PDA

View Full Version : Awful Barricade 4s... awful...

HyperHorse
06-11-2006, 03:25 AM
i recently tried on a pair of Barricade 4s on friday...
i must say i was BITTERLY dissapointed....
almost felt like wearing a pair of clogs...
such a stiff hard shoe, id have to break these in for 2 weeks before i could play with them...
couldnt feel the cushioning at all...
Reebok Match Day Pumps are so much better..
is it just me? how the hell can any of u wear this shoe?

Duzza
06-11-2006, 04:32 AM
You must be the only one...

HyperHorse
06-11-2006, 09:34 AM
oh come on, surely im not the only one..
just didnt conform as well to my feet...
and i just couldnt feel ANY cushioning, as where with
with the Barricade 3s, they felt like the perfect shoe..
there has to be someone out there that feels the same as me....
nice looking shoe, pity it feels like crap.

darkaug
06-11-2006, 09:41 AM
well there would surely be some people who dont find it good , because feet are all different , but i think MOST would find it nice . pity , its a good shoe though , maybe it just doesnt suit you

Richie Rich
06-11-2006, 09:42 AM
shoes, like people's feet, are pretty individual. what works for one person may not work for the other.

i've found the cushioning on the BIII to be just ok. breaks down after a while even though the shoe looks in good shape - adidas put all the effort into durability. it's a trade off. you can have a super soft shoe but it will last 2 months.

i live the yonex sht shoes and the asics gel enquist shoes. durable yet very comfy. and lighter than the BIII/BIV shoes as well. they don't last as long but i get 5 months out of them playing 3 times a week (8 hours/week)

nn
06-11-2006, 10:09 AM
i recently tried on a pair of Barricade 4s on friday...
i must say i was BITTERLY dissapointed....
almost felt like wearing a pair of clogs...
such a stiff hard shoe, id have to break these in for 2 weeks before i could play with them...
couldnt feel the cushioning at all...
Reebok Match Day Pumps are so much better..
is it just me? how the hell can any of u wear this shoe?
I am with you..100% true. I don't find any cushioning in B IV. I love RBK PUMPS and Yonex SHT 303 and best of best BF II..

HyperHorse
06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
so im pretty much the only person who feels this way about this shoe?

Roy
06-14-2006, 02:30 AM
I thought they were decent shoes.

If you're talking about no cushioning and discomfort, you're talking about the Babolat All Courts !!!

Topaz
06-14-2006, 05:10 PM
My problem with the IIIs is that they are so freakin' heavy. I love the stability, though...so that's the trade-off. I would go ahead and get a pair of IVs, only they are even heavier!

metsjets
06-14-2006, 06:18 PM
i bought the II's once because they were light. the switch to the 4's isn't noticeable...whatever. not every shoe can fit everybody's feet. too bad :\ it's a great shoe (besides the toe area...i'm starting to get blisters there)

LN_Dad
06-15-2006, 09:26 PM
so im pretty much the only person who feels this way about this shoe?
what kind of shoes do you currently wear or previously wore?

HyperHorse
06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
what kind of shoes do you currently wear or previously wore?

Nike Air Duration..
ive decided im going to get Reebok Match day pumps...
since i tried those on and they were a nice shoes...

brucie
06-16-2006, 12:00 AM

Possibly! Sure they are stiff at first Ive said that, but thats a sign of their durability, they are heavy sure that again proves how tough and strong they are.

You should have them for at least a year, i know mine will last this long playing everyday!

HyperHorse
06-16-2006, 05:58 AM
*bump*
id like more opinions.
i have a low arch, and i pronate...
why the hell did Adidas make a shoe like THIS??
its totally beyond me...

Gee
06-16-2006, 06:45 AM
The B4's are indeed very strong and supportive shoes and they suit well to my feet but I don't like the extra weight of these shoes.

I bought the B4 with an omni sole because my previous shoes Asics Gel Savage aren't stable enough however they are pretty light and comfortable. I am used to play on artifical grass (and sometimes on clay).

What other shoes than B4 should be a better choice for me?

brucie
06-16-2006, 06:52 AM
*bump*
id like more opinions.
i have a low arch, and i pronate...
why the hell did Adidas make a shoe like THIS??
its totally beyond me...

Yeah too be fair HyperH the 4s arch is higher your right and at first is not as comfy as the lower arches on 3s, i can see where you are coming from I agree at first the are stiff and they are large and relatively heavy but i see these as quialities of a good shoe!

couch
06-16-2006, 06:53 AM

No he's not. I wore mine for about 15 minutes during a practice and took them off and put on my old barricade IIs. Anyone want to buy a pair of 10.5's that are virtually brand new?

rasajadad
06-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Regarding B IV's- It seemed that they required some break-in according to the TW test, then they were fine. The II's and III's were fine right out of the box. For me the II's were a little tight in the toebox and gave me tennis toe, but lower to the court and light. The III's are heavier with more cushion. Both last a LOOOONG time. I run out of padding before I wear through the bottom. As III's are cheap, I'll stick with them. Plus, up here (in Vermont) I have to trust mail order as I can't try anything on because there are no stores close by.

LN_Dad
06-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Try the climacool feather then if you prefer a lighter and softer shoe.

BreakPoint
06-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Never mind.