PDA

View Full Version : Queen's says: Henman is back, his time has come!!

Mattle
06-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Have you all watched Queen's? Henman is playing his very best. His back pain has stopped and he's now ready to climb the ATP ladder once again. I do believe his chances for reaching a good result at wimbledon are the biggest ever. He's even playing better than he did the year he reached the semifinals in wimbledon.

His serves are working again, his forehand one of the best on carpet and grass mixed with his tactical skill and volleyes are making exceptional grass tennis!

Please, take your time off and watch him in the fourth round!!!

ACE of Hearts
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Tursunov will beat Henman.:lol:

Breaker
06-15-2006, 12:25 PM
I'd be pretty disappointed if he drew Federer/Roddick first round at Wimby.

simi
06-15-2006, 12:29 PM
The Tennis Channel showed an old Davis Cup match between Tim and Todd Martin from 1999. The fourth rubber of the first round. They looked so "youthfull" back then. Good match between two S&V guys.

I hope Tim comes through tomorrow.

- - - - -

By the way, TTC will be showing the fifth rubber of that Davis Cup tie tonight. Between Jim Courier and Greg Rusedski. I won't give the spoiler, in case someone doesn't know and wants to watch it, but will say that it went five sets.

Mattle
06-15-2006, 12:34 PM
I'd be pretty disappointed if he drew Federer/Roddick first round at Wimby.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Some people say that he will be a "floater" at wimbledon, due to his low ranking. Others say, that he might get seeded, since he has shown good results in the tournament earlier and because he's Tim Henman, they know what he's capable of and what he wants. Also because of the tragic british story "Henman & wimbledon". he has the will more than everyone else

Shabazza
06-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Tursunov will beat Henman.:lol:
I believe in Henman, if he can beat Dima. ;)
But to be honest, I don't see Henman doing a "Goran" this year....

simi
06-15-2006, 12:46 PM
...I don't see Henman doing a "Goran" this year....

Can you imagine how "crazy" Great Britian will become if he even comes close?

Moose Malloy
06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
By the way, TTC will be showing the fifth rubber of that Davis Cup tie tonight. Between Jim Courier and Greg Rusedski. I won't give the spoiler, in case someone doesn't know and wants to watch it, but will say that it went five sets.

lol

HollerOne5
06-15-2006, 12:51 PM
I hope he draws Federer first round and knocks him out. I'm sick of Wimbledon being so predictable and knowing Federer will most likely win. Whats the point in even watching?

simi
06-15-2006, 12:53 PM
I hope he draws Federer first round and knocks him out. I'm sick of Wimbledon being so predictable and knowing Federer will most likely win. Whats the point in even watching?

Guess you'll be watching the Tour de France instead. Wide open this year since Armstrong isn't riding anymore.

Moose Malloy
06-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Perhaps, perhaps not. Some people say that he will be a "floater" at wimbledon, due to his low ranking. Others say, that he might get seeded, since he has shown good results in the tournament earlier and because he's Tim Henman, they know what he's capable of and what he wants.

They only seed top 32. Him being unseeded could make for some interesting early rounds.

Mattle
06-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Guess you'll be watching the Tour de France instead. Wide open this year since Armstrong isn't riding anymore.

HAhah.. as if.. Ivan Basso --> CSC ---> Denmark ... wins the tour :D

Mattle
06-15-2006, 01:03 PM

It's not. Not anymore. Take a look at the matches at queens and you will see how strong Grass players we will c at this year's wimbledon (henman, monfils, even nadal!!)

Taram_Nifas
06-15-2006, 01:05 PM
This is the Year! Henmania!!!

Shabazza
06-15-2006, 01:06 PM
HAhah.. as if.. Ivan Basso --> CSC ---> Denmark ... wins the tour :D
If he can keep his form from "Giro", he is the clear favorite.

Shabazza
06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
This is the Year! Henmania!!!
This sentence rings in my ear for 8 years now....

simi
06-15-2006, 01:10 PM
If he can keep his form from "Giro", he is the clear favorite.

Course is suited to Ullrich this year. He's had poor form recently, but is coming on strong. It's either this year, or he should just retire.

Mattle
06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Course is suited to Ullrich this year. He's had poor form recently, but is coming on strong. It's either this year, or he should just retire.

Okay, this will be my last Cycling comment for now:P,

Ullrich has nothing to do against Basso. He's is way too strong and focused. Beside, Basso has worked very hard with Bjarne Ris, he's in a very good shape.

simi
06-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Okay, this will be my last Cycling comment for now:P

Agreed. July 1st in Strasbourg. See you then.

Good cycling forum. No trolls.
http://bicyclegroup.com/forum/index.php

edberg505
06-15-2006, 02:07 PM

The same could be said about Nadal and the French Open.

Feņa14
06-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Can you imagine how "crazy" Great Britian will become if he even comes close?

You can bet your house on it. I'd be going mad if he got far or beat a decent seed in the first few rounds.

He has been playing really well so far this week. Vintage Henman is the best way to describe it.

For me he is the best player to watch on grass. Most of the other great grass court players have massive serves and let everything else revolve around that. Henman just slices or kicks out wide and comes in and plays the best looking volleys you have seen since Edberg, with the exception of Rafter.

His game is just orgasmic on ones eyes, best of look to him tomorrow against his nemesis, my alarm is set already :)

Viper
06-15-2006, 02:44 PM
I would love to see an unpredictable Wimbledon final...

Henman vs. Rusedski

That would pwn all Wimby matches :)

siber222000
06-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Perhaps, perhaps not. Some people say that he will be a "floater" at wimbledon, due to his low ranking. Others say, that he might get seeded, since he has shown good results in the tournament earlier and because he's Tim Henman, they know what he's capable of and what he wants. Also because of the tragic british story "Henman & wimbledon". he has the will more than everyone else
might get seeded huh.. if he does ill be surprised

Feņa14
06-15-2006, 03:52 PM

I thought they had to put the top 32 players as seeds, but they can move them around. Like they could put Nadal as 32 seed if they wanted, but they couldn't put the 33rd ranked player in a seeded position?

Might be wrong though, thought I heard them say it on TV earlier this week.

Amone
06-15-2006, 04:19 PM
I thought they had to put the top 32 players as seeds, but they can move them around. Like they could put Nadal as 32 seed if they wanted, but they couldn't put the 33rd ranked player in a seeded position?

Might be wrong though, thought I heard them say it on TV earlier this week.
But the confusing part to me was, why was Nadal no. 2 seed for the French?? He's far and away the best player in the world on clay, and he's beaten the no. 1 seed every time they met on the dirt. It just confuses me...

Viper
06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
But the confusing part to me was, why was Nadal no. 2 seed for the French?? He's far and away the best player in the world on clay, and he's beaten the no. 1 seed every time they met on the dirt. It just confuses me...

Because he was the no. 2 player in the world.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-15-2006, 06:10 PM
yeah, Tim is playing amazing tennis since he doesn't s&v after every serve anymore. Instead he plays a baseline oriented game with the occasional S&v, and its doing him good.

Feņa14
06-15-2006, 06:20 PM

It's only Wimbledon who tinker around with seedings, if Roland Garros did it I suppose they would of had to of made Nadal top seed, imagine how Roger would of taken that!

siber222000
06-15-2006, 07:28 PM
probably becuz they gave hope to federer of winning french open.. or ranking lol dunno

Mike Danger
06-15-2006, 09:03 PM
this Hen is gonna lay some eggs...

Roy
06-15-2006, 10:43 PM
It'll be tough for him to come back, but I hope he can !

Shabazza
06-16-2006, 12:09 AM
It's only Wimbledon who tinker around with seedings, if Roland Garros did it I suppose they would of had to of made Nadal top seed, imagine how Roger would of taken that!
Yes, Wimbledon is the only GS that takes past results of players on it's surface into account when doing the seeds!
Wimbledon has his own seeding system, which consider the results on grass for each player the last 2-3 years to give them bonus points - nonetheless, these bonus points won't help Roddick to get a 2nd seed, cause his entry points are way to low to top Nadal as a 2nd seed. I would be surprised, if Federer and Nadal won't be the 1st and 2nd seed!
They don't just switch their seeds randomly it's simple math nothing more.

brucie
06-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Henman is a hero, spoken by a Brit!
But he is playing worthy of top 10 status again
Vamos! Hes got to beat Tursonov.
I was going mad in the Aggassi match, so this one should be crazier

Mattle
06-16-2006, 12:26 AM

The experts say so.

Mattle
06-16-2006, 12:28 AM
yeah, Tim is playing amazing tennis since he doesn't s&v after every serve anymore. Instead he plays a baseline oriented game with the occasional S&v, and its doing him good.

It's not only that.. I agree with you, but Tim still rules S&V right after serving.. HIs pain in the back has gone away = better serves, better movement --> better game

Fischer76
06-16-2006, 07:08 AM
It's not only that.. I agree with you, but Tim still rules S&V right after serving.. HIs pain in the back has gone away = better serves, better movement --> better game

Tim is one great volleyer and S&V is what puts butter in his bread. It's good that he is healthy and playing well. But I'm quite sure that if he loses, his back pains will be back again.

Rabbit
06-16-2006, 07:25 AM
Problem with Henman is he can play like a superman at Wimbledon. He can go all the way to the semis without dropping a set. And then, it hits him. He's playing in the semis at Wimbledon. He folds like a tent.

jaggy
06-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Cmon Tim!!!

Viper
06-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Problem with Henman is he can play like a superman at Wimbledon. He can go all the way to the semis without dropping a set. And then, it hits him. He's playing in the semis at Wimbledon. He folds like a tent.

Exactly.

Mattle
06-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Exactly.

Not this time... I feel something different about Henman this time.

JayxTheKoolest
06-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I doubt he'll be able to pull off a win in the semis or finals.