PDA

View Full Version : can safin get back to the top?

Bogie
06-10-2006, 07:27 PM
i want to very much say yes but at this point, i really cannot tell if that can happen. what do you guys think?

uno banana
06-10-2006, 07:29 PM
i sure hope so! safin has so much game, and is a really funny guy too :mrgreen:

slice bh compliment
06-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Maybe he on top, Maybe on bottom.
Depends on what his girlfriend prefers, no?

Well, he can, but everything would have to be just right for him six or seven matches in a row for him to take another Slam.

J-man
06-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Right now his confidence is at an time low. Personally I think he will become abit forgotten. I really do hope he can climb back to the top (at least top 20).

But his game isn't the same.

JayxTheKoolest
06-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Safin's my favorite player, but his mental game is horrible. He'll never get ot the top again. But he may win another major tourny.

armand
06-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I think he has a chronic knee injury. That coupled with his fragile mentality will keep him out of the top 10, imo.

uno banana
06-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Maybe he on top, Maybe on bottom.
Depends on what his girlfriend prefers, no?

:D
his gf is absolutely very pretty! i think they showed her more during the ao final than him :rolleyes: ......:cool:

oh yea if i had her i would probably suck at tennis too, would have no "mental" game...too much distraction!

federerhoogenbandfan
06-10-2006, 07:42 PM
He will probably win another slam or two, although possably never get back to the top 10, or possably be back in the top 5 for awhile before falling again and maybe returning to the top 5 a second time at some point before retiring. You never know with Safin, but the odds are of him having a huge moment out of nowhere, or two, just on sheer talent alone. Who knows if he puts together a consistent enough patch to have a top players ranking ever again.

ACE of Hearts
06-10-2006, 07:54 PM
What can we expect from Safin at wimbledon?I expect a 4th round exit.:rolleyes:

tennistensai
06-10-2006, 08:31 PM
its sad to see safin like this. I watched his semi-final match with Federer at AO and wonder if hell ever be like that again. I think the first thing he should do to get back to greatness is cut that long hair of his. The pony tail looks awful

yonex90
06-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Hard to tell if he will be able to get to finals again or not. I would say that he will never be in the top 10 again becuase he will not enter enough tournaments to be in the race. I think he and Hewitt are trying to get another grand slam. They both know what its like to be on top but in Safin's case he only has one grand slam and it was early in his career. Hewitt was playing great against Nadal. Easily the best play against him yet in the French open.

Ztalin
06-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Hard to tell if he will be able to get to finals again or not. I would say that he will never be in the top 10 again becuase he will not enter enough tournaments to be in the race. I think he and Hewitt are trying to get another grand slam. They both know what its like to be on top but in Safin's case he only has one grand slam and it was early in his career. Hewitt was playing great against Nadal. Easily the best play against him yet in the French open.

Safin has two grand slams...

Bogie
06-10-2006, 09:22 PM
the thing is that we, even this year saw some great safin matches such as in davis cup vs. gasquet and the two wins over davydenko earlier this year were great, but then he comes back and plays terriblely against someone like mathieu and makes everyone doubt his game and ability. he can definitely play with the big boys and win, even right now, but he can also lose badly to guys that he should have no trouble with.

verdasco67
06-11-2006, 01:30 AM
I think he has a chronic knee injury. That coupled with his fragile mentality will keep him out of the top 10, imo.

yeah...he does...i remember him saying that his kinee will bother him forever...something like that...

jackson vile
06-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I think that with Safin we may see an Adrea scienerio ie Has all the talent at a young age,but wrong mind, get's older right mind but the body is too old along with injurys.

Safin could be a legend if not the best, but he does not have the most important part of the game up to par with everything else, that is his mind set.

Needs to change a lot about how he thinks, reacts, ect

Turning Pro
06-11-2006, 10:26 AM
His knee injury is the only worry i'd have.

milo
06-11-2006, 10:43 AM
maybe he should stop just like hingis, but when he wants to get back he's too old....