PDA

View Full Version : Going to Rome,Georgia: Need a stringer

jax11213
06-14-2006, 06:20 PM
I am travelling to Rome,Georgia for the weekend and was wondering if there are any stringers in the area. Also, are there any good tennis shops that would sell string to me?
Any other juniors going this weekend to Rome for the 16's Southern Closed?

Z-Man
06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
There's a tennis shop not far from the public courts downtown. It's on a side street across from the levee. You could also try the Coosa Country Club's pro shop. They have a pro shop at the public courts, so you can most likely just get it done there. It's a nice hardcourt facility. Good luck...

Just Sports
296 W 3rd St SW # B, Rome, GA
(706) 291-0752

jax11213
06-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks Z,
Unfortunately I didn't get your message in time. I got my racquets strung at the Rome Floyd Tennis Center, they did an alright job. I gotta tell you though, I like Downtown Rome a little with all the restaurants, but that is about it. I gotta say that my four days in that hell hole were miserable. The whole town is literally crap. Just one bad experience after another.

Z-Man
06-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Sorry you didn't like Rome. I agree that the downtown is the best part, and there are some things that aren't all that great. There are a few nice new hotels, but the rest of them are crappy, and there are a lot of courts, but they are spread out around town, so it's easy to get lost. I've played a few state tournaments there and had to deal with the crappy hotels and spread out courts. I went to boarding school there at Darlington. It's a great school and has some nice facilities.

slice bh compliment
06-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Ahhh, Rome. The eternal city.
Don't they have a good stringer's room at the Foro Italico?
Can't believe you felt that place was a hell hole outside of the downtown area. The Spanish Steps, the Coliseum, Il Duomo, Vaticano...
Man, better luck next time.;)

Anyway, dude, how did the tournament go? 4 days, so you must have gone a few rounds.

heycal
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
duplicate post.

heycal
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Ahhh, Rome. The eternal city.
Don't they have a good stringer's room at the Foro Italico?
Can't believe you felt that place was a hell hole outside of the downtown area. The Spanish Steps, the Coliseum, Il Duomo, Vaticano...
Man, better luck next time.;)

Man, I loved this post...

Z-Man
06-23-2006, 06:06 AM
If Rome didn't do it for you, maybe you'll like Athens.

jax11213
06-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Tournament wen't all right. It is the biggest tournament I have ever played in as only 20 players from my state get to go each year. I won my first two main draw matches each time in three sets but then my luck ran out when I lost my next two matches. The reason I was there so long is that they were playing one match a day! I couldn't believe they were only scheduling one match a day.