PDA

View Full Version : FED is slipper. So much for the great!

MasterTS
06-16-2006, 11:50 AM
In 3 matches this week, fed has played 6 Tiebreakers. He's lucky to still be in the tournament. So much for the dominate fed we saw last wimbledon. My prediction.. he doesnt even make it to 2nd week of wimble.!!!

No way can he be compared to Sampras now... not after what we saw this week!

Snooker
06-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Wake up man!!
Sampras also struggled a lot in minor tournaments at his prime. What's the point you are making here??? Fed will be back on top in Wimby.

lacoster
06-16-2006, 11:59 AM

A win is a win at the end of the day, and in tennis you only have to win the final point of the match....I don't recall Sampras being on the verge of breaking Borg's grass court win-streak.
________
K PLATFORM (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_K_platform)

MsPiggy
06-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Another anti-Fed thread for the Fed-haters on this board to feel happy about now that clay court season is OVAHH! Go Roger, this is your season!

quest01
06-16-2006, 12:06 PM
I do agree that Sampras is the best player on grass, but to say that is just plain stupid. The only person that gets in the way of Federer on grass in the last few years is Roddick. Federer is the best when it comes down the big points, his mental game is superb.

grizzly4life
06-16-2006, 12:07 PM
My prediction.. he doesnt even make it to 2nd week of wimble.!!!

you want to put $$$$$ on that???.... yeah, i didn't think so.

exruda
06-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Sampras also struggled a lot in minor tournaments at his prime. What's the point you are making here??? Fed will be back on top in Wimby.

Agreed.
Sampras at Queens:
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/playeractivity/default.asp?year=0&query=Singles&selTournament=311&player=S402&x=15&y=10

(in short: two wins and one final in 12 appearances)
and yet he won wimblrdon 7 times :)

Ripper
06-16-2006, 12:14 PM
I read an article, not long ago, saying how Sampras would worry about holding his serve and not so much about breaking, more than once. He would make an effort to do that one break, when he saw the chance. If that chance did not present itself, he would be more than happy to go to the tiebreakers, where he knew he had greater chances than anyone, because of his serve. Sampras was never about crushing his opponents. A win is a win... IS A WIN...

Moose Malloy
06-16-2006, 12:17 PM
The only reason Fed is struggling is that he is exhausted. No FO finalist has won a grasscourt event the week after the French since Mac in '84. Most don't even play prior to W. I think Fed should be resting this week.

oscar_2424
06-16-2006, 12:41 PM
The only reason Fed is struggling is that he is exhausted. No FO finalist has won a grasscourt event the week after the French since Mac in '84. Most don't even play prior to W. I think Fed should be resting this week.
I agree wit h you

prince
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM

Good point .

Oh and master TS is a moron....

devila
06-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Mental midgets and physical weaklings roll over and bow down to FedBore.
None of the top 20 players have done anythng, compared to the top players in the 1980s and 1990s.
Nalbandian and the coach-less Roddick dumped serve immediately.
Emotionally and physically unfit. Roddick, Gasquet and Berdych are so scared by the media hype. Davydenko froze and bricked volley after volley as he had 6 set points against Federer.
Ljubicic, the ugly wimp, couldn't keep a straight face. LOL!
They predicted Fed'd win every tournament that Nadal won.

How embarrassing this joke tennis era is.

Rochus had 4 match points in Halle. He choked as much as the pretzel-allergic idiot George Bush and that clown qualifier Hartfield in the French Open!!!!

dh003i
06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
lol, this is hillarious.

Face it, this is grass-court time. Federer owns all now.

Prepare for fed to be holding the Wimby winner trophy again.

Hey, I'm rooting for Nadal to get as far as he can get before he faces Fed in Wimbledon. That way, Federer will wipe him out on grass.

jukka1970
06-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Federer definitely had lots of tiebreakers, but you're leaving out the important thing, he won. Even saving match points against him.

And you're right he can't be compared to Sampras now, because Federer has now made a finals at the French Open, and Sampras never did. Don't worry, won't be long before Sampras gets booted from his throne.

John

In 3 matches this week, fed has played 6 Tiebreakers. He's lucky to still be in the tournament. So much for the dominate fed we saw last wimbledon. My prediction.. he doesnt even make it to 2nd week of wimble.!!!

oscar_2424
06-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Don't worry, won't be long before Sampras gets booted from his throne.
John
It wont happen

jukka1970
06-16-2006, 01:51 PM
MasterTS must mean Master of Telling Stories after that prediction.

JayxTheKoolest
06-16-2006, 02:50 PM

You're right! If Fed lets his oppenents win a few games, there's no way he'll ever win Wimbleton.

c_zimma
06-16-2006, 03:05 PM

Yes, because we all know Sampras never lost a game, let alone a set. Like said above, a win is a win and you are a moron.

fastdunn
06-16-2006, 05:11 PM

Yeas, it's going to take its toll on his body in someway, IMHO.
Federer is displaying he is very stubborn fella last a few months.
Maybe he is getting over-confident as his girl-friend once said...

I'm really amazed how he got to the finals of almost all tournaments
he entered during last 2 years or so.

I think time will come and he'll need to rest between slams
and peaking at the right time, a la Sampras.

Fischer76
06-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Mental midgets and physical weaklings roll over and bow down to FedBore.
None of the top 20 players have done anythng, compared to the top players in the 1980s and 1990s.
Nalbandian and the coach-less Roddick dumped serve immediately.
Emotionally and physically unfit. Roddick, Gasquet and Berdych are so scared by the media hype. Davydenko froze and bricked volley after volley as he had 6 set points against Federer.
Ljubicic, the ugly wimp, couldn't keep a straight face. LOL!
They predicted Fed'd win every tournament that Nadal won.

How embarrassing this joke tennis era is.

Rochus had 4 match points in Halle. He choked as much as the pretzel-allergic idiot George Bush and that clown qualifier Hartfield in the French Open!!!!

These are some of the reasons Federer would always win any tournament he enters. Aside from the clay or hard courts where Nadal would pose as a challenge(as Nadal is not scared of him). This is also the reason why I believe Fed would surpass 15 GS or more.

Rhino
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
You're right he has surpassed any Sampras comparisons after his RG final, and he's now out in front.
Nice observation.
I can't believe I even reply to this *****.

fastdunn
06-17-2006, 12:58 AM
These are some of the reasons Federer would always win any tournament he enters. Aside from the clay or hard courts where Nadal would pose as a challenge(as Nadal is not scared of him). This is also the reason why I believe Fed would surpass 15 GS or more.

Well, if he continues to maintain current level for more than 3 years,
he will surpass 15 slams. Or if he does better than now, it would take
less than 3 years from now.

I'd be already surprised big time if he continues to win 2 or more slams
in 2007 without pacing himself.

In fact, if he wins 2 or more slams this year, that would something really
sepcial already. 2 or more slams for 3 straight years.

But I think Federer plays like there's no tomorrow.
He might be spending too much energy in non-slam tournaments.

Sometime soon in the future, he's going to have to pace himself
a little bit more,..IMHO, if he is normal human being.

Shaolin
06-17-2006, 07:15 AM
MasterTS must mean Master of Telling Stories after that prediction.

I thought it was Master of Trolling and Stupidity...

Shabazza
06-17-2006, 07:47 AM
I thought it was Master of Trolling and Stupidity...
No way, this title belongs to devila!
He's merely a servant...

MasterTS
06-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Another TB for Federer. He cant keep this up. He's goin down down down at wimbledon!

jukka1970
06-18-2006, 07:11 PM
It wont happen
Process has already started with his appearance in the finals in the French Open, so sorry, it will happen

jukka1970
06-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Another TB for Federer. He cant keep this up. He's goin down down down at wimbledon!

Well lets just see how intelligent you post is. Federer won the tournament even after all his tie breakers that he played in. He is the first player in History to win this tournament 4 times in a row according to his official website (Which of course means Sampras has not done this). That win also gave him his 41st straight win on Grass to tie Borg's record also from his official website.

Yeah he's really slipping, not. Seems like every time you open your mouth Federer comes through with doing something that Sampras was unable to do. If he wins this years Wimbledon he will have tied Sampras record of 4 in a row.

Chang
06-23-2006, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=MasterTS]In 3 matches this week, fed has played 6 Tiebreakers. He's lucky to still be in the tournament. So much for the dominate fed we saw last wimbledon. My prediction.. he doesnt even make it to 2nd week of wimble.!!!

1st of all. Winning tie-breakers is not easy to do because both players face a lot of pressure as they have gotten so far and they don't want to lose a set, Fed should be respected for coming through. It's a hard thing to do, especially saving match points.

2nd. Fed's obviously fatigued physically and mentally. He's just played the French Open, and getting over being beaten by Nadal. Give the guy a break. Nobody's perfect.

3rd.How can you predict that Fed won't make the 2nd week of Wimby. Do you think somebody like Fed will not learn from his mistakes?

Rickson
06-23-2006, 05:38 AM
TS has always been anti-Federer. This is old news.

mileslong
06-23-2006, 07:27 AM
master ts should change his name to master bs...

Robbie_1988
06-23-2006, 05:53 PM

LOL. Good joke.

The tennis guy
06-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeas, it's going to take its toll on his body in someway, IMHO.
Federer is displaying he is very stubborn fella last a few months.
Maybe he is getting over-confident as his girl-friend once said...

I'm really amazed how he got to the finals of almost all tournaments
he entered during last 2 years or so.

I think time will come and he'll need to rest between slams
and peaking at the right time, a la Sampras.

He took 6 weeks off after Wimbledon the last two years, and he took quite some time off after US Open as well.

The tennis guy
06-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Well, if he continues to maintain current level for more than 3 years,
he will surpass 15 slams. Or if he does better than now, it would take
less than 3 years from now.

I'd be already surprised big time if he continues to win 2 or more slams
in 2007 without pacing himself.

In fact, if he wins 2 or more slams this year, that would something really
sepcial already. 2 or more slams for 3 straight years.

But I think Federer plays like there's no tomorrow.
He might be spending too much energy in non-slam tournaments.

Sometime soon in the future, he's going to have to pace himself
a little bit more,..IMHO, if he is normal human being.

If you look at Federer's schedule closely, he doesn't play that many tournaments. Federer took time off after Wimbledon, and again after US Open. He doesn't play that much in the fall while Sampras played a lot because it was one of his favorite surface, indoor carpet.

omigod
06-23-2006, 07:36 PM
lol, this is hillarious.

Face it, this is grass-court time. Federer owns all now.

Prepare for fed to be holding the Wimby winner trophy again.

Hey, I'm rooting for Nadal to get as far as he can get before he faces Fed in Wimbledon. That way, Federer will wipe him out on grass.

I like Fed but Nadal gets knocked by people too much. Ok, Nadal plays like a gorilla - but his has shown that he can flatten the ball out and his workman-like attitude will definitely carry him beyond 1st week.

I predict he can adjust to grass as he is exceptional when he is off-balance. Digging a low ball off the ground, scooping the ball on the backhand from behind etc.. It aint as graceful as Fed's but it works!

He just need to develop the slice serve (like Goran's). In grass, if you can count on your serve, you are half way there.

bluescreen
06-23-2006, 07:50 PM
this is ridiculous. just because he played a couple tiebreakers and lost a couple sets at halle means he doesnt have a chance of matching sampras? just cuz he doesnt get 6-0, 6-0 every match doesnt mean he's horrible. such federer hate. man, u guys gotta grow up.

Roger is Boring
06-24-2006, 12:14 PM
federer has always been overrated.hes really not that good did you see how bad he played at the french open final!???? how can someone with such a lousy backhand like that be called the best ever?

arosen
06-24-2006, 03:11 PM
federer has always been overrated.hes really not that good did you see how bad he played at the french open final!???? how can someone with such a lousy backhand like that be called the best ever?

Dude (dudette?), you are consumed by your own hatred of Federer. You need to chill, avoid coffee and meth. You just called a guy that won 7 grand slams a "not that good". Time to lay off the pipe.

FEDEXP
06-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Really, your moniker is "Roger is boring"; why bother to post?

jukka1970
06-24-2006, 07:14 PM

Umm Hello!!!! he made it to the final, you even said it in your post. How the hell is someone overated who's won 3 of the 4 slams in a row, and then makes it to the finals of the 4th. Not to mention has won 7 grand slams. Boy you're entering the stupidity level of masterts with that statement

theazneyes
06-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Who said great players can't go through a little slump? He's in a slump, YET he's still winning.

I swear, Federer haters are some of the most ignorant people.

ATXtennisaddict
06-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Who said great players can't go through a little slump? He's in a slump, YET he's still winning.

I swear, Federer haters are some of the most ignorant people.

Fed haters think he's a GOD, that's why they expect him to keep winning and winning. :)

Chang
06-24-2006, 10:14 PM

Fed's almost 3000 points ahead of Nadal. How can he be overrated. As for his backhand, everybody has weaknesses, you don't often see Nadal serve and volley.

omigod
06-26-2006, 01:55 AM
Sampras's backhand was not exactly his trademark either.

nor Edberg's forehand, Becker's movement, Lendl's volley.

Only 1 player can beat Feb on clay and other than clay, no one. Not greatest ever yet but he has the package to do it!
:cool:

8PAQ
06-27-2006, 05:59 AM
Federer is in the form of his life! I am sure you must have enjoyed his match vs Gasquet very much MasterTS. Hehehe :D

TAKE THAT FED HATERS!!!

tennis_nerd22
06-27-2006, 06:08 AM

have you watched tennis before? :rolleyes:

lol if you saw fed's match against gasquet today, and the way he was dominating, you wouldnt say what you did above... and if you did, well, i'm speechless ;)

tennis_nerd22
06-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Federer is in the form of his life! I am sure you must have enjoyed his match vs Gasquet very much MasterTS. Hehehe :D

TAKE THAT FED HATERS!!!

ya he probably did... i'd be willing to bet with him that fed makes it to at least second week of wimbledon ;) lol

8PAQ
06-27-2006, 06:23 AM
ya he probably did... i'd be willing to bet with him that fed makes it to at least second week of wimbledon ;) lol

Funny thing is the commentators were saying that Gasquet was playing very well. So the result of the match is not his fault at all. I am actually very disappointed he had to play Fed in the 1st round. I wish he was in the other half of the draw.