PDA

View Full Version : Murray thinking about BG

BaseLineBash
06-09-2006, 09:42 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis/tm_objectid=17207954&method=full&siteid=66633&headline=andy-warned-over-making-brad-move--name_page.html
I guess Murray talked to Agassi about Brad, or so it would seem.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't know how much Gilbert could help Murray. Murray already plays a smart, counter-punching game. He needs help improving his forehand technique and conditioning. Gilbert couldn't help him with either.

However, Gilbert was the best thing that ever happened to Roddick. He's a great coach and it was a huge mistake for Roddick to get rid of him.

I'm also wary based on Lloyd's comments.

PeterSampras
06-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm not a fan of Napolean Dynamite. Boring game, boring personality.

Hopefully BG will decline.

BaseLineBash
06-09-2006, 09:57 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5062678.stm

Here is some more info.

BaseLineBash
06-09-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm not a fan of Napolean Dynamite. Boring game, boring personality.

Hopefully BG will decline.
Boring personality? He's outspoken and rebellious, maybe BG can help him harness his emotions. I like him!

dmastous
06-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Anything that will get him off my TV is a good thing.
Actually I think Gilbert is a good coach, and will be good for Andy.

Duzza
06-10-2006, 06:22 AM
Bollieteri is interested as well

alienhamster
06-10-2006, 06:39 AM
I like Murray a good bit, actually. He can counterpunch well but also attack out of nowhere. He seems to have and use a lot of variety, and he plays well enough on all surfaces.

He needs some focus on the mental and strategic sides, and I think BG could help him out there immensely. But he also needs to be MUCH fitter, so he needs a good coach to keep him honest.

Don't know about the forehand technique issue. I've seen it break down before, but sometimes he seems pretty solid with it. I need to see him play more to get a better feel for where he needs to improve (other than the mental and physical).

Lindros13
06-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Anything that will get him off my TV is a good thing.
Actually I think Gilbert is a good coach, and will be good for Andy.

I personally enjoy it when Brad Gilbert is announcing. He speaks his mind, and keeps things very entertaining. Am I wrong??? WRT Andy Murray, I think BG could really move him to the next level that he needs.

J-man
06-10-2006, 10:14 AM
This guy sounds drunk during the interview. But some valid points though