atac
06-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Nadal>>>>>>Federer. NO DOUBT about it
I hope people realize that by now.

bloody911
06-11-2006, 01:26 PM

Nadal is better than Fed on clay, but on hard court and grass Nadal isnt. Just 2 wins over Fed on hard court doesn't mean anything. Plus, Nadal has NO chance of winning on Grass and a slim chance on hard court, while Fed has a GREAT chance on Grass and a Good chance on Hard, and an average chance on Clay.

Plus Fed has more grandslams, and eventually more than Sampras, even if Fed doesn't win the French.

And i'am not even a Federer fan.

Eviscerator
06-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Federer>>>>>>Sampras. NO DOUBT about it

Both posts deserve :roll:

Rhino
06-11-2006, 01:30 PM
bloody911s posts>>>>>>atacs posts. NO DOUBT about it
I hope people realize that by now

Melissa
06-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Nadal is better than Fed on clay, but on hard court and grass Nadal isnt. Just 2 wins over Fed on hard court doesn't mean anything. Plus, Nadal has NO chance of winning on Grass and a slim chance on hard court, while Fed has a GREAT chance on Grass and a Good chance on Hard, and an average chance on Clay.

Plus Fed has more grandslams, and eventually more than Sampras, even if Fed doesn't win the French.

And i'am not even a Federer fan.~GiGGle~GiGGle~

JackRabbit
06-11-2006, 01:33 PM
You do realize that Sampras never even reached the finals of RG, let alone being the second best clay courter of his time? Now, I'm as big a Sampras fan as the next guy, but this thread is ridiculous.

bloody911
06-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Nadal is too chicken to play on grass and when he does, he isn't good enough to reach the finals of any grass tournament to play Federer. Nadal usually loses in the 1st or 2nd round before Fed gets a chance to whip him. Thats why Nadal has a winning record against Fed.

Rhino
06-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Nadal is too chicken to play on grass and when he does, he isn't good enough to reach the finals of any grass tournament to play Federer. Nadal usually loses in the 1st or 2nd round before Fed gets a chance to whip him. Thats why Nadal has a winning record against Fed.
agreed.
Nadals game isn't good enough to earn a match against Fed on grass.
Fed's game is consistantly good enough to earn a match against Rafa on clay.
Hence, head-to-head favours Nadal.

jackson vile
06-11-2006, 01:41 PM

:rolleyes:

federerhoogenbandfan
06-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Nadal is 2-1 vs Federer on hard courts though, and the only win Roger had was with a horrable line call in the middle of the 3rd set or he would have lost 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 which would have made it 3-0. I am a Federer fan but I am not blind to reality. For now Roger will probably dominate the fast court events to end the year like Wimbledon, probably the U.S Open(although Nadal might have a shot there, depends on the surface this year), and probably the year-end Masters but even on a fairly neutral surface Nadal has the head to head edge, but luckily for Roger he is more consistent beating everyone else.

bloody911
06-11-2006, 01:44 PM
:rolleyes:
The truth hurts.

yo_3133
06-11-2006, 02:00 PM
For now Roger will probably dominate the fast court events to end the year like Wimbledon, probably the U.S Open(although Nadal might have a shot there, depends on the surface this year), .
or it depends of wether blake is in his side of the draw:mrgreen:

federerhoogenbandfan
06-11-2006, 02:02 PM
or it depends of wether blake is in his side of the draw:mrgreen:

It makes no difference at Wimbledon, there are tons of people to take Nadal out, and if Federer played him in the final he would slaughter him. At the U.S Open there are also people other then Blake, he has lost to Moya and Clement on hard courts slower then the U.S Open this year.

ACE of Hearts
06-11-2006, 02:03 PM
The U.S Open plays too fast, no way Nadal will be in the final.Anyone wanna make a bet?:)

oscar_2424
06-11-2006, 02:05 PM

yeah it shows you arent a fed fan trying to impose that FED is better than sampras, let everybody have their own opinions

bloody911
06-11-2006, 02:15 PM
yeah it shows you arent a fed fan trying to impose that FED is better than sampras, let everybody have their own opinions
I know, i am not a Fed fan because my favorite player is JCF(Juan Carlos Ferrero).

Robbie_1988
06-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Eh i'm a Fedfan. I'd love to see Roger thrash Nadal in all their future encounters. But I think Nadal is a problem for Roger that has not and probably won't be so easily solved.

I think Nadal as becoming a serious threat to Roger. After all he's beaten Roger on FRIKKIN HARD COURTS lately. So yeah. I think tennis is a little bit of a game of scissors, paper, rock. I mean Roger is better than Blake, who is better than Nadal who is better than Roger.

Methinks Roger's weaker side (backhand) complements Nadal's strength perfectly. As if this hasn't been mentioned before but Nadal's high top spin bouncing crosscourt forehand game played against Roger's backhand gives Nadal a great advantage over Federer. But then again I wonder why Blake isn't having the same problems against Nadal.

Eh. I'm going to hope Roger figures it out.

superman1
06-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Federer just beats himself when he plays Nadal. There's no way lefty topspin is the reason for his backhand problems. We saw in Rome that he can handle that spin perfectly well. It's all mental. Nadal hops around, Federer slouches over, Nadal screams during every shot, Federer is silent. Nadal has the winning record, Federer is the one with all the pressure. It all gets in Fed's head.