PDA

View Full Version : Anyone uses Adidas RUNNING shirts for tennis in hot/humid weather?

Ripper
06-12-2006, 06:03 AM
Go to an Adidas store and compare, side by side, their Running shirts besides their Tennis shirts; the Running shirts are much lighter and much more ventilated. Why is this? You can sweat as much in tennis as in running.

Douggo
06-12-2006, 06:14 AM
I tend to buy running shirts in general. It increases your potential choices, and usually it's easier to find good deals.
I'd love to have somebody tell me what makes a tennis shirt better for tennis.

Ripper
06-13-2006, 07:41 AM
I tend to buy running shirts in general. It increases your potential choices, and usually it's easier to find good deals.
I'd love to have somebody tell me what makes a tennis shirt better for tennis.

You would think the difference between a running shirt and a tennis shirt would be in the sleeve area or where the sleeve connects to the main part of the shirt. I say this, because, in tennis you need to be able to, freely, move your arm/s. However, many would argue that, in running, it's kind of necessary to be able to, feely, move your arms, too. Anyway, I haven't seen a difference in this area. As I mentioned in my previous post, the difference is in the weight of the material and the ventilation; running shirts are lighter and more ventilated. At least, this is the case with Adidas. In hot and humid places, these running shirts would be better than the tennis ones. I'll buy one and see for myself. Thanks, Douggo.

Topaz
06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I run and play tennis, and I try to make sure any apparel I buy can be used for both. Adidas is my favorite brand for that, and I play tennis in some running stuff, and run in some tennis stuff! For that price, it better do double duty.

Also, most running and tennis stuff has seams stitched for no chafing, so I wouldn't think there's any difference there. Biggest difference is probably just the marketing ploy to sucker us into buying even more!

Ripper
06-15-2006, 05:14 AM
...most running and tennis stuff has seams stitched for no chafing, so I wouldn't think there's any difference there. Biggest difference is probably just the marketing ploy...

Exactly!

PS: What's "chafing"?

Douggo
06-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Seriously?
That's the rash-like owie you get when the seams rub back and forth on your skin for hours.

Ripper
06-15-2006, 07:09 AM
Seriously?

Yes, English is not my native tongue.

That's the rash-like owie you get when the seams rub back and forth on your skin for hours.

mctennis
07-11-2006, 04:06 PM
I hated my micro mesh shorts. They felt like I was wearing a plastic bag. I only use cotton shorts now. Never had any problems with cotton.