PDA

View Full Version : More Grass Court events in a year?

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-11-2006, 07:32 PM
who thinks their should be more grasscourt events in a year? The grass court season is less than a month, while the clay court season rungs longer than two full months. I think they should maybe add another grasscourt masters event, while keeping the clay court master events but maybe taking away a lesser one event, such as the US mens clay court championships.

oscar_2424
06-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Not a bad idea

federerhoogenbandfan
06-11-2006, 07:52 PM
There should be two Masters events on grass, and two on clay. Grass should be atleast the equal of clay, Wimbledon is atleast as big an event as the French Open after all. So much clay court tennis is boring.

rrhstennis
06-11-2006, 10:30 PM
There should be two Masters events on grass, and two on clay. Grass should be atleast the equal of clay, Wimbledon is atleast as big an event as the French Open after all. So much clay court tennis is boring.

While I like clay court as well and wouldn't exactly call it boring, I think they should convert just a couple tournaments for it into grass, then it would closer to equal. A lot of people don't like slower clay courts, and some don't like the fast grass ones, so a roughly equal amount would be great with the hard courts for the happy medium. Indoor, well since there's not a slam for it.. probably just a few a year is good.

You know, this would probably never happen, but if it did, Nadal's fans would be mighty ****ed! :)

(Please note Fed and Nadal are niether my favorite players, no flames! :))

Andres
06-11-2006, 10:33 PM
GRASS GRADD GRAFF GRASS GRADD GRAFF!!!
We WANT GRASS!! We WANT GRASS!! We WANT GRASS!!

GRASSSSSSS!!!!

MTChong
06-11-2006, 10:35 PM

Man, Wimbledon is bigger an event than the French :)

I call for some more grass matches, maybe less clay, and less matches overall because it's such a grind.

K!ck5w3rvE
06-12-2006, 03:14 AM
The clay court and hardcourt seasons dominate the season...hardcourts for the Aussie summer, then onto clay for a few months, then a massive hardcourt season after wimbledon....just before the indoors and end of season masters. You could lose a few on clay, hard etc to make the grass season 2-3 weeks longer.

mislav
06-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Heck, why not? We need an Amsterdam grass event - Coffee Shop Open! :mrgreen:

croatian sensation
06-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Heck, why not? We need an Amsterdam grass event - Coffee Shop Open! :mrgreen:

LOL now that would slow things down on grass :mrgreen:

Grass, grass!!!

I just saw 2 games of Rusedski-Dupuis....ahh short points, volleying...how I missed that :-)