PDA

View Full Version : Does Federer fear nadal

MasterTS
06-12-2006, 06:07 PM
We know there's an intimidation factor when most players play Federer. Even the mighty Hewitt, when you look into his eyes, you can see fear when he plays federer!

But does the hunter fear too? Is nadal fed hunter? Since Fed has been hunted now 4 straight times this year, I think he's scared. He's scared off his as$s!!!

VamosRafa
06-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I think Nadal worries him. On grass, Rafa won't give him any worries at all. On other surfaces, yes. That's what we've seen so far anyway.

sandiegotennisboy
06-12-2006, 08:00 PM
do you really need to take a poll on this? the answer is pretty obvious.

whats up with your hunter analogy? i know nadal looks like a beast but sheesh.

malakas
06-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Yes of course..He suffers from Nadalophobia..:rolleyes:

MasterTS
06-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Yes of course..He suffers from Nadalophobia..:rolleyes:

Nice one!

theace21
06-12-2006, 08:42 PM
He sure looks like it on clay...

Andres
06-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes. Federer FEARS Nadal...

J-man
06-13-2006, 03:40 AM
I don't think Federer is scared of Nadal. But Nadal sure worries him. He's probably thinking about a possible match up between them in a GS. But the metnal aspect ofr Federer isn't so great

blake's fan
06-13-2006, 04:21 AM
It's sure that Federer fears(at least it should be like that on clay).When Federer is playing against Nadal he must be aware all the time because realizes that the only person who can beat him now is exactly Nadal!

JayxTheKoolest
06-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Fed has the talent to beat Nadal, but not the mentality.

tomahawk
06-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Kind of a ridiculous question. If you ask this, then you'd have to ask something like does Pete Sampras fear Paul Annacone (0-1)?

Count Grishnackh
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Kind of a ridiculous question. If you ask this, then you'd have to ask something like does Pete Sampras fear Paul Annacone (0-1)?

Paul Annacone doesn't have 2 slam titles and didn't beat Pete 6 out of seven times.

Gilgamesh
06-14-2006, 05:50 AM
A lot of people are intimidated when they square off against Nadal on clay. When you have a 60 clay winning streak staring you down on the other end of course you will be intimidated.

But I don't think Fed fears Nadal. I do think however that Nadal is in Fed's head in the sense that Fed gets frustrated when he faces Nadal. He makes so many errors against him he wouldn't normally make. Which is not surprising really considering Nadal's style is almost perfectly suited to beating Federer's strengths and just about everybody else on clay. Other players should learn from Nadal but of course who else can play that type of physical style? Nadal is unique. I have never seen a player play kryptonite so good against a world's #1 before. It will be interesting if their rivalry on clay can extend to other surfaces. Nadal has an edge on Federer on hardcourt but I would like to see a larger sample than 3 matches to determine who really has the edge on who on that surface. Hopefully they will match up in the AO and U.S. Open.