PDA

View Full Version : What is The Rush people??!

Grigollif1
06-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Some people seems to lose their perspective on the whole just because of circunstancial things. We just had almost 2 months on the Red clay = 3 Master series events in a roll, leading to a Grand Slam event in Roland Garros...
All of that in Federer least favorite surface clay. Of course, Nadal would come out with an advantage... Let's try to put it into perspective Federer has 7035 Points in the total Rankings. Nadal has almost half of that with 4545!
Imagine if we had 2 Months in the Grass (Federer's Fav) + 3 Master Series events in a roll ? Nadal would not be even in the picture problably.
The only place where we are going to have a more neutral perspective on their matches is in the Hardcourts tournaments.

SO LET'S NOT RUSHED INTO CONCLUSIONS AND WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST THE END OF THE YEAR, BECAUSE NADAL MAY HAVE WON THIS BATTLE BUT THE WAR IS FAR FROM OVER...;)

dmastous
06-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Imagine if we had 2 Months in the Grass (Federer's Fav) + 3 Master Series events in a roll ? Nadal would not be even in the picture problably.
The only place where we are going to have a more neutral perspective on their matches is in the Hardcourts tournaments.
Sounds very much like the picture before the clay court season began.
Of course the Nadalites would point to his injury and say he hadn't been playing enough. True enough.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see where the rankings are after the US Open.

156MPHserve
06-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Funny how I heard the same thing last year. Federer would dominate Nadal on hardcourts.

Who won the last 2 hardcourt meetings?

Then everyone counted out Nadal on Euro Indoor Hard courts against Ivan Ljubicic and he proved us wrong again.

I wouldn't be suprised if Nadal wins the USO over Fed this year if he's able to steer clear of my man James Blake.

Grigollif1
06-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Sounds very much like the picture before the clay court season began.
Of course the Nadalites would point to his injury and say he hadn't been playing enough. True enough.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see where the rankings are after the US Open.

Exactly, believe it or not After this 2 motnhs on the red Clay. Even with Nadal Winning all these events, the Lead Fed had in the rankings actually increased over Nadal. Roger made a lot more point in this clay season compared to his last one and Nadal only defended his Points. So there you have it..

exruda
06-12-2006, 04:15 PM

one went to Nadal, and one went to Fed :) :) :)

dmastous
06-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Funny how I heard the same thing last year. Federer would dominate Nadal on hardcourts.

Then everyone counted out Nadal on Euro Indoor Hard courts against Ivan Ljubicic and he proved us wrong again.

I wouldn't be suprised if Nadal wins the USO over Fed this year if he's able to steer clear of my man James Blake.
Nobody's saying....
Correct that.
I'm not saying :mrgreen: that Federer will dominate Nadal on hard courts or carpet. I'm just saying let's see the standings after the hard court season. If Nadal continues to gain ground as the US Open approaches and wins the US Open then we should give him his props and maybe even call him #1.

Dan

Grigollif1
06-12-2006, 04:25 PM

Well, easy now... Nadal and Federer have played 3 times on Hardcourts.

1 2004 Miami : (Not making this up) Roger was really sick going into that match, Ibelieved he had a tough cold. Nadal won that match

2. 2005 Miami : Federer won, after losing 2 sets.

3. 2006 Dubai : Nadal won , after being crushed in the first set.

So, I would say we had so far 2 real meeting on hardcourts, with one victory each. I'm not saying that Nadal will go away, I'm just saying not to rush into conlcusion just because of a strong clay season... There some people talking about Nadal being the true number already! come on...

127mph
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
yea, is nadal gonna be in the finals of montreal, and cincinati and us open this summer?

RiosTheGenius
06-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Some people seems to lose their perspective on the whole just because of circunstancial things. We just had almost 2 months on the Red clay = 3 Master series events in a roll, leading to a Grand Slam event in Roland Garros...
All of that in Federer least favorite surface clay. Of course, Nadal would come out with an advantage... Let's try to put it into perspective Federer has 7035 Points in the total Rankings. Nadal has almost half of that with 4545!

SO LET'S NOT RUSHED INTO CONCLUSIONS AND WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST THE END OF THE YEAR, BECAUSE NADAL MAY HAVE WON THIS BATTLE BUT THE WAR IS FAR FROM OVER...;)
these are the same lunatics who were going crazy when Roddick won the US open and people were wondering how long he would be #1 dadada... they don't understand that the #1 is not the outcome of one tournament but the performance of a player in 52 weeks.

framebreaker
06-12-2006, 07:10 PM

??????????????????
Nadal as injured for months this year!!

framebreaker
06-12-2006, 07:12 PM
??????????????????
i mean "was"

Grigollif1
06-12-2006, 07:26 PM
??????????????????

That is fine.. It doesn't have to do with the point I'm making. What I'm saying is the long clay season is over. It is not that surprising that Nadal did really good , but let's not rush into extreme conlcusions because of that, after all there are 4 different surfaces out there and the year is made of 52 weeks...