PDA

View Full Version : Barricade II endurance is unbelievable

netman
06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm sure this has been posted a hundred times already, but I have to say the Barricades are one tough pair of shoes. I play 2-3 times a week and use to take the toes out of regular shoes in less than a month. I switched to Nike's endurance shoes 10 years ago and was happy to get 4-5 months out of a pair before the toe wore through.

I bought a pair of B IIs over 9 months ago and I have still not worn through the sole anywhere. 2-4 matches a week on hard courts and these things are still going strong. I know what I'm buying from now on. Buy last year's model for a disccount and the return on investment can not be beat. Big ups to Adidas for delivering on their promises.

-k-

oscar_2424
06-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Barricade II rocks!

emcee
06-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Barricade II's took me a year to wear out!

A3's started to wear in a matter of weeks though, so not all Adidases are super durable. But you can trust Barricades. Thinking about getting a pair of B4's myself.

tursafinov
06-15-2006, 04:18 PM
I'l admit i wore Nike when i started playing years ago...but that all changed.
when I felt the snug glove-like fit that I had only read about for more than 6 monthes I was sold. I am having some arch and knee problems now (probably a result of still growing) and where the Black/silver/white ones all the time, whether in jeans or shorts. There is a reason that after 3 and 4 were released you still find them everywhere. If it isn't broken don't fix it.
BII's for LIFE

BiGGieStuFF
06-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Everything about the shoe is durable. I actually wore out the sole before the rest of the shoe though. The shoe looks barely worn on the outside unless you flip them over and you'll see the wear and tear. It's mostly on the outside edge of the foot. The rear where the heel is still good to go a few more miles. I just don't want to take any chances with my knees and legs at my age. I like the BII's because they are lighter too but I think they may be more psychological then physical.

KFwinds
06-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I still have a pair of BII's that are 5 YRS OLD - haven't worn out the sole yet. I do rotate several pairs of shoes (I have 3 pair of BII's alone plus a couple pair of BIII's), but my oldest ones are still kickin'. Best shoe I've ever had by a long shot, and I used to wear Nike.

goober
06-15-2006, 09:32 PM
BIIs soles last a long time, but the cushioning does not. I usually replace the insoles at least once.

KFwinds
06-16-2006, 01:41 PM
BIIs soles last a long time, but the cushioning does not. I usually replace the insoles at least once.

You are right; I should probably clarify that my 5 yr old pair of BII's are also on their 3rd set of insoles. Still very comfy - the uppers on these are SO soft now. As long as I'm not slipping or rolling an ankle I'm gonna wear these 'till they fall apart!

brucie
06-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Barricade is most durable! full stop!

3's lasted like a year i still wear em a year maybe 2 on but by now hioles in soles i dont care and i have virtually new 4's for matches etc.

DANMAN
06-19-2006, 08:30 PM
I think it depends a lot on how you move. I wore a pair of Barricade II's out in less than a month and a pair of BFIIs lasted me almost 5. It used to take me longer to wear out the II's when they first came out.

jayserinos99
06-19-2006, 11:14 PM
You are right; I should probably clarify that my 5 yr old pair of BII's are also on their 3rd set of insoles. Still very comfy - the uppers on these are SO soft now. As long as I'm not slipping or rolling an ankle I'm gonna wear these 'till they fall apart!

KF, what insoles are you using in your B2's? The cushioning in my B2's need to be replaced and I would like some opinions on what insoles to get. Thanks!

GuyPerez
06-20-2006, 06:14 AM
I bought BII's in May and have worn them out in the same place as I do all shoes I have tried so far.

The location is on the left foot on the inside (medial) part of the outsole essentially where the big toe knuckle is (but more toward the ground).

The problem is sliding. When I slide for an open stanced forehand or slide for a 1 HBH, the left foot drags in that spot. Even the mighty BII could not handle it.

Anyone have suggestions for a shoe that is heavily protected in that area?

Guy

hagais
06-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Is the Barricade 4 as durable as the Barricade 2?

KFwinds
06-20-2006, 06:59 AM
KF, what insoles are you using in your B2's? The cushioning in my B2's need to be replaced and I would like some opinions on what insoles to get. Thanks!

That's actually funny, I am currently "borrowing" the insoles from another pair of BII's! The second pair were SoftSole insoles, and I didn't like them as much because they made the shoes heavier. I am on the lookout for some suitable replacements, and will post if I find some.

raftermania
06-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey BII fans, is there much of an arch in there? I prefer a flat-footed insole.

jayserinos99
06-20-2006, 08:52 AM
^ Being flatfooted, I noticed there's some arch in the B2 but it's not at the point of being in pain. I prefer some arch as opposed to a really flat one; my last shoe was the Breathe Free II and I thought that had a very low arch as my arches were in pain after every hitting session.

10sstringman
06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
B2s rock. The only thing that they don't do well is breathe. A little more ventilation in the right spots would be nice.

DANMAN
06-20-2006, 02:04 PM
B2s rock. The only thing that they don't do well is breathe. A little more ventilation in the right spots would be nice.

Yeah I wore mine for a match last Wed. and they are still wet from sweat. They hold water and get really heavy.

snoflewis
06-20-2006, 02:57 PM
too bad they don't come w/ warranty anymore....