in most of his matches except during the davis cup.