PDA

View Full Version : Andre playing Henman in the first round of Queens!!

RadekStepanekTheKing
06-10-2006, 10:46 AM
It could be interesting...

simi
06-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Ouch, for both. I was just looking at the Yahoo tennis gallery and there was an image of Tim. With all the French Open images, I thought, "what the heck is a picture of him doing there, now?" I opened the image to read the caption and it stated something to the effect that Henman expected a great grass court season because the pressure was off of him now. I'd be awful if he lost to Agassi in his first no-pressure grass match. Likewise, it will be awful for Andre to lose in his first comeback match. What a tough sport!

JayxTheKoolest
06-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Wow, what a terrible first round. I'd love to see Andre pull of a win though.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Henman will win in two close sets. It will be Andre's first on grass in awhile so he needed an easier first opponent to settle in.

RadekStepanekTheKing
06-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Henman will win in two close sets. It will be Andre's first on grass in awhile so he needed an easier first opponent to settle in.
we will see

a guy
06-10-2006, 01:53 PM
As if things couldn't get worse for Tim! :lol: really not a good draw for either player

Rhino
06-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Brilliant draw for us fans, bring it on!!!!

BaseLineBash
06-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Agassi hasn't played against Henman since 2000 and never on grass. This could be interesting...

superman1
06-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Henman's last and only win over Agassi was in 1998, not exactly Agassi's best year. He is now a shadow of his former self. He will be good target practice for Agassi.

J-man
06-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I say Aggasi will win it. If Aggasi can really get those groundies ticking he's good to go. But you can expect a slow start from Aggasi being his first tournment back in awhile

Moose Malloy
06-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Agassi helped helped bury the S&V game in the 90s(& that was when courts were faster)
I can't see Henman giving him any trouble on slow grass.

hoosierbr
06-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Bad draw for both guys - Andre coming back from a long layoff looking for anything positive to spur him on whereas Henman is finally healthy again but can't catch a break when it comes to draws. Not sure if this was done on purpose or not but I suspect the draw committee could have placed Henman against another seed - he's not a wildcard after all.

Makes me wonder how Wimbledon will treat him. His luck nowadays he'll draw Federer in the first round!

If Andre plays reasonably well he should be the favorite. The last time they played actually was last year at Kooyong, the pre-Aussie Open exhibition event. Henman won that but Andre was battling a hip injury.

The tennis guy
06-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Agassi helped helped bury the S&V game in the 90s(& that was when courts were faster)
I can't see Henman giving him any trouble on slow grass.

The only reason Agassi might lose is he hasn't played for such long time. Even with new firm grass, it is still slick the first day. If Agassi is match tough, he should beat Henman on firm grass right now.

Rhino
06-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Henman's last and only win over Agassi was in 1998, not exactly Agassi's best year. He is now a shadow of his former self. He will be good target practice for Agassi.
He beat him in Kooyong more recently than that, it's just not listed on the atp site, cos it has exhibition status but was pretty serious actually

superman1
06-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Well according to hoosier, Agassi was injured at the time.

hoosierbr
06-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Well according to hoosier, Agassi was injured at the time.

Andre retired from his semifinal against Roddick with a hip strain and there was some question as to whether he would play in Melbourne. He did and got to the QF where he lost to Federer in one of their more forgettable encounters.

Agassi asked Henman if he would agree to play so he could test his hip and get in some practice for the Aussie Open. Henman obliged and won.

RadekStepanekTheKing
06-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Head to Head

Henman 1-2 Agassi

2000 Miami
FL, U.S.A. Hard Q Agassi 7-5 1-6 7-6(10)

1998 Basel
Switzerland Hard F Henman 6-4 6-3 3-6 6-4

1998 Los Angeles
CA, U.S.A. Hard F Agassi 6-4 6-4