PDA

View Full Version : Men's Final: Who will the croud be rooting For?

FEDEXP
06-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Of course I realize that in the interest of more tennis a crowd will get behind a player who is falling behind or is at a make it or break it point; but who is the crowd going to be pulling for on Sunday? On the one hand, the defending champion and young sensation with an incredible winning streak on clay, and on the other, the world's number 1 (on the other three surfaces) with a chance to win four in a row, and to include clay?

superman1
06-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I think most people would like to see Federer win it. Most people like to see him struggle and fight out there, but they don't like to see him lose.

theace21
06-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Federer - he is the underdog, trying to win his first, trying to stop the streak - It is the match up we all have wanted to see...Should be a great match...

FEDEXP
06-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Agreed, because of my moniker I didn't want to state what I think will happen out of the gate; in the Massu/Federer match the crowd really pulled for Federer. I think that just possibly having Federer win would be a result that the French could really get behind for many reasons.

malakas
06-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Is it true that most people root for the underdog? :confused: I always root for the underdog and I am the only one I know that does so.. :(

I think that the French crowd will support Fed.:D