PDA

View Full Version : Repainting a racket

spress
07-08-2004, 08:58 AM
i have a prince triple threat hornet(the old ones that were red and black) and im thinking about just painting it all black because its all scratched up and just looks destroyed. I was wondering if any of you have ever tried this if so what steps did u take to prep it (after taking out the string and grommets and grip), what did u paint it with and how did it turn out? thanks any advice is welcome

jayserinos99
07-08-2004, 09:26 AM
I painted some PT 280s all black after some inspiration on teh boards. basically used bulldog paint remover then a couple of coats of primer and then some non glossy black paint (4 coats i think) and lastly some satin finish clear coat (2 coats i think). The racquets play the same and the weight is the same too. Hope this helps.

shissncg
07-09-2004, 05:17 AM
The after market paints are not nearly as durable as the factory finish (they probably heat treat it or something). Getting all of the factory paint off can be a very time consuming task. I would recommend some quaality auto paint for the black, and then a thick clear coat. Paint can change the weight and balance of the stick depending on how much you apply, so you should keep that in mind, you can always apply more clear if it is too light.