PDA

View Full Version : quick n-code six one 95 review

danix
07-07-2004, 01:28 PM
This has to be quick while I am at work.
I tested this out for about 1/2 hour.
Overall I liked the frame. Compared to my current stick, a Volkl Tour 10 midplus, it had a little more pop.

Compared to my previous HyperPS 6.1, it was a lot more comfortable and felt heavier too. I weighed the racquet, strung, at 12.2 oz (12.3 with the supplied damper). Beefy :)

Compared to my Volkl, here's the scorecard:
Serves: Wilson. A lot more power.
Groundstrokes: Tie. Backhand felt more powerful, forehand more powerful too but I could not generate as much spin as with the Volkl. Slice shots were not as controllable.
Volleys: Wilson. Crisper, more power.

The intanglible is feel - slice backhands and volleys did not feel as nice with the Wilson.

Overall, if I didn't know a VEngine 10 midplus was coming, I would likely be switching to the Wilson.

The other factor here is string - I noticed after the fact that the Wilson was strung with a cheapo nylon string, which probably didn't help the feel. I will likely retest again soon.

jayserinos99
07-07-2004, 02:00 PM
let us know how that turns out. i use a T10 MP as well and would like a more detailed description with another string.

WilsonPSSurgeX
07-10-2004, 07:01 AM
im switching from a dunlop 300g to the wilson ncode 95 i have demoed the diablo, NXG, LM prestige, surge x, and a couple other racquets and they dont even compare to this racquet.