PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PC or Babolat PC Zylon 360?

zesty-man
07-07-2004, 12:30 AM
i was just wondering, for all of you PC users, which do you prefer, the PC or the PC Zylon 360, and why? I havent gotten the chance to demo the babolat PC for myself, but i have tried the Babolat PC Zylon 360, and i have to admit, i dont really like it all that much. it has a really weird feeling to it, it may be the stings, or tension, or just the wrong racquet for me.

alan-n
07-07-2004, 02:56 AM
I have the the PC Zylon. I demoed a few sticks (Regular PC, Wilson Pro Staff 95) before settling on the PC Zylon. Having experience various strings and tension, the Babolat woofer system is extemely sensitive to string tensions and which string you use. When I demoed raquets I kept this in mind.... it was the swing dynamics I payed more attention to. The feel of the raquet has more to do with the string and tension than anything. I have mine strung at 58lbs, Bow Brand Natural Gut and have another PC zylon on order.

jdoubleu75
07-07-2004, 05:39 AM
i have a month old pc standard 1/2 with a 3 pack tour bag....if u go with pc standard...f.s. cheap....my pure control is strung at 58 and hits well

zesty-man
07-07-2004, 10:04 AM
hmmmm, i guess its split 1/1. my coach was telling me that it was a good idea that i tried out the control bceause i have a lot of "natural power". i was hitting pretty good with him, until he wore me out :(.

ronin
07-08-2004, 01:02 AM
If you didn't like to PC Zylon the chances that you will like the
PC team isn't high. sure they have a lot in common but the Zylon has more power !

I purchased the PC team 4 3/8 with Gosen basic synth. gut @57lbs
without demoing it first (but I did played before with the PD) and
for a month I couldn't get used to the stick, until now, and I still
think the Woofer sucks( I can't control the power and I'm going to string it higher)

alan-n
07-08-2004, 03:19 AM
I'll partially agree about the woofer system. Its does have its plus and minuses. I found that within the "optimal" tension range for the woofer system and I lose too much control. Stringing the raquet 3 or more lbs above the max rating to reduce the trampoline effect while still retaining the soft feel of the raquet works best for me. I can swing all day and not get sore and this raquet has all the characterictics I wanted.

Make no mistake babolat raquets and the woofer system is not for everyone, then again no raquet is.

zesty-man
07-08-2004, 10:07 PM
well, today i returned the demo of the PC zylon 360, and got to try out the PC. what i thought of it was very nice. i hit the best forehands of my life.... i mean, it was like a could get more topspin on the ball, but at the same time, control the amount of spin. it was good, because i could swing out, and if i generated enough topspin, it would land pretty deep by the baseline. when i tried doing that with the Zylon, it would just fly out.

it feels almost as if the PC and the PC zylon have two differnet feels. one feels really dense when i hit, but the other feels more loose. personally, id rather take the loose, because like i said, i can get more topspin, but oddly enough, i still retain pretty good control of where the ball is going.

now the next question.......... should i get the PC, or the PC+...? the other racket that i was using was the Babalot pure drive oversize (which i grew out of, because i started generating a lot more power when i started lifting weights). which would you guys recommend i get? the place where im getting these demos from only offers the PC for demo, and not the PC+, so that puts at a major fork in the road... thanks

alan-n
07-09-2004, 09:07 AM
The Zylon, despite what the ratings say does feel like a stiffer frame when you hit it. Serves aren't it strongest points but like any racquet, if you will usually find yourself adjusting your technique and form to accomodate the qualities of the racquets. I ended up adding 10grams of weight at the 3 and 9 o'clock for additional service and ground stroke power. These raquets demand powerful soft/elastic strings such as gut or high quality multis strung up at high tension ranges and its a match made in heaven.

zesty-man
07-09-2004, 10:26 AM
hmmm, how about technifiber? thanks for the help