PDA

View Full Version : Fed and Nadal haters..

Luca
06-18-2006, 01:43 PM
After reading some of your posts, let me say that i canīt understand how there are so many Fed fans = Nadalīs haters or Nadalīfans=Federerīs haters". is it not possible to like both of them?
Firstly, in my opinion thereīs no denying that Federer is the best current(if not ever) player. His classy style, the way he plays, he seems never get tired!.And there īs no discussion about this, knowing that he has won 7 Grand Slams,(and i think he still wants more..)Arrogant? well, i donīt know him, but after winning so many tournaments, Grand Slams..its normal to feel a bit "superior" than the others, and for sure Nadal bothers him. But i want to think that is just on the court.
On the other hand, there īs Nadal, the "Rising Star", in my opinion, the most charismatic player(apart of Safin, lol) not only because his capri pants and sleevers,thats anecdotic, but his presence on the court, his mental strenght, how he plays, how he runs, how he moves, and how he is, looks like a bull but is humble like a child. Iīve never seen a player like him, and this is great for tennis.
Since iīm Spanish and im proud of Nadal, and will always support him (VAMOS NADAL!!), thereīs no reason for me to hate Federer, and i recognise heīs still the best player.(but everything CAN change, hehehe;)

Warriorroger
06-18-2006, 01:46 PM
People should stop talking about who's the greatest. All that matters is who you enjoy watching the most. I enjoyed watched Graf the most, was she the greatest? For many she was and for many she isn't, doesn't matter to me.

exruda
06-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Well, if everybody just complemented everybody else there would not be much to talk about on the pro player discussion board, would there? :mrgreen:
It's always more fun to have favorites and anti-, there is nothing worse than watching a tennis match where you don't give a s**t about the result.

and yes, there are people who like both players.

but Luca, you just started a new Fed/Nadal thread yourself :) and it's going to end up like all the others...

siber222000
06-18-2006, 02:01 PM
lemme see, did u make that account for making this thread so u won't get flamed by others when u make this thread with ur REAL account?

Well, if everybody just complemented everybody else there would not be much to talk about on the pro player discussion board, would there? :mrgreen:
It's always more fun to have favorites and anti-, there is nothing worse than watching a tennis match where you don't give a s**t about the result.

and yes, there are people who like both players.

but Luca, you just started a new Fed/Nadal thread yourself :) and it's going to end up like all the others...

^ yes

The Pusher Terminator
06-18-2006, 03:12 PM
I actually think Fed is awesome...its his idiotic fans that I hate.

textbook strokes
06-18-2006, 07:10 PM
The thing with Fed's fans (some of them) got worse after Rog choked in Paris. Some of them started claiming that RG is not a real slam, while others said that claycourt tennis is boring and favors the less skilleds.
I´m not a fanatic but those comments can´t be let without response

Tennis_Goodness
06-18-2006, 07:25 PM
I like both of them although I like Federer better. I think Federer and Nadal have a lot of fanboys and fangirls. I do think Nadal has more of the fanboys and girls though. He attracts alot of teenie boppers that don't know much about tennis.

I just go with the facts.

1. Federer is the best current player

2. Federer is clearly the Number 1 in the world and has a HUGE lead on everybody

3. Nadal beat Federer fair and square at Paris

4. Nadal is the best clay court player right now

5. Federer can win every slam

6. Nadal has won the FO twice

There are many more facts about the two, but I think people should stick with the facts more because alot of times people end up looking foolish!

lucky leprechaun
06-18-2006, 07:28 PM
After reading some of your posts, let me say that i canīt understand how there are so many Fed fans = Nadalīs haters or Nadalīfans=Federerīs haters". is it not possible to like both of them?

You can like them both, but there would be almost no posts in the pro discussion board if everyone loved each other. I think it just gets magnified for the sake of discussion. I prefer federer's skills over nadal's powerfully energetic solid game. Results are all that matter though, and here you have federer who has proved himself to no question on every surface now. Nadal has proved himself on clay to no question, plus probably the large gorilla in the room which is that he owns federer. I also think maybe a lot of "fed haters" like to root for the underdog and have a large work ethic themselves and is perhaps suspicious of anything easy looking such as what fed displays when he walks on a tennis court. I gravitate toward admiring things that are done with the least effort with a lot of result, so I can really never admire nadal's game. I sometimes feel nadal has put forth a whole tournament's worth of effort in one match!