PDA

View Full Version : Why Federer loses to Nadal

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
I think Federer can't match Nadal's intensity--mentally or athletically and that intimidates him. The intimidation then causes Federer to choke and go out of the game plan he needs to win which is coming into the net.

I also think that Federer lets his ego get the best of him when he plays Nadal. Federer tries to prove to Nadal that his backhand is not vulnerable so he continues to hit topspin even when it's not working; he also let's his ego get the best of him when he tries to beat Nadal at Nadal's own baseline bashing game. It's reminiscent of Becker trying to battle Agassi from the baseline rather than play his natural serve-and-volley game.

crosscourt
06-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Hmmm...I think Nadal beats Federer because Federer doesn't have a secure enough backhand against Nadal's high bouncing backhands and serves.

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
06-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Heirgo slicing more. His grip isn't extreme enough to handle the high ball on the backhand side and hit it back with both good topspin and depth.

tennis-n-sc
06-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Nadal beats Fed because he is a better clay court player. Now the real fun begins.

127mph
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
because rafa has federers number i will be arrogant like others and think that rafa will win wimbledon and the us open.

The Pusher Terminator
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Nadal beats Fed because he is a better clay court player. Now the real fun begins.
yeah the US Open....ON HARD COURTS...NADAL 2 AND FED VERY VERY BARELY 1.......VAMOS!!!!!!!!!

sandiegotennisboy
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
i thought it was just the backhand....

mileslong
06-12-2006, 07:15 PM
yeah the US Open....ON HARD COURTS...NADAL 2 AND FED VERY VERY BARELY 1.......VAMOS!!!!!!!!!
written while laying in bed on his stomach, wearing capris, with his feet crossed, wearing bobby socks kicked up behind him in the air dreamily staring at nadals picture on his wall above his bed...

tennis-n-sc
06-13-2006, 05:11 AM
written while laying in bed on his stomach, wearing capris, with his feet crossed, wearing bobby socks kicked up behind him in the air dreamily staring at nadals picture on his wall above his bed...

LOL. Yep. Nadal's time in the sun for this year is about over.

Rhino
06-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Federer lets his ego get the best of him when he plays Nadal.

I think for the first time this will not be the case because Fed is the overwhelming underdog more than ever before.