PDA

View Full Version : Henman not volleying as much

vkartikv
06-17-2006, 04:49 AM
If anyone has been following queen's, Henman seems to have changed his game. He doesn't s&v much anymore and even on returns he seems happy to stay back and exchange from the baseline. Surprisingly it seems to be working but this is not what I came to expect from him...

exruda
06-17-2006, 04:50 AM
He did S&V in the Agassi match.
But you have to admit his groundstrokes do look good this week.

hoosierbr
06-17-2006, 12:20 PM
He says he's changed his approach on grass because of how much the courts have slowed down. He's staying back a lot more and coming to the net less often. He does serve-and-volley depending on the opponent.

He'll s&v a lot more at the US Open where the courts are quicker.

jackofromalsager
06-17-2006, 12:59 PM
henman s&v against aggasi but wen he plays someone like hewit hu has a better return he doesnt do it much because it is harder

exruda
06-17-2006, 01:37 PM
You're saying Hewitt has a better return than Agassi??????

hoosierbr
06-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Henman changed his game plan against Hewitt in Miami, not necessarily because of his return but his speed and his great passing and lob abilities. He stayed back and slugged it out from the baseline mostly and it worked. Was working today and he was getting to the net a fair amount but he got hooked on a bad line call on break point in the third and collapsed.

Agassi has a better return, of course, but he's not as quick as Hewitt so Henman can get to the net more. IMO.

Volly master
06-17-2006, 04:02 PM
agassi has lost speed, henmen took advantage of that, while hewitt is still a young guy and can move fast and hit good passing shots

fastdunn
06-17-2006, 05:57 PM
If anyone has been following queen's, Henman seems to have changed his game. He doesn't s&v much anymore and even on returns he seems happy to stay back and exchange from the baseline. Surprisingly it seems to be working but this is not what I came to expect from him...

It's been a while since he changed his playing style.
At least 1 or 2 year..

Andres
06-17-2006, 06:10 PM
You're saying Hewitt has a better return than Agassi??????
I don't know about him. But me? Yeah, I am saying it. Hewitt, in my opinion, has a better return than Andre.

superman1
06-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Hewitt's return is overrated. Once upon a time it was much better, but now it is nothing compared to Agassi's. He missed 4 returns in a row at one point to lose the game, and I didn't see him do anything special with any of the returns except get them into play.

Breaker
06-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Well obviously you weren't paying close attention, Hewitt's returns put opponent's in difficult positions to hit the next shot, giving Hewitt the advantage in the rally which is why he's one of the top 5 in return games won, Agassi's return is flashy like Blake's in that he goes for winners on them a ton, and he gets aced far more than Hewitt also.