PDA

View Full Version : Ivo Karlovic - out of Queens!

Max G.
06-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Title says it all - Karlovic isn't in the main draw at queens!

He retired in the first round of his qualifying match, having won the first set 6-0 but down 4-2 in the second.

Not sure why he was playing qualies in the first place - maybe for the extra matches? But whatever his reasoning was, he's out now, citing a knee injury.

Anyone know any details about the injury? Is it serious?

J-man
06-10-2006, 04:15 PM
He obviusouly not ranked high enough that why he's playing qulafiactios. Not to get extra playing time. It's not GS remeber.

Anyhow to bad. He could have really done some damage. His serve must have gone down in the 2 set along with his injury. Since his serve is his main weapon.

Breaker
06-10-2006, 04:20 PM
He obviusouly not ranked high enough that why he's playing qulafiactios. Not to get extra playing time. It's not GS remeber.

Anyhow to bad. He could have really done some damage. His serve must have gone down in the 2 set along with his injury. Since his serve is his main weapon.

That certainly explains how Simon Greul, Wang, etc. got into the main draw without qualifying..

Karlovic probably could have won the title if he had gotten in, unfortunate for him.

Rob_C
06-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Karlovic is ranked 52 right now, the last direct acceptance for Queens was Bobby Reynolds at 111, so he was ranked high enough to get straight in. He probably was trying to get extra matches, like Gasquet did a couple of weeks ago. Guys will probably stop using that strategy now seeing that both Gasquet & Karlovic didnt make it out of qualies.

Ivanišević
06-11-2006, 02:30 AM
no, he forgot (!) to apply for the tournament on time..
that's what i read in newspapers today, his ranking was high enough to get straight in the main draw

croatian sensation
06-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Ivanišević is right...Karlovic is senile :-D

Too bad :-(

J-man
06-11-2006, 08:29 AM
no, he forgot (!) to apply for the tournament on time..
that's what i read in newspapers today, his ranking was high enough to get straight in the main drawOh he did?! That's to bad.

When you think about it Ivo K is quite vurnable to anyone. So playing qulaies isn't very smart. So I guess that explains it

Ivanišević
06-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh he did?! That's to bad.

When you think about it Ivo K is quite vurnable to anyone. So playing qulaies isn't very smart. So I guess that explains it
well, he's out of qualies.. he got injured and retired

Lleyton Hewitt
06-11-2006, 12:52 PM
they have to apply for the tournys? i thought they would get an invitation lol. Imagine Federer forgeting to apply for wimbledon...surely they would do something to stick him in

ivo#1fan
06-14-2006, 03:56 PM
So does anyone know, was it a serious injury? That would sure suck for Ivo if he has to miss the grass season. Having lost first round at Wimbledon last year he really stood to lift up his ranking. Seeing that despite winning a lot of clay court matches early on this year he still skipped the clay court masters series tournaments it looks like he was really trying to peak for Wimbledon.

J-man
06-14-2006, 04:21 PM
well, he's out of qualies.. he got injured and retiredYes I know