PDA

View Full Version : Nadal / Fed prediction tomorrow

MasterTS
06-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Nadal in 3 sets!

Straight sets this time as Roger will be out of it... Roger got lucky last time to take a TB against Nadal.. This time he will face the young tennagers wrath! Not only that he'll be too nervous chasing history.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-10-2006, 09:07 AM
I think Nadal will probalby win in 4. Federer has alot of pride and does not lose in straight sets very often.

Rickson
06-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Nadal in 3 sets!

Straight sets this time as Roger will be out of it... Roger got lucky last time to take a TB against Nadal.. This time he will face the young tennagers wrath! Not only that he'll be too nervous chasing history.
How much do you want to bet this time?

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Nadal in 4 sets, of course, i will be rooting for Roger.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-10-2006, 09:16 AM
How much do you want to bet this time?

LOL! You are going to make a bet with somebody about Roger winning the French Open final. Did you make that bet last year, since if you did you would have lost.

BabolatFan
06-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Federer wins in 4 sets. If Nadal wins, it'd be a 5 setter or he'd have to win all tiebreakers. It'd be fantastic to see Federer get this Slam and become a another great legend.

Rickson
06-10-2006, 09:18 AM
LOL! You are going to make a bet with somebody about Roger winning the French Open final. Did you make that bet last year, since if you did you would have lost.
To TS's credit, he sent me a liquid metal prestige when he lost last year's bet. TS is a stand up guy and he'll keep his word during any and all wagers, but I don't agree with many of his picks and predictions.

Condoleezza
06-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Fed in 4.

Condi

Feņa14
06-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Federer in 3 and finally puts the kid in his place.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Federer in 3 and finally puts the kid in his place.

Federer in 3 sets? Now that is a prediction. :p

Rickson
06-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Federer in 3 sets? Now that is a prediction. :p
Not a wayward prediction and I could see it happening.

malakas
06-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Federer wins in 4 sets. If Nadal wins, it'd be a 5 setter or he'd have to win all tiebreakers. It'd be fantastic to see Federer get this Slam and become a another great legend.

I completely agree with you.:D

Feņa14
06-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Not a wayward prediction and I could see it happening.

Yep, Federer seems to be prone to slow starts against Nadal. If he comes out all guns blazing then I see it as a real possibility.

simi
06-10-2006, 10:10 AM
...This time he will face the young tennagers wrath!...

Rafael is not a teenager anymore. He had his 20th birthday last week.

MasterTS
06-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Only sets fed can win off Nadal are TBs.

Nadal on the other hand usually takes fed by 1-2 breaks when he takes the set.

Fed doesn't have a chance!

Last 3 matches fed played against nadal, he won 4 sets total.. and of those 4 sets, 2 had to come from TB. Shows that when fed does win a set, he barely wins them!:

Nadal on the other hand has won 8 of the last 12 sets, and only 3 of those being TBs. That's what you call domination.

2006 ATP Masters Series Rome
Italy Clay F Nadal 6-7(0) 7-6(5) 6-4 2-6 7-6(5)

2006 ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo
Monaco Clay F Nadal 6-2 6-7(2) 6-3 7-6(5)

2006 Dubai
U.A.E. Hard F Nadal 2-6 6-4 6-4

federerhoogenbandfan
06-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Umm you just posted a couple 6-2 sets FOR Federer. I agree that Nadal is a gaurantee to win the final, however your point about Federer only taking tiebreaks, and Nadal taking more comfortable sets is not correct.

Breaker
06-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Also notice that in the tiebreaks you posted Federer destroyed Nadal in them, only giving him 2 points in one and none in the other, the ones Nadal have won have all been close, showing that even though it's Nadal 3-2 in tiebreaks Federer has the advantage there along with his 6-2 sets against Rafa (one on clay).

K-kita
06-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Rickson by flying armbar!

Rickson
06-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Rickson by flying armbar!
I prefer the rear choke!

JayxTheKoolest
06-10-2006, 11:42 AM
it'll be a 5 setter guarenteed

Zeph
06-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Fed will win.

HollerOne5
06-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Does anyone think its funny that most people, even TV analysts seem to be predicting Federer to win just because of their close last match, even though Federer has much more on the line, more pressure, and is 1-5 head to head vs. Nadal? I mean c'mon........

Ztalin
06-10-2006, 12:10 PM
MasterTS; of Roger's 4 set wins, 2 of them 6-2. With Nadal, 1 of the 8 sets was 6-2, and 1 was 6-3.

So how exactly is Nadal winning his sets by a larger margin? The sets that Nadal wins that dont' go to tiebreak are usually by 1 break.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Does anyone think its funny that most people, even TV analysts seem to be predicting Federer to win just because of their close last match, even though Federer has much more on the line, more pressure, and is 1-5 head to head vs. Nadal? I mean c'mon........

Yeah I think it is strange. If it was Wimbledon or the U.S Open it would make sense, but not at the French.

Kobble
06-10-2006, 12:32 PM
I think the pressure may be on Nadal. He has to beat Federer to win "The French." Not that Nadal is unlikely to win, he is the favorite. However, the young claycourt players(Almagro included) are geting better. The depth is improving. If he doesn't win now, Federer's chances will decline badly. He had it easy this time, this may be it for him.

~RoWE~
06-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Nadal in 3 sets!

Nadal in 4, remember Nadal will be nervous too with his streak on the line. Either way there is no chance that roger will beat Nadal.

Rickson
06-10-2006, 12:59 PM
It's a slam final, the 1 and 5 actually works in Federer's favor as percentages catch up to everyone, and Federer was saving the victory on clay for the big dance.

Grimjack
06-10-2006, 01:16 PM
It's a slam final, the 1 and 5 actually works in Federer's favor as percentages catch up to everyone, and Federer was saving the victory on clay for the big dance.

The 1 and 5 is meaningless. Nadal holds a 1-0 edge in matches that mean anything. Every match since then has been an exhibition, and thus both players were using that time to gauge the strengths and efficacies of different strategies.

That 1 match was in the semis last year at the French, and tomorrow we get to see whether Fed has closed the claycourt gap or even caught up.

The match tomorrow determines who is the greatest claycourt player in the world. The 59-or-whatever in a row are meaningless, just like Vilas's were. The only one that mattered was the title match at RG last year. Tomorrow, Nadal can make it 2 meaningful wins. Or Fed can add "King of Clay" to his other, more important title, "Best Player on the Planet."

I wish them both well, as long as neither one cheats. Though, since one usually does, I'm not holding my breath.

MasterTS
06-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Or Fed can add "King of Clay"

LMAO .. I got a good chuckle from that line.

MasterTS
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Guess Gaudio was once king of clay just because he got lucky and won FO in 2004? Grimjack you need to evaulate these statements lol.. Even if Fed wins RG this year, he is no king of clay.

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Roger is a smart guy, i am sure he picks up things when he faces Nadal.We will see tomorrow if he learned things from the Roma final.I have to go with the favorite in Nadal but nothing surprises me with Roger, i will be rooting for him.

Breaker
06-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Guess Gaudio was once king of clay just because he got lucky and won FO in 2004? Grimjack you need to evaulate these statements lol.. Even if Fed wins RG this year, he is no king of clay.

2 Masters series finals+ a French Open title all on clay, beating the one who had previously won those said masters titles, Fed will be King of clay if he wins tomorrow. He has a ton of pressure on him, then again, so does Nadal coming in with the streak and as the favorite.

HollerOne5
06-10-2006, 02:54 PM
The 1 and 5 is meaningless. Nadal holds a 1-0 edge in matches that mean anything. Every match since then has been an exhibition, and thus both players were using that time to gauge the strengths and efficacies of different strategies.

That 1 match was in the semis last year at the French, and tomorrow we get to see whether Fed has closed the claycourt gap or even caught up.

The match tomorrow determines who is the greatest claycourt player in the world. The 59-or-whatever in a row are meaningless, just like Vilas's were. The only one that mattered was the title match at RG last year. Tomorrow, Nadal can make it 2 meaningful wins. Or Fed can add "King of Clay" to his other, more important title, "Best Player on the Planet."

I wish them both well, as long as neither one cheats. Though, since one usually does, I'm not holding my breath.

Wow, you really must be kidding or not know anything about tennis. To say that the last 2 finals in the master series events were merely exhibitions for both players is ridiculous. Its obvious that both players wanted to win, and the better player on those days won. Don't tell me that Federer was saving up anything for a grand slam final. No one purposely loses to players or doesn't give 100% in smaller tournaments weeks before a grand slam, just to save their best effort for a big match. Gosh, you should be banned for even saying something so stupid.

baros
06-10-2006, 03:06 PM
it will be a 4 seter and nadal will be 2 time champion.
________
Honda Ascot (motorcycle) specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Ascot_(motorcycle))

jhhachamp
06-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Wow, you really must be kidding or not know anything about tennis. To say that the last 2 finals in the master series events were merely exhibitions for both players is ridiculous. Its obvious that both players wanted to win, and the better player on those days won. Don't tell me that Federer was saving up anything for a grand slam final. No one purposely loses to players or doesn't give 100% in smaller tournaments weeks before a grand slam, just to save their best effort for a big match. Gosh, you should be banned for even saying something so stupid.

Work on your reading comprehension skills, buddy. You obviously did not understand what his post was saying in the least. He is right that those matches were almost meaningless to Federer and Nadal, but you just didn't catch his slight exaggeration. Grimjack is known for a little exaggeration from time to time. He never said that they did not give 100% in those matches or anything else you seem to be assuming that he said.

"Gosh, you should be banned for even saying something so stupid."

If you were talking to yourself when you said this, I would agree.

hoosierbr
06-10-2006, 05:33 PM
The weather in Paris tomorrow is going to be hot and sunny with a high of 88. Wind from SE at 5 to 10 mph. That should favor Roger as the warm weather will make the courts play a little quicker.

Both Federer and Nadal have looked human throughout the tournament. Had Nalbandian not gotten hurt I think he would have won in straight sets so Fed needs to take advantage of this opportunity.

Still, Nadal isn't off his game enough. He's young, fit and has to have the mental edge. It'll be a grind but I have to go with Rafa in five. But I want Roger to win!

edberg505
06-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Roger wins 13-11 in the fifth. Now Roger go out and make me a prophet.

bismark
06-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Nadal will win in 5.

FEDEXP
06-10-2006, 07:58 PM
"Both Federer and Nadal have looked human throughout the tournament. Had Nalbandian not gotten hurt I think he would have won in straight sets so Fed needs to take advantage of this opportunity".

Huh? Either you were watching a different match or you were smoking something...........

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Roger is due.Man, this would be another tough loss.:mad:

MasterTS
06-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Had Nalbandian not gotten hurt I think he would have won in straight sets so Fed needs to take advantage of this opportunity.

Agree.. Nalby woulda won 3-0 or 3-1 if he was not injured. Tough lose for him.

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Hush Fed haters, Roger woke up and was gonna buried Nalbandian in 4 sets.

fastdunn
06-10-2006, 08:35 PM
The match with Nalbandian puzzles me.
Did Federer really make an unreal turn-around in the middle
of 2nd set ? or Nalbandian just got injuried at that point ?

Only sign that showed me that Nalbandian's injury was that
he kinda served awkward and double-faulted to hand
the 2nd set over.

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, he started using the slice against Nalbandian and he was doing great.In the beginning he shanked alot of backhand errors.It was windy but i thought Roger would be use to the wind.

siber222000
06-10-2006, 09:16 PM
nadal won't win... geez...

jukka1970
06-10-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm rooting for Federer. I think Federer will win it but I think it'll go all 5 sets. I imagine Nadal will take the 1st set, then Federer will take the next two. Then the tough Nadal will take the 4th and Federer the 5th. This is just my prediction. Even if I get most of it wrong including the winner, I'll be shocked if Nadal doesn't take the 1st set.

John

cool_sport23
06-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Nadal in 4 sets.

The way nadal is playing federer wil be lucky to push it to a 5-setter.

hoosierbr
06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
"Both Federer and Nadal have looked human throughout the tournament. Had Nalbandian not gotten hurt I think he would have won in straight sets so Fed needs to take advantage of this opportunity".

Huh? Either you were watching a different match or you were smoking something...........

I was very sober and unless you were the one watching a different match it's hard to say that Federer would have won. When he finally held to make it 3-1 in the second is when Nalbandian got injured. Roger himself said in his post-match interview that had Nalbandian not gotten hurt and kept up his level he probably would have won.

From his interview:

Q. You took five games in a row, and then you won five games in a row. How do you explain the change?

ROGER FEDERER: It's difficult to explain. He was in control of the match, and I don't think it was expected that I would be able to turn the match around. But there's always a bit of change with him. He doesn't have the best serve, and I have tennis that enables me to break and to win my serve.

In the beginning, I wasn't serving very well. I wasn't in confidence from the baseline. But in the end, I was able to turn the match around in my favor, and this was very important because if he'd be leading two sets to love, he wouldn't have given up. So I'm very happy that I won the second set, because this was the key to the match.

fastdunn
06-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I think this is destined to be 5 set match.
I just can't imagine either of two losing 3 sets winning just
1 set (unless someone is getting injured).

federerhoogenbandfan
06-11-2006, 12:25 AM
I think it will be a 4-setter either way. The match will be over at about 12:20 ET.

Docalex007
06-11-2006, 12:45 AM
T-minus 5 hours and 16 minutes and counting. :)

Ivanišević
06-11-2006, 01:50 AM
almost 70%?
i can't belive how many fed fans are here..

MasterTS
06-11-2006, 08:19 AM
HAHHAHAHAHAH 3 straight sets like I said!

Robbie_1988
06-11-2006, 08:21 AM
What are you talking about? That was 4 sets you dill.

Breaker
06-11-2006, 08:22 AM
COUGHmatchresultspoilersCOUGH

Robbie_1988
06-11-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm a Fed Fan. It is quite disappointing but the better man on clay (Nadal) won. Congrats to him.

RadekStepanekTheKing
06-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Congrats Nadal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

shinta
06-11-2006, 08:25 AM
I think it will be a 4-setter either way. The match will be over at about 12:20 ET.

pretty nice prediction :)

MasterTS
06-11-2006, 08:27 AM
This is what you call a tease.. Nadal teased fed by giving him the first set. Probably did it because the ATP made him do it for TV. Than Nadal put fed back in his place as u saw in the 2nd set. Match was barely 3 hours lol.. im sure ATp wasnt happy it was over so fast, oh well. Fed still wishful.

TheSneakerologist
06-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Dude can you shutup? All your doing is bashing Fed when he still the best player in the world.

HyperHorse
06-11-2006, 08:34 AM
MasterTS, im sick of ur Fed bashing.
grow up and realise that Roger still has a few years still to win the French. he is a much more complete player than Sampras.. he actually grew up on clay unlike Pete...
and he has a better record @ Roland Garros.

bluescreen
06-11-2006, 08:34 AM
yeah really, its getting annoying. so what if nadal is the best clay courter, u act like federer is horrible on clay, but he's really the 2nd best on the surface. start giving him the credit he deserves.

dannyjjang
06-11-2006, 08:39 AM
MAsterTS you are the prophet!

MasterTS
06-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Notice how I only put 3 options..

Agree, Maybe, and Disagree.. because I knew it could go 3 but worse case possible is 4 sets, but I also knew Nadal would take it in straight sets.. Federer would have to sell his sole (shoe sole) to the devil to get a 5 set lose against Nadal at the FO finals.

Look at all the idiots who put "Disagree" hahahaha...

Yes I am a prophet.

Simon Cowell
06-11-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm going to predict 1-6, 6-1, 6-4, 7-6 (4) with Nadal being the winner.

hoosierbr
06-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Nice to see Stefan Edberg presenting the trophy today. He hardly ever makes any public appearances. Wonder if McEnroe saw him and tried to convince to play the Senior Tour for about the 100th time?! (Which would be great, especially if Sampras plays too one of these days!)