PDA

View Full Version : BUTT CAP lose....

guitarplayer
03-03-2004, 01:59 PM
My Head Radical Tour's butt cap is lose and I can feel it move. How do I fix it? Thanks

john cheng
03-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Remove grip, use staple gun to fasten buttcap. Also you may want to use double sided tape between buttcap and handle for more security. Hope this helps.
John

Steve Huff
03-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Also, I use packing tape to help secure the butt cap. Packing tape doesn't have much, if any, give. I've actually used it without the staples, and it has done the trick. I'd still staple it too though.

@wright
03-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Here's what I've done with 100% success:

Take off the butt cap, wrap some electrical tape around the end of the handle, enough so the butt cap barely fits back on. Next, put the butt cap back on(it should fit very snug), and wrap some more electrical tape around the top of the butt cap to secure it further. You can staple it back if you wish, but I didn't bother and it still held it in place just fine. Put grip back on.

rich s
03-04-2004, 03:25 AM
Remove the grip and re-staple it. Tape might do the trick for a while but when it starts getting hot out there is the potential for the adhesive on the tape to get soft and slimy and the butt cap begin to slide. Also you are not increasing the size of the buttcap any.

Anonymous
03-04-2004, 06:42 PM
I've had good luck with Liquid Nails perfect GLUE 2 that bonds plastic with plastic. Although perhaps a more permanent solution than you'd prefer, it will also keep you from having to feel tacks through your grip. Sometimes when I have the pro shop re-tack my butt cap, the butt cap is now at an angle, probably from the force of the tacker. With this glue, it is easier to set your butt cap straight, and it takes about a minute to set. No clamping or mixing required, just press on all sides of the butt cap (where the glue is) while it is setting. Only costs a few bucks at The Home Depot, so you can experiment on an old frame instead of paying a few bucks per at the pro shop for re-tacking.