View Full Version : Thinnest replacement grip

07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
I just replaced the original grip on my Yonex RD-7 with a Gamma Hi Tech replacement grip and it's way too fat now. I noticed the original Yonex grip was very, very thin. What is the thinnest replacement grip around that I can put on it?

Thanks for your help.

07-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Hopefully someone will answer you. I asked this question weeks ago and never got a reply.

07-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I've answered this three times on the old forum and once on the new one. Head Comfortac or Softac with the colored strip removed.

Dennis Yeung
07-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Yup, Softac is probably the thinnest avaiable now. Gamma used to have one called Pro Lite, which was really really thin. I think Unqiue also have thin perforated replacement grip, but I forget what it is. Hope it help.

07-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Wilson TL gel is thin. I use it on my 2001 Babolat PCs to make them true to size since the factory made the grips slightly big. TL gel is a nice thin grip that feels firm and comfortable at the same time. HTH.

07-09-2004, 09:05 AM
babolat VS - 0.44mm, just over half the standard thickness.

07-09-2004, 09:07 AM
sorry sg, i misread your post. thought you said overgrip.

07-09-2004, 03:38 PM

Please ask Yonex sales rep. whether they sell the synthetic replacement grip -product number "AC112L"in US.

AC112L is the number in Japan.Yonex sell saying "AC112L" has a professional and direct feeling in Japan.

07-10-2004, 05:19 PM
errrr, the Gamma Pro Lite grip is still sold.

07-10-2004, 05:29 PM
use an overgrip instead - like Head pro grip perforated

07-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Kirschbaum has the thinnest grip that I know of, it's only .035 thick and is absolutely the best. It's called "touch it" and i have no idea why TW won't carry it. You can get it from a place in NYC

Proud Pusher
07-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Second the Gamma Pro Lite, a very nice feel and also thin

07-15-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

El Diablo
07-18-2004, 06:24 AM
I just reshaped a grip and needed something really thin to finish the job - the Prince Duratred overgrip is essentially the same material as a grip but of course much thinner, works very well.