PDA

View Full Version : Yuri's cheating again...

Wondertoy
06-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Fromthe USTA website, "In her match against Jackson, Sharapova even received a code of conduct warning after her father, Yuri, gave her advice."

lucky leprechaun
06-17-2006, 10:32 PM
These women players need to stop listening to their dads so much and grow up and be independent.

Alexandros
06-17-2006, 10:36 PM
More like their dads need to stop being psychopathic control freaks.

HyperHorse
06-18-2006, 04:00 AM
erm, whats the penalty for hitting a ball deliberately @ the crowd???
i think if i were sharapova's opponent id just pick up a ball and smack it at her dad...

slice bh compliment
06-18-2006, 05:19 AM
erm, whats the penalty for hitting a ball deliberately @ the crowd???
i think if i were sharapova's opponent id just pick up a ball and smack it at her dad...

Hehehhaah yeah, Yuri and Maria would have to put in some overtime with Lansdorp to gain that level of ball control.

conjunctivitis
06-18-2006, 05:23 AM
These women players need to stop listening to their dads so much and grow up and be independent.

Right on man

dmastous
06-18-2006, 05:29 AM

More like their dads need to stop being psychopathic control freaks.
Both are true, and can be applied to the men too.

flymeng
06-18-2006, 09:30 AM
I think it is hard to give any good advice during play except for Davis Cup. The coach/father/uncle can yell, "Hit the fore-hand or slice shot!". If I was the player, I would be more annoyed. I prefer no advice.

sandiegotennisboy
06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
what was the advice? was it, "pound the ball with your ugly strokes and scream at the top of your lungs at every shot?"

thats all this girl does anyway.

HollerOne5
06-18-2006, 10:19 AM
What a shock.....he did this in almost every match at the French Open, so why don't the umpires call it more. Its cheating in every sense of the word. If it is in the rulebook, and you are breaking the rule, its cheating.

Sharapova is a cheater

sandiegotennisboy
06-18-2006, 10:26 AM
What a shock.....he did this in almost every match at the French Open, so why don't the umpires call it more. Its cheating in every sense of the word. If it is in the rulebook, and you are breaking the rule, its cheating.

Sharapova is a cheater

i really dont like this father/daughter combo. that dad will not stop coaching his broad-shouldered amazon, HGH taking freak-child. but i guess at this point, with ALL her sponsors, and the fact that she cant seem to win another slam.....amazon girl can use all the help she can get.

edberg505
06-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I like the approach that Vaidisova's dad takes. He just looks at her with no expression on his face as to say figure it out for yourself.

dmastous
06-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I think it is hard to give any good advice during play except for Davis Cup. The coach/father/uncle can yell, "Hit the fore-hand or slice shot!". If I was the player, I would be more annoyed. I prefer no advice.
The discussion doesn't concern shouted instructions as much as hand signal and other ways of transmitting messages to the player. Probably the only thing coaches and family shout is encouragement.

sureshs
06-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Pity that Nadal's uncle did not get similar violations in Monte Carlo or Rome.

Is Sharapova on her way out to be replaced by Vaidisova?

flymeng
06-18-2006, 01:44 PM
The discussion doesn't concern shouted instructions as much as hand signal and other ways of transmitting messages to the player. Probably the only thing coaches and family shout is encouragement.

Seriously, how many hand signals can you transmit? e.g. If I rub my nose, hit the fore-hand down the line? If I scratch my head, make a drop shot? If a player can't figure that out after playing a couple of games, he/she should go back to "Tennis Strategy 101" course.

tommytom11
06-18-2006, 06:00 PM

Sharapova is a cheater

they should stop him. if you watch Maria, you will see that she hates it and it does much more harm to her game than good.

couch
06-18-2006, 06:08 PM
they should stop him. if you watch Maria, you will see that she hates it and it does much more harm to her game than good.

I think I'm with you on this one. I think I've actually heard them say Maria says this all the time. Now, whether or not it's true......

chiru
06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
parents get carried away. and kids don't listen. no harm done. i think, i dont think nadal and uncle toni cheated, and i think yuri just gets excited.

tennisadict
06-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Pity that Nadal's uncle did not get similar violations in Monte Carlo or Rome.

Is Sharapova on her way out to be replaced by Vaidisova?
true nadal`s uncle should get a warning

OrangeOne
06-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Seriously, how many hand signals can you transmit? e.g. If I rub my nose, hit the fore-hand down the line? If I scratch my head, make a drop shot? If a player can't figure that out after playing a couple of games, he/she should go back to "Tennis Strategy 101" course.

You'd be surprised how much you can transmit, and for a young player prone to losing themselves emotionally in the match (and how much can she really retain in her head with those grunts! ;)), it could be very useful.

I think I'm with you on this one. I think I've actually heard them say Maria says this all the time. Now, whether or not it's true......

Of course she says she doesn't like it / it doesn't help, it's the politically correct thing to say, and exactly what her PR person would have told her to say, irrespective of her own take on it.

emcee
06-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Everything Maria says seems so fake and polished. I hate it.

Bring on Vaidasova! Her parents are pretty cool. Her dad's like "whatever" and her mom just cheers once in a while. They seem really nice and non-controlling. Maybe if Nicole becomes a champion they can write a book and be the anti-Yuri and anti-Richard.

tommytom11
06-20-2006, 05:27 PM

i wasn't speculating that she hates it, i know it to be fact. they should put some official seated right near him. that would stop it.

OrangeOne
06-20-2006, 05:44 PM
i wasn't speculating that she hates it, i know it to be fact.

Sure you do. Because you, you are indeed Maria Sharapova. She is the only person who 'knows it to be fact' or not....

She's worth gazillions with or without daddy, she could flick him or shut him up in a minute's notices if she so chose!