PDA

View Full Version : LM radical + ALU power

pchoi04
07-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Right now I'm using ALU power on my LM Radical MP at 60lbs and I feel like its a bit powerful but I think going up any higher would be to hard on my arm. As of now its a little tough on my rist sometimes but its not that bad. I was wondering if I put syn gut in the crosses if it will soften it up a bit?

TwistServe
07-07-2004, 11:37 PM
It will soften up but go with some soft multifilament will make a bigger difference. 60lbs on ALU power seems ouchhh...

K!ck5w3rvE
07-08-2004, 04:03 AM
If your arm is ok at 60 you should be right, but stringing Alu at 60 is a waste, it would just be so stiff you wouldn't be able to get anything out of it. Alu plays better at lower tensions,,,,,,Gonzalez uses it at 44-48psi.

predrag
07-08-2004, 07:20 AM
Right now I'm using ALU power on my LM Radical MP at 60lbs and I feel like its a bit powerful but I think going up any higher would be to hard on my arm. As of now its a little tough on my rist sometimes but its not that bad. I was wondering if I put syn gut in the crosses if it will soften it up a bit?

If you feel that it is the string what is causing you any problems in your joints,
CUT THE STRING OUT.

Do not take any chances, since you might be suffering for a loooooong time.

I had that kind of experience with Timo. It was little tough, but not that bad. UNTIL my elbow flared up.
Go for a really soft string until you have ho soreness anymore.

Regards, Predrag

pchoi04
07-08-2004, 09:05 PM
well... i have to racquets... one with syn gut so when i feel like its to much i just use my other racquet...

Stormwolf
07-08-2004, 09:56 PM
When I had my LM Radical MP i had it strung with ALU Power at 56lbs. It wasn't bad, but I switched to babolat for a number of reasons. The LM with ALU can get rough on the shoulder. I recommend a lower tensio or a more arm-friendly string.