PDA

View Full Version : Burbank Tennis Center (Los Angeles, CA)

snoflewis
06-16-2006, 11:20 PM
i was just wondering if BTC is open to the public. i know they have some clay courts and im looking for to play on them, since we all know like 99% of tennis courts are hard courts in LA. if it is open to the public, does anyone know the rates for the clay courts per hour?

thanks

Rob_C
06-20-2006, 11:59 AM
i was just wondering if BTC is open to the public. i know they have some clay courts and im looking for to play on them, since we all know like 99% of tennis courts are hard courts in LA. if it is open to the public, does anyone know the rates for the clay courts per hour?

thanks
Yeah its open to the public, its a Tennis Center, as opposed to a Tennis Club. The rates for the clay used to be $15/hr. Its probably the same now. I'm sure you can the phone # on the web somewhere. Give them a call.

snoflewis
06-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah its open to the public, its a Tennis Center, as opposed to a Tennis Club. The rates for the clay used to be $15/hr. Its probably the same now. I'm sure you can the phone # on the web somewhere. Give them a call.

thanks a lot

simi
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
http://www.burbanktenniscenter.com/

Several links give maps and directions. Couldn't find rates in a brief search.

baselinebrawler
06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
If you can try and get clay court #1 is better maintained than the 2nd clay court.

Send me an email maybe with a day you want to play and I might be able to setup a first time visitor pass.

eagpalza@hotmail.com

gooberwho
04-20-2009, 10:15 PM
If you can try and get clay court #1 is better maintained than the 2nd clay court.

Send me an email maybe with a day you want to play and I might be able to setup a first time visitor pass.

eagpalza@hotmail.com

reviving a long-dead thread: are you still a member? would you possibly be able to set up a time for me to try out the clay courts? thanks.

DNShade
04-22-2009, 02:56 AM
reviving a long-dead thread: are you still a member? would you possibly be able to set up a time for me to try out the clay courts? thanks.

You don't have to be a member. It's a public club. If you want to hit on clay - you can do it at anytime. Maybe we should get the LA clay court season under way.

gooberwho
04-23-2009, 11:05 PM
I know it's open to the public, but if he could get me in for free, that'd be nice..

DNShade
04-23-2009, 11:55 PM
I know it's open to the public, but if he could get me in for free, that'd be nice..

Cool. But I believe even the "members" still have to pay. Just get a discount. And the prices aren't expensive even if you aren't a member.

Rickson
04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
I don't see anything about members paying extra for the courts.

DNShade
04-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't see anything about members paying extra for the courts.

I could be wrong. I thought the members had to pay a fee for the clay courts as well. i don't know - never been a member. Always just played there and paid or been with a group playing. Even as a non member its butt cheap and very nice courts.

Rickson
04-29-2009, 06:55 AM
It looks like a nice place.

West Coast Ace
05-18-2009, 05:54 AM
You don't have to be a member. It's a public club. If you want to hit on clay - you can do it at anytime. Maybe we should get the LA clay court season under way.Are these red clay or green Har-Tru? I'm thinking about driving up and doing it just for the heck of it.

DNShade
05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Are these red clay or green Har-Tru? I'm thinking about driving up and doing it just for the heck of it.

Har-Tru. Not a lot of red clay around. I only know a few places with red in CA.

West Coast Ace
05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Har-Tru. Not a lot of red clay around. I only know a few places with red in CA.Thanks. Figured as much.

Where are the reds you know of?

PS - I love the Big Lebowski too. Goodman should have won Best Supporting Actor: "Donny, you're out of your element."

PPS - What NTRP are you?

DNShade
05-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks. Figured as much.

Where are the reds you know of?

PS - I love the Big Lebowski too. Goodman should have won Best Supporting Actor: "Donny, you're out of your element."

PPS - What NTRP are you?

Gotta love Lebowski...I'm mad - I had to miss the Lebowskifest this year - was out of town.

"Smokey my friend, you're entering a world of pain."

The only red clay close by I know about are out at Sherwood CC
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4854/getimage.jpg

And there are some out in Ventura at the Pierpoint Racket club - red classic clay I think. Never hit on those.

Level-wise...I can hold my own with pretty much anyone.

West Coast Ace
05-20-2009, 03:27 AM
DNS, have you hit at Sherwood; does Sherwood let non-members in? I'd heard it was very private. I also heard Lacosta has red clay and since it's a resort is open to the public.

DNShade
05-20-2009, 09:23 AM
DNS, have you hit at Sherwood; does Sherwood let non-members in? I'd heard it was very private. I also heard Lacosta has red clay and since it's a resort is open to the public.

Sherwood is private - so need to know someone- be a guest etc. Yes, I've hit there. Great place. I've never hit at La Costa - so I can't say for sure - but that sounds right.

dParis
05-20-2009, 09:35 AM
My apologies for hijacking this thread for a moment but Shade, do you have anything to input in the Cambria CA thread? You sound like you know the area pretty well.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

West Coast Ace
05-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Sherwood is private - so need to know someone- be a guest etc. Yes, I've hit there. Great place. I've never hit at La Costa - so I can't say for sure - but that sounds right.Thanks. I'll have to start asking people I know if they have any ins at Sherwood.

Your "I can handle myself" comment when I asked a fairly straightforward question about your NTRP reminded me of the Tennis Mag story about the ringer, ex D-I players beating down 4.5's in USTA leagues/tourneys. You sound like a cool guy - tell me that's not you.

We should reserve those two Har-Tru courts at Burbank and have a TW get-together.

onehandbh
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks. I'll have to start asking people I know if they have any ins at Sherwood.

Your "I can handle myself" comment when I asked a fairly straightforward question about your NTRP reminded me of the Tennis Mag story about the ringer, ex D-I players beating down 4.5's in USTA leagues/tourneys. You sound like a cool guy - tell me that's not you.

We should reserve those two Har-Tru courts at Burbank and have a TW get-together.

Count me in. I'd love to play on the grass courts at Sherwood.
I'm down for the Har-Tru courts at Burbank also.

DNShade
05-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks. I'll have to start asking people I know if they have any ins at Sherwood.

I'll check with my connections as well - see if they still stand up.

Who me? Never...What do you say we put a little cash on the game, just to make it more interesting, huh?

Just kidding. I used to play quite a bit back in the day. Been getting back into it lately but life tends to get in the way sometimes. Been hitting with a couple strong guys and the boys out at UCLA, etc...Getting it back. Was actually out in Straus Stadium all morning till just a little while ago.

Let's do it. Get the LA clay court season underway...

West Coast Ace
05-21-2009, 10:46 AM
but life tends to get in the way sometimes. Been hitting with a couple strong guys and the boys out at UCLA, etc...Getting it back. Was actually out in Straus Stadium all morning till just a little while ago.
I understand the 1st part. Bought a ball machine for just that reason - as people get further over the age of 24, the harder it is to get people to commit and show up - get too many "the boss just stopped at my desk..." calls. The ball machine is limiting - and gives one a false sense of awesomeness - but it's better than sitting at home watching 'Murphy's Guide to...' on Tennis Channel.

Come on, say you're a 5.0 - you'll feel better. Some of us lowly 4.0's, 4.5's may ask you for an autograph and picture! :)

West Coast Ace
05-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Count me in. I'd love to play on the grass courts at Sherwood.
I'm down for the Har-Tru courts at Burbank also.I'll call the Burbank place and see what they say about us 'appropriating' the both Har-Tru courts for a few hrs. Would have been cool to do it before RG started - oh, well.

Sephiroth619
05-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd like to join you guys if possible. Just need to know a date and time.

MomentumGT
05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Dang! An LA Meet Up but on clay this time sounds cool and could be fun. Andulka Park in Riverside has a brand new Har-Tru court for $12 a hour. Kinda tough to get the LA guys out here in the IE tho. LOL

-Jon

ODYSSEY Mk.4
05-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Dang! An LA Meet Up but on clay this time sounds cool and could be fun. Andulka Park in Riverside has a brand new Har-Tru court for $12 a hour. Kinda tough to get the LA guys out here in the IE tho. LOL

-Jon

hit it up today really like im going to join hit me uo if you ever want to play its only a 20 min drive

MomentumGT
05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
hit it up today really like im going to join hit me uo if you ever want to play its only a 20 min drive

Cool deal! I was about to hit there last night but decided on RCC instead. So you have a membership? I was thinking about it as well.

-Jon

ODYSSEY Mk.4
05-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Cool deal! I was about to hit there last night but decided on RCC instead. So you have a membership? I was thinking about it as well.

-Jon
yea after seeing all the benefits- weekly stoke clinic, ball machine, reservations ect. and only 50$ a month i find it hard to say no, and goofing off on the clay was fun too