PDA

View Full Version : DVD clips, Agassi Sampras 00 Aussie semi

laurie
06-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi. There are also awsome clips from 1993 US Open qfinal between Sampras and Chang plus 1998 Vienna qfinal between Sampras and Henman and Seles Martinez from the 1997 canadian Open.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0016.html

Comments welcome.

laurie
06-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Any comments on the clips?

Xevoius
06-23-2006, 05:17 AM
They are hard to find since they are nested 3 layers deep in your site.

I barely had the patients to download one clip since it took so long.

The movie had an annoying high pitched buzzing sound while I was viewing it.

laurie
06-23-2006, 05:23 AM
That's too bad if you didn't have the patience, you're missing out. But as you can see, they are lots of matches on there, there are a lot of clips you can try. It depend's on your server actually. That will determine how long clips take to download.

A lot of people tell me it takes seconds to download the clips on their PC.

JackRabbit
06-23-2006, 08:49 AM
They downloaded just fine for me! Great work again! I was wondering if you had any Joachim Johannson matches by an off chance?

laurie
06-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks Jack! When I get comments like the first one, it can be worrying. But I've had so much positive feedback over the last few months from people all over the world.

Unfortunately Johnasson hasn't been around for some time, so I don't have any matches of him.

laurie
06-23-2006, 09:03 AM
By the way, these clips also play on Nero showtime.

simi
06-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Comments welcome.

The bold background colors hurt my eyes. I cannot remain on either of your two sub-pages for more than a few seconds before my eyes and head start hurting.

rob61
06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
It seems they are taken from EuroSport TV broadcasts. If these are what you are trying to sell (the entire match), get ready for the lawyers. Those broadcasts are copyrighted material, and when they decide to pounce, you are going to have to pay a LOT of $$$.

Not that I don't enjoy watching some old matches, but you can not sell matches (which it appears the site is trying to do using PayPal) that you've obtained from broadcast.

Just to let you know...

JackRabbit
06-23-2006, 09:44 AM
He's not making a profit off of these so I don't see how he could be sued. The clips are free (http://www.*********clips.net/blank.html)

EDIT: Replace the stars with *tennis dvd clips*

jasonbourne
06-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi. There are also awsome clips from 1993 US Open qfinal between Sampras and Chang plus 1998 Vienna qfinal between Sampras and Henman and Seles Martinez from the 1997 canadian Open.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0016.html

Comments welcome.

laurie, I have never been able to view any of your matches from your site. After I click on match my browser reads 'Transferring data from www.*********clips.net...', then ends with a broken QuickTime icon. My server or network is not slow.

I tried the following for example,

http://www.*********clips.net/files/Aussie_semi_5.mpg
http://www.*********clips.net/files/US_Open_1.mpg

What could be the problem?

rob61
06-23-2006, 11:34 AM
The clips are to lure you into buying the match on DVD. Below is her sell...

======================================

For more information re the matches on offer please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at laurie@classictennismatches.net and will answer any queries very promptly indeed. I have new matches coming in all the time.

Please note you can pay online via secure paypal service.
======================================

Even GIVING away copyrighted clips is illegal (which is why people are getting sued for sharing movies online) unless she has the written permission of the copyright holder. Its the redistribution which is the problem, not whether or not she is making any money, although her intent is to profit from the sale of these matches on DVD. Either way, she stands to lose a lot of $$$ when the courts come after her.

laurie
06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Jason, these clips play in Windows media player. I know for sure that they don't play in quick time. Can you reset your settings on your PC to play windows media player instead? Do you have the latest version of windows media player?

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Laurie get lost, noone wants to view your pirated video clips.

Moose Malloy
06-23-2006, 03:30 PM
It seems they are taken from EuroSport TV broadcasts. If these are what you are trying to sell (the entire match), get ready for the lawyers. Those broadcasts are copyrighted material, and when they decide to pounce, you are going to have to pay a LOT of $$$.

Let me guess, you're a lawyer? You really need to chill, we aren't talking about pirated movies, we're talking about tennis matches! You think there is a huge demand for old tennis matches? Its a niche sport with a niche following. Very few people care to see old matches & this is the only way to do so. Eurosport/ESPN or whatever is never going to make old matches available to fans. Once a match is over it ceases to exist. So let fans get a chance to see players/matches they've never seen without pooping on their parade.

And really, you think eurosport will think its worth their time to sue someone selling a few tennis matches? look around, there are other sites that sell matches & there are many sellers on ****. there have been for years. and i'm grateful for it so I can see all these old mcenroe matches. and I don't expect to get them for free, because well made dvds cost money & time. No one is getting hurt like the music & movie industry. we're talking very small numbers here compared to those that download movies, etc. geez.

ksbh
06-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Taco ... I have an Anglo Saxon term for you ... but can't write it here for fear of the moderators! But it goes something like Wa..er!

Noone wants to watch? Speak for yourself little one ... and stay away!

Laurie get lost, noone wants to view your pirated video clips.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-23-2006, 05:04 PM
then why dont you type the " Anglo Saxon" term for all of us to see you idiot.

jasonbourne
06-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Jason, these clips play in Windows media player. I know for sure that they don't play in quick time. Can you reset your settings on your PC to play windows media player instead? Do you have the latest version of windows media player?

laurie, thanks for the suggestion. It worked! :p

PeterSampras
06-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Dumbest site ever. First of all, not everyone is a PC user. Mac users don't like to bother with Windows media player. MPEG files should play in Quicktime player.... not WMP. Get a clue and make those files more accessable.

Not to mention horrible navigation and stupid links burried 3 levels deep.

You really need to get a clue about web design if you want to sell things on the Internet.

laurie
06-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Moose, you're right. It's hard to see anything from the past. A lot of people are delighted to see clips like this. I'll keep making them. There are many people who make clips for people on the net. We must all be going to hell in a handcart then.

I keep telling you Americans I'm a man. Laurie is still a man's name over here in England! I believe you lot spell it Lory for women.

Swissv2
06-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Laurie, keep making em, I certainly enjoyed watching a few of the clips.

mansrow
06-24-2006, 07:56 PM
i still cant play with media player. it got codec issues. my codec is all up to date. anymore suggestions?

Swissv2
06-24-2006, 11:20 PM
up-to-date media player doesn't always mean "viewable" media (especially with WMP *shock*)

Go back to version 9 and you will see your video.

mansrow
06-25-2006, 05:11 PM
found the solution.
used vlc.