PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Pro Staff 6.0, 90 sq inch version

Tim Tiger Henman
07-08-2004, 10:29 AM
TW,
is there any chance that you could get Wilson to release a 90 sq inch version of the Pro Staff 6.0? There is a phenomenal amount of demand for this racquet on this board, and I'm sure you would get hundereds of orders instantly.

Wilson have the capability to do this already - as witnessed by their racquet customization department. Unfortunately they only do this for pro players.

Wilson would win, you would win, we would win. Everyone's a winner. It could even be done in a special limited edition format - that way no other racquet sales would be adversely affected.

Believe me none of us are about to rush out and buy the Ncode. There is a whole market out there of advanced players/people who like traditional feel racquets not being catered for. All that is happening is that Wilson is losing us to other firms such as Volkl.

Go on. You've already bought back the Head Prestige Classic due to popular demand. The Pro Staff 6.0 is the greatest stick in history. Time to upgrade it to a 90 sq inch version.

What do you say?

Tim Tiger Henman
07-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Please!! Pretty please!

TW Staff
07-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I think Wilson have already done this with the Tour 90 and now the nSix-One Tour 90. I know for a fact that Roger Federer was using the Tour 90 last season (contrary to the beliefs of some of the users on this board), Edberg has also been seen swinging this stick. Both of these players were former PS 85 users and seemed to find what they were looking for in the Tour 90.
What exactly do you feel is missing in the Tour 90? Let me know and I'll pass the info along to Wilson.

Thanks,
Chris, TW.

Tim Tiger Henman
07-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Chris thanks very much for the reply. Appreciated.

Like you I believed that Sampras/Federer were using the Tour 90, so I bought myself one. It was horrible. Far too stiff to be a players frame. I *know* that Federer never used this racquet.

It plays a lot like the Hyper Pro-staff 5.0 - which isn't surprising given it is made of the same material - hypercarbon. Nothing like the PS 6.0 whatsoever - any comparison is nonsense.

I don't know why Wilson and the other racquet companies keep foisting these stiff new materials on us, when the "traditional" Graphite/kevlar mix of early 90's racquets such as the PS 6.0 85, Super RD Tour etc. provided the ideal playing characteristics.

We don't need new materials. We need the same old materials in an updated frame.

Why can't Wilson keep its exisitng racquets for the novices, and have a traditional (non-endorsed) line-up for the more advanced players?

Failing that why can't they just release a 90 sq inch version of the PS 6.0? Call it a limited edition one-off.

It seems to me that no-one is actually listening to what the consumers want. We seem to be caught in marketing merry-go-round of Endorsement, Marketing and Technological hype.

Feņa14
07-10-2004, 09:42 AM
It totally makes sense to have a PS 6.0 90.

I am really happy that TW are trying to get the POG Longbody back (BTW don't listen to the muppets that want 27.5 inches, give us 28!!!)

Anyway, I know for a fact that everyone on this board would buy at least one, they would also be willing to pay alot for it, to have the chance to use the racket that Federer probably actually uses is too good to be true.

Please keep the golden oldies alive. Not many people are after the Ncode, but they are dying for a PS 6.0 90 and POG Longbody.

Please, please, please :D

-Liam

Steve Huff
07-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Sorry, I wouldn't buy one. I wouldn't buy any 28" racket.

As for Wilson producing a PS 6.0 90. I really don't think the market for this racket is that large, plus they'd be introducing even more confusion in their racket line. They already have more models of one head size than any other manufacturer.

Tim Tiger Henman
07-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Basically hypercarbon is the worst thing ever to be put into a tennis racquet. It makes a racquet far too stiff - it loses all control and is excessively powerful, but in an inconsistent way.

I know most pro's don't use hypercarbon. My question is why are we the consumer forced to?

Can't Wilson give us some non-hypercarbon racquets??

tt2003
10-02-2004, 03:18 AM
Wilson can make PS 95, why cannot make PS 90? so weird.

jayserinos99
10-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Steve's right. Look at it from Wilson's standpoint. If they do decide to produce a ps6.0 90, it will take away from the small market segment for the tour90 and ncode90. factor in the labor and material costs (provided the only place to get these racquets is at TW, so I'm not including marketing) and Wilson doesn't necessarily make a whole lot of money. That's what they're there for, sucks for us consumers but money talks.

tt2003
10-02-2004, 04:36 AM
My point is that people will not purchase PS 95 which is the market that Wilson waste money anyway. Why dont Wilson produce PS 90 market which is very potential. At least, here are many people longing for PS 90, but not PS 95. I will purchase PS 90 but not PS 95.

BreakPoint
10-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Actually, I think there is a good market for the PS 6.0 95. I use one and I see others using them, too. In fact, I see just as many around here using the 95 as the 85. There is so much demand for the 95 that TW had to bring it back after is was gone for a year through a special deal with Wilson.

However, Wilson has already officially announced that they have discontinued the 95 about two years ago (although you can still get them from TW, for now anyway), and all indications are that with the intro of the nSix-One Tour, they are discontinuing the 85 as well (it's no longer in their latest brochures). Thus, I'd bet that there are plenty of current 85 and 95 users that would be interested in moving to a PS 6.0 90 (myself included).

tt2003
10-05-2004, 10:21 AM
It want PS 90 more stiffer too if Wilson really manufacture it, current China model is much softer than Taiwan model. Of course, please make it close to St Vincent model.