PDA

View Full Version : Players at Queens (london) practising

BluDiamond
06-11-2006, 06:01 AM
I was at stella artois today watching the qualifiers (verdasco vs delic) and saw roddick, lopez, gonzalez, aggassi, henman, rusedski and johansson hitting. Greg beat gonzalez in a practice set (in the tie-break) .There was someone having a set vs rodddick who was american and looked similar to james black but used an 03 tour but had a two handed backhand. any idea who this could be?? i saw a chinese player hitting and his coach was using what looked like the ordinary federer ncode but inside the throat was bright yellow!! I saw verdasco and sat next to feliciano lopez in their match, verdasco is amazing. has anyone got a video of him?? his forehand is sooo cool and the racket head speed is reeli good. If you have any questions about who woz there etc. or if u know the specs on verdascos racket or if u know about the ncode with yellow just post it please!! thanks

RadekStepanekTheKing
06-11-2006, 08:23 AM
So you saw Andre and Henman. Who do you think is going to win tomorrow??

subtleskeptics
06-11-2006, 08:40 AM
There was someone having a set vs rodddick who was american and looked similar to james black but used an 03 tour but had a two handed backhand. any idea who this could be??

Did you say James Black?

Return_Ace
06-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Did you say James Black?

ahhaahahahhhahahahaa

tnig469
06-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Did you say James Black?

..........that is great

BluDiamond
06-11-2006, 11:23 AM
yeh mistake sorry peeps (nd james)

BluDiamond
06-11-2006, 11:25 AM
i dnt think it woz james though, he had a two-hander vs roddick.
btw i think andre will win 2moz, he woz using an instinct btw.
i also saw sum player with double hander both sides playin robin vik. the two hander used a prestige but it woz definitely a paint job, any ideas who this could be??

chiru
06-11-2006, 11:48 AM
lol thats such a good freudian slip. james black.

Lleyton Hewitt
06-11-2006, 11:48 AM
That 'chinese player' u saw is not chinese lol. He is thai hes called 'something' Udomchoke i think. I remember him because he pld Nadal in the FO and he used a wilson n-code. Did u see the next Wimbledon Champion practising? Lleyton Hewitt?

blake's fan
06-11-2006, 11:53 AM
yeh mistake sorry peeps (nd james)
haha:DI really liked that-James Black!If you see him there tell me,I won't have the opportunity:(

cmb
06-11-2006, 12:09 PM
There was someone having a set vs rodddick who was american and looked similar to james black but used an 03 tour but had a two handed backhand. any idea who this could be??

Phillip Simmonds

thomas martinez
06-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Yup, who's father had been grooming him to be a star since he was 4 or 5 years old. When I was playing juniors, at around 14 or, Philip's father had him playing with us big boys. He was able to handle out pace and spins back then no problem, now look at him. He actually remembered me when I ran into him at the cafeteria at the US Open this past year. He's taller than I am now, when he was playing with us, he was a small fry, not even 5' tall. His father was a pretty damn good player in his own right as well. Hard to believe he hails from the small town of Setauket NY and started out with a Wilson Hammer 25(gold and black model early 90s)

BluDiamond
06-11-2006, 12:27 PM
the chinese player is from chinese tipee of something, he uses a flexpoint instinct and do u think agassi will use an instinct vs henman?? what racket do u think the chinese guy's coach had??

BluDiamond
06-11-2006, 12:30 PM
no btw it wsnt phillip simmonds, the player i saw looked alsmost identical to blake but was a bit smaller, same hairstyle, complexion etc. used a prince o3 tour i of which had silver parts on side (probs led tape). i'm sure it wasnt blake cos he had a two handed backhand. he definitely sounded american when he woz talking to roddick

cmb
06-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Damn I am trying to think of another half-breed american then, hmm do not know about this guy

hoosierbr
06-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I would say Scoville Jenkins but didn't he play a Challenger in California this week? Donald Young perhaps? Is he playing juniors?

lum
06-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Maybe it was Thomas Blake, James' brother?

Lleyton Hewitt
06-11-2006, 02:10 PM
maybe u saw james hitting the ball against the wall not with a player

christo
06-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Damn I am trying to think of another half-breed american then, hmm do not know about this guy
Half Breed American ? What is this , a John Wayne movie?

J-man
06-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Maybe it was Thomas Blake, James' brother?Maybe. But I didn't think Thomas was into shaving his hair

Fee
06-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Thomas Blake is about 6 inches taller than James, and much thinner.

Scoey plays with a Babolat (unless he just changed) and wears Reebok clothes. Most recent photo I saw of him he still had hair. He played Queens qaulies over the weekend.

It sounds to me like Philip Simmonds as well, he has a Prince contract and wears K-Swiss clothes. Can't think of anyone else...

Lee
06-11-2006, 06:04 PM
i saw a chinese player hitting and his coach was using what looked like the ordinary federer ncode but inside the throat was bright yellow!!

There are two possibilities: Jimmy Wang or Rendy Lu. Jimmy uses a babolat and Rendy uses Head Instinct. I guess you saw Rendy because he uses a yellow racket.

J-man
06-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Thomas Blake is about 6 inches taller than James, and much thinner.

Scoey plays with a Babolat (unless he just changed) and wears Reebok clothes. Most recent photo I saw of him he still had hair. He played Queens qaulies over the weekend.

It sounds to me like Philip Simmonds as well, he has a Prince contract and wears K-Swiss clothes. Can't think of anyone else...No offense but by the way this guy has been seeing I'd go with Simmonds

Serve_n_volley
06-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I think the guy you saw was either Thomas Blake (James's brother) or it was just James (playing around with a two handed backhand) or it was Robby Ginepri and he got really tanned down in London.

By the Way: What Clothes and Shoes was Roddick wearing? And do you have any video at all?

Serve_n_volley
06-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Roddick practiced Sunday with Paul Golstein, I just read on AndyRoddick.com. ---He doesnt look like James Blake?

BluDiamond
06-12-2006, 12:03 PM
roddick woz wearing all white babolat shoes

BluDiamond
06-12-2006, 12:03 PM
btw couldn't have been ginepri i saw him hitting with another dude