PDA

View Full Version : Iso-speed professional ?

sorkang724
07-06-2004, 06:45 PM
hi, i'm planning to try alot of strings.....have anyone ever hit with the Iso-speed professional in 17g ?....how does it play ....TW compare it to babolat syntronic brio and i like that string !

larrhall
07-06-2004, 08:53 PM
It's a unique string. It looks like a poly and is lousy to work with if you are stringing it. It will lose a great deal of tension early on. Most people judge the Isospeed to be a very powerful string, and I think it's because of the huge tension loss. I thought it gave very good bite to the ball and was very comfortable to play with.

I would string the Isospeed Pro 10% higher than your usual tension, or, if you want extra power just string it at normal tensions.

drummerboy
07-07-2004, 01:40 AM
Iplayed with this string for some time. I can say that it is a good string with very soft feel and as larhall said it has a lot of power. If you like that kind of sticks go for it. I switched to BB Original because Isospeed is not so durable and I had some control issues with it. My balls were spraying all around with Iso speed. You gotta be carefull with the string. But it is definitely worth a test drive.

larrhall
07-07-2004, 06:58 AM
Regards to Ljubjana, Drummerboy. The natural beauty in Slovenia is impressive, to say the least.

drummerboy
07-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Well I am actually like 70 km from Ljubljana but we have some real natural beauty here in Slovenia, but I am sure you have them a lot where you are from also larrhall. You been in Slovenia?

larrhall
07-07-2004, 07:57 AM
I knew I was missing a letter - it was an 'L.' Yes, it is pretty here, especially at the coast and in the mountains. Yes, many moons ago I was in Slovenia, during the Tito years.

NoBadMojo
07-08-2004, 11:08 AM
i think this is a good string for those that wish to play w. a dead string like alu but dont wish for all the shock. i dont think this string is powerful at all (when compared to gut or a powerful multi)..it does play soft for a poly however. the deal w. this string is you string it a little higher and after the initial tension loss, the tension is suppose to remain pretty constant. this string is soft and has feel and spins the ball well. ed