PDA

View Full Version : ProStaff 6.0 90 sq inch version

Tim Tiger Henman
07-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Would you like to see Wislon release a 90 sq inch version of the velnerable PS 6.0??

I know many of you would.

If so now is the time to make your voice heard.

Go on over to the TW Questions/Comments forum to my thread asking for this and post your support of this request. Who knows? TW bought back the Prestige Classic. Maybe they can get Wislon to release a new PS 6.0 90 to us mere mortals.

lelopez
07-08-2004, 02:42 PM
They already do......it is called the nSix-One Tour :lol:

Tim Tiger Henman
07-08-2004, 03:04 PM
If only!

Unfortunately the Ncode plays nothing like the PS 6.0. Expect it to last about as long as its predecessor the Tour 90.

BreakPoint
07-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey Tiger Tim,
Did you happen to see this thread that I started a while ago: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?t=12321

BTW, I obviously also agree that the nSix-One Tour does not have the same sweet feel as the PS 6.0.

lelopez
07-08-2004, 03:38 PM
I agree that the nSix-One does not have the IDENTICAL feel of the P.S. 6.0, but it is pretty darn close and even has some things that are "better".

And I bet you if Wilson EVER releases a P.S. 6.0 90, there will always be people that will say that it is nothing like the 85......just like the 95 is nothing like the 85.

good luck finding your dream stick.....

BreakPoint
07-08-2004, 04:11 PM
And I bet you if Wilson EVER releases a P.S. 6.0 90, there will always be people that will say that it is nothing like the 85......just like the 95 is nothing like the 85.

Yes, that's the WHOLE POINT!! If you wanted something "just like" the PS 6.0 85, then just buy and use the 85. The PS 6.0 90 is for people that want something that's exactly in between the 85 and 95 in almost every regard. As I said in an earlier post, I actually like the feel of the 95 every bit as much as the feel of the 85, perhaps even more.

I don't think anyone is saying that Wilson should make the 90 as a replacement to the 85 but as an ADDITION to the 85.

kreative
07-08-2004, 05:22 PM
why? then everyone would stop buying racquets since they found the "holy grail". it's the same reason why prince won't remake the POG LB. if these 2 racquets were produced, the racquet market would probably be dead. hahahahahhahahaa.

Tim Tiger Henman
07-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Breakpoint you are a man after my own heart!
Yes I read your thread - thats why I decided to ask!

There is a lot of demand for the PS 6.0 90 just on this board. I am sure that TW (and wilson) would make a lot of money if they decided to release it.

Us advanced players are just not being catered for anymore. Unless we turn pro we can forget about ever getting new racquets. All we have is the second hand market. In which case neither TW or the manufacterers make a dime.

Why not go over to the Ask TW/Comments board and make your voice heard too?

BreakPoint
07-09-2004, 01:58 AM
Hmmm..... Well, I know TW has in the past been able to pull a few strings and satisfy its customers by doing the seemingly impossible like bring back discontinued racquets such as the Head Prestige Classic, Wilson PS 6.0 95, and PSC 6.1, and bring over racquets not sold in the U.S. like the HPS 6.0 95 Tour, but asking TW to try and convince Wilson to manufacture a brand new model just for us might be a little more difficult to pull off. Not impossible, I guess, since TW does seem to have a lot of clout with the racquet manufacturers but most likely an uphill battle, nevertheless. Unless Wilson is pretty sure they can sell at least a few hundred thousand of these, they may balk at the tooling, design, and support costs involved in making this new model. One glimmer of hope, however, could be if they are, in fact, really already making a PS 6.0 90 (or something very close to it) for Roger Federer, so that much of the tooling costs have already been invested. Selling many more of these would be a logical way for Wilson to make back some of that initial investment. I just hope Federer doesn't have veto power if Wilson decides to do just that!

Tim Tiger Henman
07-09-2004, 04:11 AM
One glimmer of hope, however, could be if they are, in fact, really already making a PS 6.0 90 (or something very close to it) for Roger Federer, so that much of the tooling costs have already been invested. Selling many more of these would be a logical way for Wilson to make back some of that initial investment.

Thats my whole point! I wouldn't ask if they weren't already doing it. The Wilson racquet customization centre already does this kind of thing for its pro players. So why not make a few extra? The tooling costs have already been invested.

Anyway I'm not suggesting that they make Player X's "real" racquet available. All I'm suggesting is that they update the PS 6.0 85 to a 90 sq inch version as no-one uses an 85 sq inch racquet nowadays.

If someone wants to emulate Roger Federer they should buy an Ncode. I don't. I just want an updated PS 6.0 90.

lelopez
07-09-2004, 06:56 AM
I remember this same discussion between racquet enthusiasts many, many years ago when the Pro Staff Classic was introduced. Don't get me wrong, the Classic is a great racquet, but some people felt that they still loved the PS 6.0 85 but felt that the racquet head was too small. When asked if they would use the PS 6.0 95, they said that actually they wanted something in between. I for a fact know a lot of people that play with the 85 sq. in. that completely detest the 95.

I'm sure someone has already tried to ask Wilson to make an "in between" model of the P.S. 6.0 in the past, and obviously has been unsuccessful (because we haven't seen the racquet yet!!!)
But, I agree with you, if they already have a mold for it then and definitely the technology maturity, then maybe it will happen this time around.

I just left a message to a friend at Wilson to see if he can go up the chain and ask why they won't make a P.S. 6.0 90. I'll let you know what he tells me.

L.

Tim Tiger Henman
07-09-2004, 07:07 AM
I just left a message to a friend at Wilson to see if he can go up the chain and ask why they won't make a P.S. 6.0 90. I'll let you know what he tells me.

lelopez, its not so much why they don't make a PS 6.0 90 - they can and they do at the Wislon racquet customization centre. The point is why not release one, if only in a limited edition format.

BreakPoint
07-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Have you guys also been following this thread?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?t=12705

Tim Tiger Henman
07-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Breakpoint - thanks I saw that thread.

Just goes to show that there is no replacement for the PS 6.0 in Wilsons current lineup. They have just flat-out refused to serve the serious player. Is it any wonder that so many are switching to Volkl?

Coda
07-09-2004, 10:33 AM
bring on the limited edition PS 6.0 90's!

BreakPoint
07-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Is it any wonder that so many are switching to Volkl?

I, too, am considering (gulp...) a switch to a Volkl, perhaps a Tour 10 or V-Engine 10? I know, it's blasphemy!!!! :shock: :(

So far though, I'm sticking with the PS 6.0 95/85.