PDA

View Full Version : Are the Nike Breathe Free III's ugly?

gery
06-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Hello guy!

What do you think, are the Nike Air Max Breathe Free III shoes ugly (Blue and white/yellow)?

I want to buy these shoes, but everybody says they are really ugly! I have never seen these shoes in "real"!

Gery

snoflewis
06-20-2006, 10:48 AM
the shoe itself isnt that ugly...it's just the colorways that nike comes out w/ that make the shoe look hideous. i have the all white colorway, which imo, looks clean and sharp, but i think all the other colorways are pretty disgusting... especially that new black/red/white colorway.

thejuice
06-20-2006, 10:49 AM
I personally think they are nice looking in person. I prefer the look and feel of the II's but I actually have a pair of III's that I wear as my "hanging out" shoes and they look great (they are the all blue/white bottom pair).

lacoster
06-20-2006, 11:02 AM
yeah, the all-white colored contrasting outsole detracts from the shoe and makes it look cheap. Nothing beat the BFII white/obsidian colorway.
________
Glass Bongs (http://glassbongs.org/)

john cheng
06-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi Gery,
If you really like that colorway, just go and buy it. Don't worry about what other people might think as long as you are happy with your purchase. That is the most important thing is to have that self satisfaction after making a decision that is your own.
Personally, I liked the blue/yellow/white color scheme. It's the school color of Marquette University Golden Eagles here in Milwaukee. But I decided to go with the white and black ones for now as I can match it with any top/shorts color easier. Probably will get the blue/yellow/white if it goes on sale.

BreakPoint
06-20-2006, 02:01 PM
This is just so wrong in so many ways IMO. ;)

Does anyone like this one?

http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/big/NAMB3BW-big.jpg

snoflewis
06-20-2006, 03:00 PM
yeah, the all-white colored contrasting outsole detracts from the shoe and makes it look cheap. Nothing beat the BFII white/obsidian colorway.

which all-white colorway are you talking about? there's the white/black (the newer one w/ the black outsole) or the plain white.

breakpoint...those are disgusting lol. the red patent leather (i think?) makes it look like a toy.

couch
06-20-2006, 05:30 PM

Breakpoint, how old are you?

TW CSR
06-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I personally think the Blue/White/Yellow color looks the best out of all the breathe 3's right now. I like semi flashy look and the yellow inside the air pocket.

Rob the Tennis Player
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM

It's alright. I think if the red wasn't so glossy it'd look better.

Kid Carlos
06-20-2006, 06:45 PM
I think the red and black ones look good, once Nadal starts wearing them at the U.S. Open more ppl will like them.

BreakPoint
06-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Breakpoint, how old are you?

Does anyone of any age really like wearing shiny red vinyl shoes on the tennis court, especially green tennis courts? But then again, what do I know? ;)

Mike Danger
06-20-2006, 10:01 PM
which all-white colorway are you talking about? there's the white/black (the newer one w/ the black outsole) or the plain white.

breakpoint...those are disgusting lol. the red patent leather (i think?) makes it look like a toy.

HAH!, that just makes me want to buy them, and i dont even like nike that much any more

couch
06-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Does anyone of any age really like wearing shiny red vinyl shoes on the tennis court, especially green tennis courts? But then again, what do I know? ;)

I guess I'm in the minority. Bought them and wore them today.

tonysk83
06-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I am definitely buying the red and black ones before next seasons tennis starts because my school is red and black.

BaseLineBash
06-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Doesn't it make you wonder why NIKE has a new line of shoes called...need I say more, REVIVE! The Vapor and BF3 look like a fart put to art, no matter what colorway.

lonetango
06-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Man the new Breathe Free III's looks like the velcro shoes my little nephew wears from Wal-Mart! Better yet, shoes from Pay-Less Shoes Source! The II's were so much better!

KBalla08
06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
meh the Breathe Free 3's are alrite, i like the new Vapor 3's, i got the blue ones, if only i knew they were coming out with black, which looks good...

brucie
06-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Breakpoint

Often I tend to agree with what you say, and respect what you say, but there is nothing wrong with breathe 3!

marcus_alsager
06-24-2006, 10:51 AM
i think they all have dodgy colour schemes but they are arite

BreakPoint
06-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Breakpoint

Often I tend to agree with what you say, and respect what you say, but there is nothing wrong with breathe 3!

No worries. Just different tastes in colors and styles, that's all. It would appear that the black and red version above was probably designed with younger players in mind. I usually prefer mostly white tennis shoes myself. :D

doriancito
06-24-2006, 11:29 AM
the red color one is ungly, i saw the blue ones in my local tennis store and liked them, from far they look like any ordinary tennis shoe, once you take a close llok to it, you see the detail and the technology, its worth it! its a rellay good shoe, once you take a close look is more better looking

brucie
06-24-2006, 12:33 PM
the red color one is ungly, i saw the blue ones in my local tennis store and liked them, from far they look like any ordinary tennis shoe, once you take a close llok to it, you see the detail and the technology, its worth it! its a rellay good shoe, once you take a close look is more better looking

Nikes just arent photogenic ay the moment look better in the flesh/ fabric! :p

GroundMaster
06-26-2006, 12:36 AM
I've got the white/black Breathe 3. Looks-wise, I didn't like it immediately, but once I put it on, it was extremely comfortable. I had a tough time deciding between looks or performance ... in my opinion, it looks like a pair of running shoes.

hgb765
06-26-2006, 06:36 PM
........ew

mowcopian
06-27-2006, 03:54 AM
i dont really like them. i had the breathe 2's they were mint until the air bubble popped.

Dopke
07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
The shoes just look.. weird. I don't really like it, but I can see how some people might. I definitely like the Vapor 3's in black. For me the breathe free 3's have too much going on. The vapor 3's to me is reminiscent of the Zoom Breathe Free (original) which I liked. Nothing too fancy, just one solid color with one extra color.

MMkay5
07-06-2006, 05:17 PM
is nadal suppose to wear the red and black ones after wimbledon

balongbalong
07-06-2006, 05:53 PM
looks wise its ok for me, but the shoe is too bulky and high for me.

BaseLineBash
07-06-2006, 06:06 PM
So anyways, I was talking to a NIKE BF3 designer today and I asked him...What was the inspiration to the design and colorways for this particular shoe...I got an astonishing yet simple reply...he told me "The team and I were primarily influenced by a flaming brown paper bag that is often put on front porches after the door has been knocked on"...at the exact moment I learned the motive I slowly reached up to take off my bifocals( that I don't really have) and said out loud MY GOD( as if I was an Army general under attack by Aliens from another planet)...that's genius!

MMkay5
07-09-2006, 02:40 PM
is nadal going to wear the red and black ones for the us open series now

Nike Man
07-09-2006, 10:48 PM
is nadal going to wear the red and black ones for the us open series now

Yes he is, along with the black/red sleevless and red/black shorts

brownbearfalling
07-09-2006, 11:54 PM
I think they look better in person than they do in the pictures. I actually really like the Obsidian colorway the best of the bunch.
________
Herbal Vaporizers (http://herbalvaporizers.info)