PDA

View Full Version : the most comfortable shoes youve worn??

Mike Danger
06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
I never thought i had a wide foot, but ever since i started playing and got a pair of the Nike air resistance, way back when My pinky toes have always hurt a lot after a couple hours of playing. and now im playing more than ever, i cant wear the 2 pair of Breath free 2's anymore. I keep having to tape up my pinky.
I just got a pair of the Diadora Speedzones which i like, but they, as i found out the hard way, run a half size large! So I can't play in them for more than an hour, but my pinky toes do a little better.
But i gotta find some shoes i like that dont hurt my feet.

And that breathe!!

any recomendations??

HyperHorse
06-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Try a pair of new balance... they've been making some great tennis shoes of late, plus they have various
widths...
these... http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNB-NBOD.html
or these...
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNB-M1002DW.html

coach
06-21-2006, 07:13 AM
Wilson Fantom.. felt like a slipper... below average durability as one might suspect though

thetenniskid07
06-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Fila Torneos!!!! They Are Freaking Awesome!!!

kreative
06-21-2006, 12:39 PM
most comfortable i've found are the rbk match day pumps.

Greg Raven
06-21-2006, 02:58 PM
I absolutely love Prince NFS Freaks, precisely because they are a bit wider in the toe box. I, too, feel as if I'm wearing slippers. I fear that Prince may be discontinuing them soon, however. I've also had good luck with New Balance.

Richie Rich
06-21-2006, 03:27 PM
asics gel enquist or yonex sht 304's. both light, relatively durable and really comfy.

PowerPusher
06-21-2006, 04:34 PM
I agree, and they're very durable as well.

Mike Danger
06-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Well i just tried on:
Diadora Speedzone Plus in a size 12 (half size smaller than i usually wear), they seem to fit well, BUT, the toe drag thing, which runs up to the start of the shoe laces, would dig into my foot as the shoe flexed.

Next
Babolat Roddick ones, interesting, they seemed a tiny bit narrow, but might have been soft enough at my pinky to work, though the padding in the forefoot was minimal, and they felt a tiny bit stiff.

New Balance something, in the 2e width, toe box was way too big.

Nike vapor 3's NOPE, could immediately feel that pressure point on my pinky toes, Cant wear those.

But you know when I had my pair of reebok pumps back in the day, they never gave me this problem.

hmmm
hmmm
hmmm

nViATi
06-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I agree, and they're very durable as well.
The MDPs are pretty comfortable but they are not breathable or durable at all.

Mike Danger
06-21-2006, 07:47 PM

well they are relatively cheap, and have the 6 month waranty.

Im thinking i might get those and take a razor and cut small holes in the upper

HyperHorse
06-21-2006, 08:59 PM
well they are relatively cheap, and have the 6 month waranty.

Im thinking i might get those and take a razor and cut small holes in the upper

erm.. thats just low/plain wrong... i cant believe u would even think of doing that....
*angry stare*

Mike Danger
06-21-2006, 09:21 PM
????

????

HyperHorse
06-21-2006, 09:42 PM
????

????

oh, you're doing that for ventilation???
im sorry, i assumed u were going to maliciously damage the shoe
to exploit the warranty and get a new pair of shoes for free...
my bad.

why dont u just get a sewing needle and make heaps of tiny holes around the toe box?

OnyxZ28
06-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Adidas Barricade I.

dragonxking
06-22-2006, 01:18 AM
nike air presto

Freedom
06-22-2006, 07:05 PM
My new B4s that I just put on about 10 minutes ago. Ahhhhh...:cool:

chasunc03
06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Adidas Barricade 3's.....fits like a glove and durable as heck baby~

nn
06-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Nike BF II so far

Mike Danger
06-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Nike BF II so far
as i mentioned the bfII's kill my pinky toe

nn
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
as i mentioned the bfII's kill my pinky toe
It was my most comfortable shoes worn?? that was the title..never mind

chess9
06-22-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm not certain that recommendations on shoes are any better than recommendations on racquets. However, I am certain that recommending a shoe is completely worthless if you do not mention at least the following:

1. Whether you have any foot problems, such as orthotics, severe pronation or supination, bunions, etc.
2. Your age, height and weight. Trust me on this guys, a 20 year old who is 6' tall and weighs 150 lbs will think titanium shoes are "soft", whereas a 60 year old 6', 170 lb guy will think pillows are harsh.
3. The surface you play on predominantly. I can go barefoot on clay or grass, but hard courts require lots of cushioning.
4. Do the shoes fit wide, narrow, long or short? This is very important information.
5. Do the shoes provide strong support for your feet when moving quickly?
6. Are they comfortable?

Frankly, I don't care if they wear only 3 or 4 months, but this is one of the most frequently mentioned comments. I'd rather buy a new pair of $80 shoes every three months than pay my orthopedic surgeon $1000 over the same period of time!

-Robert

brucie
06-23-2006, 02:55 AM
barricade 3 without a doubt

KBalla08
06-23-2006, 03:18 PM
hell ya. sooooo comfy i never wanted another shoe. the only reason i did was cuase they are heavy... but i still use em, my 1st pair of em lasted me a year, which is pretty damn good for me, and i got another pair of them and a pair of nike vapor 3's, pumps r way more comfy

cghipp
06-23-2006, 05:41 PM
I have wide feet, tend to supinate and I love the Prince T9 Roadsters.

str33t
06-23-2006, 05:58 PM
barricade 4's

Arafel
06-25-2006, 10:50 PM
There is no most comfortable shoe. PERIOD! There IS a most comfortable shoe for you-and what it is will depend on your feet and the manufacturer's fit, which in turn may be affected by the particular factory making them [I need a wide fit, and two different models of New Balance in 4EE fit differently today]. I've been fitting people into performance footwear for 23 years, and each company has a different fit-go with what fits YOUR feet best, and ignore any other advice/input. In the industry, we present it a a joke, because it gets accepted better, but it's totally true: To pick footwear, criteria 1 to 10, 1 most important; 1: fit, 2: fit, 3: fit, 4 maybe start considering anything else. And to any of you buying footwear online for price, you deserve your future blisters.

Mike Danger
06-25-2006, 11:46 PM
you wouldnt happen to know a shop that carries reebok would you?

GroundMaster
06-26-2006, 12:33 AM
I presume the title of the thread refers to the most comfortable tennis shoes. My vote would go to the Nike Air Max Breathe 3. I've got really broad feet, and have problems with tenderness on the sole from constant pounding on the courts. After getting the Breathe 3, it has reduced the problem so much that it's almost unnoticeable.

PowerPusher
06-26-2006, 06:08 AM
I agree that the Rbk MDP's could be more breathable, so they do get pretty hot and stinky. But they are the best built tennis shoes I've ever played in, and after 4 months of playing 3-4 hrs. a day they have held up very well.

I didn't think the Nike BF's we're that comfortable at all, not enough cushioning in the forefoot IMO.

yoga
06-29-2006, 01:32 AM
head c-tech 6000, & its lacing system worked fine too

Nadal_Rulz
06-29-2006, 06:54 AM
BF II's by far

theace21
06-29-2006, 07:01 AM
Barricades 3's

Mike Danger
06-29-2006, 08:53 AM
well i just got some of the MPD's and they fit a little loose in the heel, Cusioning seems good at first, but after a few minutes only comprable to nikes.
The pump system sucks, you have to pump it about 50 times before you barely notice anything. All the pump does it make the shoe hotter, becuase the bladder obviously doesnt breath, i may rip it out.

I cut multiple hole in the shoe with an exacto to get it to breathe, its not pretty but it works.

over all the fit is pretty comfortable,
I didnt notice the weight at all, maybe if i put on my speedzones right after maybe i could tell the difference but other wise no.

kreative
06-29-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm not certain that recommendations on shoes are any better than recommendations on racquets. However, I am certain that recommending a shoe is completely worthless if you do not mention at least the following:

1. Whether you have any foot problems, such as orthotics, severe pronation or supination, bunions, etc.
2. Your age, height and weight. Trust me on this guys, a 20 year old who is 6' tall and weighs 150 lbs will think titanium shoes are "soft", whereas a 60 year old 6', 170 lb guy will think pillows are harsh.
3. The surface you play on predominantly. I can go barefoot on clay or grass, but hard courts require lots of cushioning.
4. Do the shoes fit wide, narrow, long or short? This is very important information.
5. Do the shoes provide strong support for your feet when moving quickly?
6. Are they comfortable?

Frankly, I don't care if they wear only 3 or 4 months, but this is one of the most frequently mentioned comments. I'd rather buy a new pair of $80 shoes every three months than pay my orthopedic surgeon $1000 over the same period of time!

-Robert

1. No foot problems to date, slight supination
2. late 20's, 5'8", 160 lbs
3. hard courts
4. length true to size, width is slightly wide, roomy toe box
5. good support for quick movements, very stable
6. extremely comfortable & cushy

Other shoes for comparison I have tried/owned are: Barricade II, III, IV, Breathe Free I, II, Upset DMX.

MDP's are the most comfortable, and I could play all day in them. I do agree about the ventilation though which is why I'm transitioning to the BFII's for the summer at least. They're also a bit weightier than others, which took a small adjustment period, but I got used to it.

TheSnowMan
06-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Fila Punto

Mike Danger
06-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Ok I think ive improved them, ive ripped the Pump bladder out and cut a little of the sides of the huge tounge off, Much better!

with that being said, i should have gotten the Upsets or the 3d premiers

MdotPdot
06-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Diadora Rebound Ace...if you can find 'em! They have recently been discontinued. I, too, have w i d e feet. As some others have noted, New Balance in 2E or 4E are good options. I currently rotate between Barricade III's and IV's and haven't had any issues.

RIRed2005
07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Tretorn sneaks... back in 1974-75 !!!

Sixpointone
07-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Nike BF 2.

TW CSR
07-04-2006, 11:58 AM
If this is limited to tennis shoes I vote for the Match Day Pump. Great cushion and support, not so great breathability. I have heard different things about the durability of these shoes, they seem to last for some people and go quick for others. I have had no durability issues.

Mike Danger
07-04-2006, 12:09 PM
well comfort wise they are good, but if i didnt pull out the pump system and cut holes in the upper to breathe theres now way i could wear them, I think id have gone for the upsets or 3d premier if i had to do it again

Ronaldo
07-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Tretorn sneaks... back in 1974-75 !!!

Man, never had any love for those bricks. How did they get their reputation for comfort, from Fred and Barney?

Bogie
07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
diadora speedzone pros are the best shoes ive ever worn. unbelievably light, comfortably, stylish, and durable. i just ordered my second pair.

Marat Safinator
07-04-2006, 01:14 PM
definately the 2004 black and red A3 Adidas, the ones safin wore. amazing shoes, great texture and comfort as well as great style.

theracquet
07-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Match Day Pumps.....but greatly hamper ones mobility around the court

Joe Average
07-04-2006, 05:20 PM
So I guess what you're asking is "What recommendations do you have for wide feet?" Quite a few people seem simply to be responding to the title of the post ... "The Most Comfortable Shoes You've Worn." And some of these recommendations clearly come from narrow to medium-footed people.

I'm going to recommend the Nike Air Resolves. They're relatively cheap, are durable, and are definitely for wide feet. I've tried the Diadora Momentum DA 2s. They're okay. Kind of ugly though. I've also tried the New Balances. But, for some reason, they seem to cause, at least for my feet, trouble in other areas: sore ankles, Achilles, blood toe. I've had good luck with Wilson shoes. But the one that have worked well, have been discontinued before I could stock up. I'd also recommend you refer to TW's shoe finder. Good luck!

Mike Danger
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
No, see the thing is i dont have wide feet, i have like C width, its just my pinky toe, that gets hurt by nikes other wise id probably stick to them.

I just got some MPD,s i dont notice the weight, but they are actually a bit too roomy, my foot moved a round a tiny bit on now my "index"? toe starts to hust because the sock gets pulled back on it, I think in going to go ahead and get a pair of the SPeedzone pros hope fully they fit correctly this time VS my pair of original speedzones

emcee
07-04-2006, 07:55 PM
definately the 2004 black and red A3 Adidas, the ones safin wore. amazing shoes, great texture and comfort as well as great style.

I got those. Meh. I miss my Barricade II's. The A3 started ripping after 2 weeks!

But yeah they're pretty comfortable, but honestly I can't tell too much of a difference in comfort between my various tennis shoes. I guess it's because I've never had any foot problems. But I AM glad that the A3's have enough room to accomodate an ankle brace.

kreative
07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
mike, you can try pumping up your mdp's or adjust the strap.

a3's were a nice shoe, very comfortable, but wear faster than f1 tires.

chrisplchs
07-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Rainbow sandals... without a doubt

mowcopian
07-06-2006, 11:21 AM
i would have to say that my nike breathe free 2's are damn comfortable.

mctennis
07-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Amen chess9. I would pay $80-100 for shoes that fit well every 3-4 months rather than a pair that hurt me that lasted a year. My favorite feeling pair of tennis shoes are Nike Air Max Persistance. They are no longer available.

PowerPusher
07-12-2006, 06:35 PM
I agree those were very comfortable, but had poor durability. The Head Games were very comfy too, but I guess it's academic since they're both no longer in production.

Mike Danger
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
mike, you can try pumping up your mdp's or adjust the strap.

a3's were a nice shoe, very comfortable, but wear faster than f1 tires.

I pulled the pump bladder out of it.

They are ok But i ilike My diadoras better, and the Fila X points arent bad but they are a little narrow

brucie
07-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Barricade 3 no doubt