PDA

View Full Version : aNOTHER twist- compare the LM RAD to the LM Prestige MP...?!

D. Nelson
07-08-2004, 08:11 PM
I have the LM Prestige MP DEMO right now..and REALLLLY like it...a LOT....but was comparing the 'stats'....the LM Radical is SO 'close' to the LM Prestige MP --- I'm wondering who has actually played/compared BOTH....??? It seems that maybe the LM Radical might be a kittle better on volleys and a little LESS effective on serves...??? I'm buying ONE of them...!!!!!

hungry
07-08-2004, 11:43 PM
The LM prestige has more control on serves, and less power compared to the LM radical (with the radical, strung at 53lbs, I made 180 km/h or 106 Mph. Can't do that by far with my own racket.)
The LM prestige is more solid on volleys. (But I like my Wilson HPS 6.0 better)

hungry
07-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Sorry, 112 Mph. (I can't help myself. I'm not smarter)

bummer
07-09-2004, 06:33 AM
I have both racquets ... actually I have the radical tour and the LM prestige MP. I can't compare the serves and the volleys, coz I don't serve and volley that well. But on ground strokes, I can tell you that they feel and play very differently. The way they swing coz of the balance, and the contact from the stiffness. In the end I chose to play with the prestige because I like the touch and feel, and I don't enjoy the stiffness of the radical.

D. Nelson
07-09-2004, 08:12 AM
....thanks... that's what I mean....they 'seem' to be different...but, for example, the "flex rating" between the LM Prestige and the LM Radical....is only ONE POINT...!?!?!? I played 4 sets of doubles this morning....2 bagels...and 1 and 2...withe the PRESTIGE....N I C E touch around the net as well...!! I actually even got away with a drop-volley winner return of serve...at the end when everybody was really getting tired (South Fl.=100+++degrees..OUCH!!!)!!

bummer
07-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Nelson, you're welcome. I guess specs don't tell you everything. But its true what everyone else has said so far on this board, that the radical is just very different from the prestige. If you like the prestige, get it!

ouch, south Fl is really hot!

D. Nelson
07-09-2004, 08:57 AM
...yea, I'll probably end up with the Prestige...but I want to 'hope' that I can "customize" the Radical...to play "like" (?!?!?!???) the Prestige...and save a BUNCH of money...the LM Radical is a LOT less than the Prestige; on the 'used frame' market...

BreakPoint
07-09-2004, 09:18 AM
I actually even got away with a drop-volley winner return of serve...

How is it possible to hit a drop volley return of serve? Don't you have to let the ball bounce inside the box first? :?

D. Nelson
07-09-2004, 09:25 AM
....HAHAHAAA!!! Right...the server hits a semi-muffin...in the ad court...to my forehand...it lands short...I step in...he stays back (OUCH!!)...I brush under/touch the ball short-crosscourt...it dies...HE dies...'we' roll on the ground; hysterical...... :)

SwissServe
07-09-2004, 01:29 PM
so check the LM Radical MP Tour (a little heavier), but I think they aren't distributed in the US.... U will get them e.g. under elite24.de for EUR 160.-

Maybe this stick is between the Prestige and the Radical?!