PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic Crazy Shot between the legs

Serve_n_volley
06-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I hear that In the fourth round match (Novak Djokovic vs. Gael Monfils), the ball hit the let cord as Monfils was running for a forehand so he was forced to it it between the legs, and the ball landed short, so Djokovic basically saying "right back at you" Hit a winner through the legs *** well. (when he could have just hit a forehand). Did anyone see this point or have any video of it. I really want to see it because I've only heard that it happened.

JayxTheKoolest
06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I heard of that, but I have no idea where to/I'm too lazy to find a vid.

ShcMad
06-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I hear that In the fourth round match (Novak Djokovic vs. Gael Monfils), the ball hit the let cord as Monfils was running for a forehand so he was forced to it it between the legs, and the ball landed short, so Djokovic basically saying "right back at you" Hit a winner through the legs *** well. (when he could have just hit a forehand). Did anyone see this point or have any video of it. I really want to see it because I've only heard that it happened.

I saw that shot you're talking about. But, I'm about 60% sure that Djokovic didn't hit it "in-between the legs." At least, it didn't look like it from slow-mo replay. From the normal camera view, it did look like he hit a tweener, but from a side angle, oddly, it didn't look like it. Nevertheless, the whole point was fancy as heck.

mJeez4293
06-12-2006, 05:34 PM
yea a video would be nice

BluDiamond
06-13-2006, 07:09 AM
sum1 get a vid please

Serve_n_volley
06-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Ive been looking and the only video I could find was the day 9 highlights on the roland garros website, but i cant get it to work, if anyone has a video please post a link.

exruda
06-13-2006, 07:52 AM
I saw it live and from what I recall Djokovic did try to hit the shot between his legs when he could have hit a normal forehand perfectly well, and he screwed it so it was no winner.

edit: I checked and the day 9 highlights video does not have this shot featured.

Andres
06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Both tried between the leg shots, only Djokovic's was wrong!!
I mean, great, he wants to please the crowd, but he lost the point! A normal common forehand dropshot would've done the job just fine :)