PDA

View Full Version : Short Clip Of Nadal Playing On Grass

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-11-2006, 08:03 PM
this is a short clip of Nadal playing on grass at the 2005 Gerry Weber Open, with Wimbledon coming up this might give you guys a taste of how he will play at Wimbledon, then you can make your own judgements about it.
Well, here it is : http://projects.evisco.com/gerryweber/2005_gwo/s_stream/2005-06-08_ga_nadal_waske_de_dsl.wvx

Enjoy;)

VamosRafa
06-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Well, yes, he had two days to adjust from winning Roland Garros and then adjusting to grass before the match you are showing.

He did beat Ancic and Childs to advance to the third round of Wimbledon when he was 17 - but he didn't play any clay going into that.

So who knows? Maybe he'll be better able to make the adjustment this time around. He's only played 6 professional matches on grass before.

But then again, when does the Tour move off grass? About 3 weeks from now?

He wants to do well on it, but if he doesn't, well there's always July to recover. ;-)

Count Grishnackh
06-11-2006, 08:10 PM
here's a little look into the US Open final if they meet up again. For all the clay court stories, here's some whooping on hard court at the expense of you darling Fed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHlQDh-PVo&search=nadal%20federer

superman1
06-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Federer did most of the whooping in the Dubai final, from my recollection. Too bad he lost.

snoflewis
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
here's a little look into the US Open final if they meet up again. For all the clay court stories, here's some whooping on hard court at the expense of you darling Fed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHlQDh-PVo&search=nadal%20federer

that clip is so rigged. how many winners did you see federer hit in that video clip? zero. but of course, if it was aired in switzerland...it wouldve been the other way around.

Viper
06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Wow in the first video I saw better points than on today's final!

federerhoogenbandfan
06-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, yes, he had two days to adjust from winning Roland Garros and then adjusting to grass before the match you are showing.

The same is going to be true this year as he is playing the weak after the Sunday final of Roland Garros.

HyperHorse
06-11-2006, 10:01 PM
the clip doesnt even work... it starts playing, then the point starts then it just FREEZES....
GGGGRRRR!!!!!

federerhoogenbandfan
06-11-2006, 10:21 PM
the clip doesnt even work... it starts playing, then the point starts then it just FREEZES....
GGGGRRRR!!!!!

It worked for me. :cool:

HollerOne5
06-12-2006, 12:41 AM
The same is going to be true this year as he is playing the weak after the Sunday final of Roland Garros.

Does anyone else think its idiotic for him to play Queens? Why would you schedule a tournament for a couple of days later, knowing you are going to need more time to adjust to grass, and also knowing you are most likely going to go deep into the French Open and possibly be playing on the final Sunday?

J-man
06-12-2006, 03:15 AM
The whole tournment is just for practice. He (Nadal) knows he isn't going to win the title. He just wants the practice. Plus Federer isn't there

AndrewD
06-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Does anyone else think its idiotic for him to play Queens? Why would you schedule a tournament for a couple of days later, knowing you are going to need more time to adjust to grass, and also knowing you are most likely going to go deep into the French Open and possibly be playing on the final Sunday?

As J-man says, it's just for practise. Even if he gets knocked out in the first round it gives him a chance to see the ball coming through at a different height and pace, get a bit more comfortable with his footing on grass and just ease into the different atmosphere. Playing an actual tournament will speed up the adjustment period far more so than just hitting or playing sets with your coach/hitting partner/etc

rrhstennis
06-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Nice videos, they were as multidimensional as Nadal's game. ;)

Andres
06-12-2006, 07:22 AM
that clip is so rigged. how many winners did you see federer hit in that video clip? zero. but of course, if it was aired in switzerland...it wouldve been the other way around.
That's true...

Btw, the video wasn't aired in Spain. The broadcast is from Argentina, and the guy who uploaded the video isn't Spaniard either :)

ksbh
06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
WOW! I didn't realize he could play that well on hard courts. As someone else said, it's a video of just Nadal's winning points but yet his play is not bad at all.

shawn1122
06-12-2006, 11:32 AM
You'd be a lot more amazed by the winners Federer hit in the first set of that match. I guess he couldn't keep it up.

TurbeauxTiger
06-12-2006, 05:12 PM
does anyone think that maybe nadal has too muh of a psychological effect on federer for him to be effective against nadal. i mean i know tha fed will win against nadal some but do you think that now its going to be that much ahrder since nadal is whopping him?