PDA

View Full Version : I miss my inspiration:Marat WAKE UP!

rounick
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
It's just that he's the only pro that I can relate to..
Baghdatis is next but Safin has always been my inspiration.
And I'm so bored with the current top 10 players right now,even Fed sometimes cause he's so consistently flawless..I really can't watch any other Nalbandian and Ljubicic matches...
I really need Marat to come back and stir things up a bit..
http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/tennis/specials/australian_open/2004/01/28/bc.ten.australianopen.ap/p1_safin_ap.jpg

malakas
06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah!Marat wake up!!COME ON YOU CRAZY RUSSIAN!!

Πω..για να έχεις σαν έμπνευση τον Σάφιν..ένα ξέρω σίγουρα ..δεν θα ήθελα να παίξω μαζί σου τένις!!Για λόγους σωματικής υγείας..:mrgreen:

bluescreen
06-19-2006, 04:38 PM
i totally agree. its so much fun watching marat play. he's gotta act like he's in the '05 australian open again.

vive le beau jeu !
06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
allez marat... plug the right cables inside your brain and play good again !!! :D

exruda
06-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Πω..για να έχεις σαν έμπνευση τον Σάφιν..ένα ξέρω σίγουρα ..δεν θα ήθελα να παίξω μαζί σου τένις!!Για λόγους σωματικής υγείας..:mrgreen:
Malakas, that's not fair, this part I did not get at all! :mrgreen:

malakas
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM

Hehehe..that was the point!!:mrgreen:

127mph
06-19-2006, 05:17 PM
yea he should be able to muster up some fire during the hard court season or the indoor season or we might have to wait till melbourne.

rounick
06-19-2006, 07:23 PM

Προς το παρόν είμαι στο 40%..
1.Θλάση στα πλευρά
2.Κρυωμένος.
3.-4 κιλά..

Τι το 'θελα το τουρνουά?..
Με βάλανε και 4 30 το μεσημέρι να παίξω με 36 C.
Με περιέλαβε ένας ελληνοαυστραλός με τα Nadal-ικά spin του,έπρεπε φυσικά να τον κληρωθώ στο πρώτο γύρο..
Αλλά δεν έχω κι έμπνευση όπως προ-έγραψα.
Σιγά σιγά όμως..

I'LL BE BACK!

malakas
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Oh pure rounick...:( Hey..maybe I should play you after all!!Now is my only chance to ever win you ;)

What the hell was that tournament??

rounick
06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh pure rounick..

Priceless..

Although I know you meant "poor",don't EVER edit this!

I thought I was the only one up at this ungodly hour..

Watching late night ALTER movies,are we?..

Good day

malakas
06-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Priceless..

Although I know you meant "poor",don't EVER edit this!

I thought I was the only one up at this ungodly hour..

Watching late night ALTER movies,are we?..

Good day

hahahahahahaha!!!:D
no..yesterday i gave exams in english terminology and now i try to study a little statistic in the night..We are officially the only university in the whole country that is working!!!:cool:

Alter sucks..Around July though..it might get more interesting..:mrgreen:
Right now,the only thing that I have eyes for is the MUNDIAL!!!

rounick
06-19-2006, 08:08 PM
hahahahahahaha!!!:D
no..yesterday i gave exams in english terminology and now i try to study a little statistic in the night..We are officially the only university in the whole country that is working!!!:cool:

Alter sucks..Around July though..it might get more interesting..:mrgreen:
Right now,the only thing that I have eyes for is the MUNDIAL!!!

English Terminology,well judging from what I've seen around here,I don't think you should have any trouble with that..

Now let me see..

student
tennis
WRC
mundial

You seem like my Holy Grail..

I wonder about your tastes in music,that usualy messes things up for me!..

You should feel lucky that your school is working,I see me giving my exams mid-July,now that sucks.Big time.

Anyway,good luck with the rest of your exams.Don't study too hard..

malakas
06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Από μουσική λίγο απόλα..Άλλα δεν είμαι ιδιαιτέρως φανατική μουσικόφιλη.Σε φυσιολογικά πλαίσια.Πιο πολύ κλασσικό ρόκ όμως.

Ε καλά.. είμαι εγώ τρελή με το ποδόσφαιρο αλλά αυτή τη περίοδο και ποιος στην Ελλάδα δεν βλέπει μουντιάλ;Εδώ και οι αμερικάνοι έχουν γίνει οπαδοί!!;)

Όσο για το διάβασμα..μόνο από υπερβολική βαρεμάρα κινδυνεύω..:cool:

superman1
06-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Safin hasn't done that badly. Beat Davydenko, Moya, Gaudio. Lost to Almagro and Gonzalez on clay, both tight matches, and lost to Rochus on grass in another 3 setter. Rochus has always given him problems so it's nothing to be ashamed of, especially since Rochus went on to have 4 match points against Federer. I think it's somewhat of an improvement over last year after the Australian when he was getting beaten down by guys like Dent.

tnig469
06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Safin is like the Hulk...the madder he gets the better he plays...so everyone try and **** him off....AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH SAFIN MAD!!!! SAFIN HIT LASER BACKHAND IN UR *****!

fastdunn
06-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Safin hasn't done that badly. Beat Davydenko, Moya, Gaudio. Lost to Almagro and Gonzalez on clay, both tight matches, and lost to Rochus on grass in another 3 setter. Rochus has always given him problems so it's nothing to be ashamed of, especially since Rochus went on to have 4 match points against Federer. I think it's somewhat of an improvement over last year after the Australian when he was getting beaten down by guys like Dent.

Hmm, good insight. Maybe Safin is lurking to make a comeback soon.

I hope he does soon.

pound cat
06-20-2006, 06:23 AM

It was Greek to me too.

pound cat
06-20-2006, 06:26 AM
I predict Marat will be doing something brilliant and surprising to everyone very soon. Hopefully in some tournament somewhere.

PumpCann
06-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Here Here!! Marat will get his head out of his a** and use his God given talent and focus between the ears and get the job done. It is still early in his recovery, but it dosen't seem to be his knee, so mucha and his mental toughness. That backhand I still try to copy!! Marat stay mental fit and you have a great chance of doing some damage at Wimbledon!!!

Your # 1 fan--Pumpcann

Safin 4 Life

Eviscerator
06-20-2006, 07:32 AM
1.Θλάση στα πλευρά
2.Κρυωμένος.
3.-4 κιλά..

Με περιέλαβε ένας ελληνοαυστραλός με τα Nadal-ικά spin του,έπρεπε φυσικά να τον κληρωθώ στο πρώτο γύρο..
Σιγά σιγά όμως..

I could not have said it better myself. :mrgreen:

Rabbit
06-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Safin's been injured. Gilbert's assesement is that Safin's done. I agree. I don't think he has the motivation to come back to the top five.

rounick
06-20-2006, 01:28 PM
The thing is,big Marat is now hovering around #90,which is ridiculous and also gets him really bad draws..
Of course from Wimbledon and on he has almost no points to defend and hopefully his ranking will improve a bit.
I agree on the mental aspect,I've seen almost all his 2006 matches and his strokes are as good as ever,even better maybe..
But the game is slowly changing..
Crazy spin play is taking over,and Safin has always had problems with spinny opponents.
Of course a Classic Marat has no one to fear but I also think he is missing his inspiration also,whatever that may be,an artist at heart,he needs it.

Hope we all find it.
In the far fetched possibility he's checking this forum,there is now this thread so that people who feel the same way have a place to express themselves.
My view is that the reason I love this game so much is that I can understand the subtle beauty that lies under a magnificent forehand,backhand,volley,whatever.
No player can transmit this to me like Marat Safin.There are times when I can almost feel it,like it's me out there.And for some mysterious reason,I always play better after.
I really miss that

For love of the game

From a Safin fan

nViATi
06-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Safin is like the Hulk...the madder he gets the better he plays...so everyone try and **** him off....AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH SAFIN MAD!!!! SAFIN HIT LASER BACKHAND IN UR *****!
I guess you don't know Safin very well.

lucky leprechaun
06-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Marat doesn't need to wake up. Everyone else needs to wake up. He's never going to be again the marat safin we all want him to be. It's time to replace him and pick another player to follow. James blake is playing really well now.

VolklVenom
06-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by rounick
1.Θλάση στα πλευρά
2.Κρυωμένος.
3.-4 κιλά..

Σιγά σιγά όμως..
:mrgreen:

How do you get these squiggles from the keyboard???

malakas
06-20-2006, 03:09 PM

Squiggles?!?:eek:
You must install other languages in your computer..
Here is more...squiggles for you :α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω (the alphabet)

Volly master
06-20-2006, 03:12 PM
w00t russian !!

MARAT COME BACK DUDE!!!

LordRaceR
06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
e stvarno bi Marat mogao da se vrati u formu i razjebe sve na wimbledonu i us openu :)

tursafinov
06-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Marat doesn't need to wake up. Everyone else needs to wake up. He's never going to be again the marat safin we all want him to be. It's time to replace him and pick another player to follow. James blake is playing really well now.

No TRUE Fan of the tormented genious would bail on him for BLAKE! HA! Marat loves to hit his shots with beauty not Brutish swinging as a Blake would.
Safin is human because he breaks down and feels the Universe watching his game. It should be noted that he does his finest work with a beautiful girl in his box. Safin when he does it, does it well...at the end of the day i would be more proud of a streaky career that encompassed the two greatest matches ever played, then to dominate everyone and see it just end unsatisfyingly.

AMEN MARAT WILL RETURN even a fleeting moment in the sun would be worthwhile to see. his skill is immortal.
thank you

rounick
06-20-2006, 03:42 PM

I chose to believe your are mistaken.
Blake is good and charming,but not quite..
You think Blake is a Slam winner?A no.1 spot contender?Sorry,I don't think so..,although I really like the guy.
Safin has come back before,he can do it again.It's a matter of inspiration,motivation,and a bit of luck.If he gets a chance to link a few goos matches together,everything is possible.
It's just those damn Rochuses and Santoros and Nieminens and what have yous that f#%k him up.
I think he definitely has another Slam in him.
Just wait and see..

I know I will.

tnig469
06-20-2006, 03:45 PM

well not that angry...but u know he always gets angry no matter what...i loved watchin the anger

pound cat
06-20-2006, 04:02 PM

You'd also find that clicking on View and then Encoding very interesting.

pound cat
06-20-2006, 04:06 PM

Nobody knows Safin at all, but trying to figure him out is what makes him so intriguing...and frustrating to fans.

And should someone ever find the Eureka! to Marat's mind will be the day he becomes as predictable and dull as "you know who" LOL

kaiotic
06-20-2006, 07:13 PM
can't agree with you more.
stylistically, I am not a fan of two-handed backhand, but Marat and Agassi somewhat changed it.

WAKE UP, Marat! don't be a Kafelinikov!

malakas
06-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Come on Marat!!Don't give up!!!

http://www.tennis.it/images/safin300505.jpg

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Возвратитесь, Marat! Пожалуйста, пожалуйста, пожалуйста играйте в хороший теннис снова!

(bitte, bitte, bitte!!!)

serbian fan
06-21-2006, 01:32 AM
e stvarno bi Marat mogao da se vrati u formu i razjebe sve na wimbledonu i us openu :)
E, ja se potpuno slazem sa tobom!;)

serbian fan
06-21-2006, 01:37 AM
The thing is,big Marat is now hovering around #90,which is ridiculous and also gets him really bad draws..
Of course from Wimbledon and on he has almost no points to defend and hopefully his ranking will improve a bit.
I agree on the mental aspect,I've seen almost all his 2006 matches and his strokes are as good as ever,even better maybe..
But the game is slowly changing..
Crazy spin play is taking over,and Safin has always had problems with spinny opponents.
Of course a Classic Marat has no one to fear but I also think he is missing his inspiration also,whatever that may be,an artist at heart,he needs it.

Hope we all find it.
In the far fetched possibility he's checking this forum,there is now this thread so that people who feel the same way have a place to express themselves.
My view is that the reason I love this game so much is that I can understand the subtle beauty that lies under a magnificent forehand,backhand,volley,whatever.
No player can transmit this to me like Marat Safin.There are times when I can almost feel it,like it's me out there.And for some mysterious reason,I always play better after.
I really miss that

For love of the game

From a Safin fan
I totally agree with you. It's just so painful watching him starting matches so powerfully, and then, suddenly dropping, and at the end, looking like a wounded beast. Many people want him back. Soon!

Ivanišević
06-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by LordRaceR
e stvarno bi Marat mogao da se vrati u formu i razjebe sve na wimbledonu i us openu

swearing is forbitten on this forum!:)

rounick
06-21-2006, 04:29 PM
No TRUE Fan of the tormented genious would bail on him for BLAKE! HA! Marat loves to hit his shots with beauty not Brutish swinging as a Blake would.
Safin is human because he breaks down and feels the Universe watching his game. It should be noted that he does his finest work with a beautiful girl in his box. Safin when he does it, does it well...at the end of the day i would be more proud of a streaky career that encompassed the two greatest matches ever played, then to dominate everyone and see it just end unsatisfyingly.

AMEN MARAT WILL RETURN even a fleeting moment in the sun would be worthwhile to see. his skill is immortal.
thank you

Couldn't have summed it up better myself.

arosen
06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
I just watched Marat's match against Federer at AO, the semis which he won in 5. The biggest difference between Marat in those days and today? He just doesn't seem to have the desire anymore. Those old days, during that match, he was undeterred, regardless of the points lost or won, he was on a mission. How often does that happen today? He needs to get back his desire to win.

luishcorreia
06-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Safin must be one of the most natural gifted talented palyers of all time. It seems the he was born with that service motion.

When he beat Sampras in 2000 in the US Open Final, at 19 uears old, he was considered the next nş1 for serveral years.

He as also been injured a lot..but he's definitly and head case. He is already 26 and not before long he will be the greatest player to have passed by a brilliant carreer..

He's also proven that when his game is on..he can beat anyone..he's the most cleaner and bigger hitter in the game. He canb crush the service, forehand and backhand...he's also a good volleyer...

I saw him live at tennis masters cup in Lisbon (was impressed) and a couple of times at estoril open..

MARAT...COME BACK

HotCarl
06-22-2006, 08:34 AM
seriously. We need Safin in top form. It would be great if he could be in the top 3, so at every major tournament, instead of waiting for a Nadal/Federer final, we would have the drama of Safin in one side of the draw. Maybe he can have an agassi-like wakeup call in his late 20's and start owning everyone.

lucky leprechaun
06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
That's a good idea, he needs to take like two years off and not play any tennis at all, go around just party like phillipoussis. After that, either he'll realize how much he loves competing or realize he doesn't miss it at all. A recommitted safin in the same way agassi recommited would be limitless with safin's talent

rounick
06-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Well,Safin easily beat Rusedski on grass in straight sets so maybe he's on the rise.Word is he played really good,I'm thinking of downloading the game..He plays Gonzo next on Thursday,he should have a better chance that no RG..

aramis
06-27-2006, 08:04 PM
43 winners, 9 unforced

rounick
06-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah,must have been on top of his game then,hopes he keeps at it..